Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

This dress needs something

(Besides a thinner bride to wear it lol)

Ok let me start out by saying that I have more than a little body dysmorphia going on. The first time I bought this dress it was 3 sizes too big. I know when I look in the mirror (which is as rarely as possible) that I do not see what others see. I get that.

That being said, this dress needs something and I don't know what. I bought a chiffon wrap to mask my giant arms (plus a wrap is recommended in the balloon). I know the dress is simple, but I love it. I'm not sure the hat should stay or if I should just get like a wreath of flowers or something. Any suggestions? A sash maybe? I'm so bad at this stuff, seriously. I am an engineer, I'm better with logic.

(I don't know why the photo is sideways, I swear it wasn't originally)
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: This dress needs something

• Options
    You look gorgeous and your arms are not huge! Plus, it's a beautiful dress. With something so simple, maybe a statement choker with pearls and rhinestones. Something simple but will bring the look together. I'm not a huge fan of sashes, plus they are way overpriced, but you could do a simple, clean one. Good luck and report back on what you find.
    Happiness is an inside job
  • Options

I don't think the dress needs anything other than some alterations.  I really don't think you need a wrap at all. It's a gorgeous dress, your arms are more than fine, and the wrap will be inconvenient and not really contribute to the look of the dress.  I'd get some fabulous jewelry and shoes, and have that dress altered to properly fit you (it's too big!  I can see that you have a waist, but the dress looks way to big around your waist and hips.)

• Options
    I'm with the others, I think with some accessories like a necklace and a bracelet and earrings (if you wear them) and you'll be all set. Sounds like you are doing an air balloon? I think I would opt for a cute cardigan over a wrap, I think it would be more comfortable and easier to deal with. You won't have to worry about holding onto it so it doesn't blow away. Not sure if you are more of a pearls girl or bolder, but you can get away with anything from pearls, to blinged out stuff, to some bold colored jewelry, or something in gold or silver. You can't really go wrong with your dress. If you see something at the store and need a few extra opinions on if to goes or not, post and we'll be happy to help out. You're going to look beautiful on your wedding day.
  • Options
    ElcaBElcaB member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    I think you need some statement jewelry. 

The dress is lovely and, aside from needing some minor alterations, looks great on you! No self hatred --- this is your wedding and you're going to look beautiful, dammit. 
  • Options
    It looks great. I think a sash would be weird and I don't love necklaces with high necklines but I think a killer pair of colored shoes would look amazing!

• Options

I don't think the dress needs anything other than some alterations.  I really don't think you need a wrap at all. It's a gorgeous dress, your arms are more than fine, and the wrap will be inconvenient and not really contribute to the look of the dress.  I'd get some fabulous jewelry and shoes, and have that dress altered to properly fit you (it's too big!  I can see that you have a waist, but the dress looks way to big around your waist and hips.)

This.  You need to have that dress taken in, especially around the waist because you need to show that tiny waist off!  I would also suggest shortening the dress to just at your knee, it will help to elongate your figure and lengthen your legs.  Get some fab jewelry and killer shoes and rock the hell out of it!

• Options
    Nope, no huge arms on you. I think it looks great! Some nice jewelry and shoes and it will pull together quite nicely.
  • Options
    I'm thinking no hat and some seriously fabulous shoes.
  • Options
    Everything Maggie and QF said. You look awesome, just bring the waist in, add some big sparkly earrings and bright colored shoes. There is absolutely nothing wrong with your arms. 

• Options
    I love that dress. Agree with PP's a cardi for comfort, bitching earrings and fun shoes. And alterations.

Anniversary
  • Options

This.  You need to have that dress taken in, especially around the waist because you need to show that tiny waist off!  I would also suggest shortening the dress to just at your knee, it will help to elongate your figure and lengthen your legs.  Get some fab jewelry and killer shoes and rock the hell out of it!
    I agree with this. 

If you really want something you can do a colored sash. 

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    Thanks ladies, all of you! I think I'm just starting to panic a bit, since it's 4 weeks from today. It hasn't felt quite real I guess. My mom is a pretty good seamstress and I showed the dress to her when she came over earlier. She said she can take the waist in so that will help. The lady doing my daughter's dress was rude as hell to me because of my size so I'm not gong to ask her. (Yep that helped with my self image issues lol)

Add for shoes, it's sneakers in the balloon. My daughter and I are having custom artwork sneakers done so that should be interesting. I'm going to pick up nice shoes for the dinner afterwards.

Ok I think I need to take a deep breath lol. Thanks again :)
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    You absolutely need a big fancy statement necklace! It will look perfect with the neckline and add that little bit of sparkle and glamour! The dress is gorgeous and you look great in it. I think just the necklace will pull it all together! :) 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards