Attire & Accessories Forum

Undergarments Help! :/

tashany99tashany99 member
First Comment First Anniversary
Unfortunately, as I get older, I have been having a hard time accepting that its much harder to lose weight. Lol My wedding dress is a modern cut and close fitted. Silhouette style. The problem I am having now is that everywhere on the dress is fine EXCEPT my tummy! It looks like I have a pooch. I have been dieting and working out like crazy, but nothing is working. I am now realizing that I need to get some type of waist slimming garment. Since I have never had to worry about this stuff before, I have no idea where to begin. Any and all suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Undergarments Help! :/

• Spanx. They help give you a tighter look without looking unnatural.  
    "There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness." -Friedrich Nietzsche, "On Reading and Writing"
  • I second the spanx recommendation.

• I love my Spanx! :D

• tcnobletcnoble member
    First Comment First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited July 2014
    Are spanx generally comfortable to wear all night/extended periods of time??
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I find my pair of Spanx very comfortable.  Now that they are older (I think I have had the same pair for like 7 years) the waist rolls down slightly but they are still in great shape and still comfortable.

I have the pair that hits right above the waist and the legs come down to about mid thigh.

• Spanx, or a waist cincher. I wore a cincher under my dress, cause like you, my tummy was the only thing I wasn't happy with.

Anniversary
  • I totally adore Spanx!  I have a few different types depending on the cut of the dress and how much control I want.  I have comfortably worn spanx for an entire day (like over 12 hours) when I did my bridal shower into bachleorette Party.  I was never uncomfortable and they gave me an amazing shape lift.

Since it sounds like its only your tummy, they sell ones that fit your bottom like a regular bikini cut and extend up to under the bust region.  This is what I would suggest.  Then you can pull them down like regular undies to use the facilities and go back to party time.  (Some of them also come with an opening, but I'm not personally a fan of that idea)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards