Not Engaged Yet

TGIF

Re: TGIF

• labrolabro member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    @minskat30 OMG I had never seen a puppy pic of Rajah before! He is such a doll baby!!!

• I overslept this morning and missed the dogs' grooming appointments! Arg!  Luckily they could resched me to 2pm.  Tonight my BFF & her BF are coming up to dogsit for me, and we're going out for FroYo ASAP!

Tomorrow I have to leave fairly early to go to a wedding in Wilmington, DE Saturday evening.  It's SO's friend from back home, and I have not met one person that will be there (other than SO), but it's at an estate/museum so it should be interesting. 

Sunday we'll drive home and I may stop in lower Manhattan for some site visits that I will otherwise have to do next weekend because work is so crazy right now.  BFF wants me to visit her in the city next weekend (while doing the work), but I have to fly out to Chicago on that Sunday, so I don't think that's very practical...

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

• minskat30 said:

@loves2shop4shoes - He's our baby.  His name is Rajah and he is a Great Pyrenees. I had him before I met H but, ironically, gave him an Indian name which means "The King/Prince".  He acts like the King every day too.

Sorry we talk about him a lot.  H and I joke that 70% of our conversations revolve around our pup and getting an appropriately sized yard was a huge part of our house hunt...pictures (last one is a baby one...he still sleeps like that too). LINK1 LINK2 LINK3

OMG.  He is precious.  I want so snuggle him so bad.  He is so fluffy!
  • @minskat30 -LOOK AT THAT BABY! I love puppy pictures! He is such a fluff ball!
  • @minskat30 He is so handsome! 
    friends tv show funy
  • joy14bwjoy14bw member
    5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited July 2014
    @cocobellaf - GOOD LUCK!
    @LaPeanut1018 - Happy Birthday Weekend!
    @swazzle - that is seriously a cool thoughtful gift! I wish you could capture your mom's face when she sees it and figures it out.

All my plans of up in the air right now after SO and I's argument last night. Wish we had time to talk this morning....going to be a long day.
  • @minskat30 - You're going to make me run out and get another Pyr!!!  If Loki would allow it, I totally would, my house/yard is too tiny for a 3rd giant though.  I love Rajah and I have never met him (I thought you named him after Jasmine's tiger from Disney's Aladdin).  I love this article, and it's pretty true: http://www.lgd.org/library/evrythng.htm

Anniversary
  • @EisleyJoGo - Good for you for quitting! I quit almost 6 years ago after smoking for 7 years. It was definitely the hardest thing I've ever done in my whole life. I also had to take a break from drinking. If you want any advice, I'd say try to switch up your schedule if you can. My smoke schedule went like this: wake up cig, walk to work cig, 10am cig, 1pm cig, walk home from work cig, and then whenever I wanted for the rest of the night. When I quit, it was SO hard at those times when I'd normally have one so I made sure to keep my mind occupied around then. STAY STRONG! YOU CAN DO THIS!

• @kelani23 I hate when I oversleep and miss something.  It ruins my entire day. I overslept Wednesday morning by an hour and 15 minutes and was late for work -_-  I woke up at the time I should have been clocking in. At least they were still able to get you in!
    Anniversary

• @es14bw - I'm going to videotape her. I have no idea how long it'll take her to figure it out hahaha

• Being a jerk and posting and running...I'll come back and read everything later, I promise!

I actually have nothing planned this weekend, which is great! Tonight FI and I are just going to hang out, maybe go see a movie if we feel like it.

Tomorrow is supposed to be really stormy, so FI probably won't be going golfing...which means we actually get a morning to sleep in together! I am so excited! I just want it to rain and thunder so he has to stay in bed with me lol. Assuming that works out we'll be lazy and have a nice breakfast together, and then he wants to go shopping for a new shirt to wear for our engagement pictures on Tuesday. I'm not sure what I'm going to wear...I might just wear something that I have but buy new shoes and jewelry or something.

Sunday is church, and possibly going to see my parents. My mom and I need to have a serious talk; she has some anxiety problems and is REALLY stressing about the wedding and the budget and all kinds of stuff, and it's really wearing me down. I get that she can't control it, but she and I need to have a come to Jesus talk/talk her down because this is a bit insane; I know what's happening with the budget, all the planning is going fine so far, and there really is nothing that she needs to panic about. If I don't go to see her I will probably do some vendor research, because I need to get on that!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• @hummingbird125 The DJ we used was co-owner of a company like that. We LOVED him when we met him for our interview so we picked the package that we got to CHOOSE our DJ for a few hundred dollars more and booked him, lol. Otherwise they would have assigned our DJ like 2 months before and we would do the planning meetings and stuff with him (I assume that's how most of these companies work). The good thing about a company is that if your DJ is like violently ill the day of the wedding, it's easy to get a backup DJ. <--Obviously, you don't want your DJ violently ill, but hey it's a question to consider! :)

I obviously work again all weekend, but I'm off today!!! H gets off at 2:30 PM, so we will get some time together yay! Until then I went to the bank to transfer ALL the monies (approximately) into our checking account so that we can pay our downpayment in 2 weeks, went grocery shopping, and now I'm watching The Book Thief (rented from Redbox) before he gets home. Tonight I'm making some mahi and we're going to watch an action movie (300:rise of an empire or non-stop) while indulging on some sorbet that was BOGO at Publix :)
    I guess, to tell you the truth, I've never had much of a desire to grow facial hair. I think I've managed to play quarterback just fine without a mustache. - Peyton
  • phiraphira member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    @cocobellaf GOOD LUCK!!

I feel terrible today. The Friday-infusion plan seems to have not worked very well. I know that my infusion fatigue often lasts a week, but it's been so on and off. Sunday, Monday, and Wednesday, I felt FINE. What is this crap?

I have to go into work for a bit today to deal with my cells and help my undergrad. I'm hoping that my engagement ring is ready for pick-up; I had to leave it with the jeweler on Tuesday so he could design my wedding band to fit alongside it. I was supposed to have it back the next day, and then I was supposed to have it back yesterday ... they know I want it back by today, so I'm stressed.

Then I'm running back home to get ready for my cousin's rehearsal dinner, and I have NO idea what to wear. I'm really looking forward to dinner, at least!

Tomorrow, J and I are heading to our hotel as soon as possible so we have time to relax and get ready there, and then go to the wedding. I'm anxious because our hotel is a half-mile walk to the venue; I'm dead set on wearing heels, but I forgot to order those little flexible (aka scrunch up and put in your purse) flats, so I can't carry wearable shoes with me. My sister is known for bringing flip flops with her to weddings, though, so when I see her tonight, I'll find out if maybe I can give her some sandals to bring with her.

Sunday is post-wedding brunch, and when we get home, we're probably just going to nap and watch TV. I'm watching LOST for the first time.
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • @Blue did you like The Book Thief? I watched it a few months ago and really liked it.

Anniversary

• luckya23luckya23 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited July 2014
    @phira, I think you can find those in the drug store sometimes. Like this: http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/130937717858?lpid=82

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

• @Peaseblossom55 I'm still watching the movie, but I loved the book, so I have pretty high hopes.  It seems like the movie is done pretty well :)

@phira is it possible you're..actually sick?  Like beyond just your infusion fatigue?  I assume you've had recent bloodwork done, but it might be worth getting some more done if you don't get back to normal by next week or so.  I hope you're feeling better soooon!!!
    I guess, to tell you the truth, I've never had much of a desire to grow facial hair. I think I've managed to play quarterback just fine without a mustache. - Peyton
  • @Blue I thought it was done well, let me know what you think when it's done.  I liked the book too.

Anniversary

• phiraphira member
    @Kelani23 I checked two CVS stores and two Walgreens stores yesterday :( That's actually where I first saw those flats, so I was very disappointed.

@Blue I had blood work done a few months back, totally normal, and this feels like it always feels like (just not ... the normal days, if that makes sense). But yeah, I've been fighting off a cold for the past few days. But if this doesn't resolve by next week, I'll give my doctor a call. These infusions have been life saving, but I wish there weren't any side effects!!
    Anniversary
  • My childhood cat (mom's furbaby) went to the vet this morning for a bump on the very top of his head. The vet said it was a cyst and was able to drain it easily. No fever, no complications expected - he came through it like a champ!! Mom said the vet kept talking about how good he looks for 17. He's a little skinny, so they're going to try him on kitten food. Aside from this cyst, he hasn't had any health problems since he had pancreatitis at 12, so woo healthy cat!
  • My childhood cat (mom's furbaby) went to the vet this morning for a bump on the very top of his head. The vet said it was a cyst and was able to drain it easily. No fever, no complications expected - he came through it like a champ!! Mom said the vet kept talking about how good he looks for 17. He's a little skinny, so they're going to try him on kitten food. Aside from this cyst, he hasn't had any health problems since he had pancreatitis at 12, so woo healthy cat!
    That's such good news! Wow 17! He's an old man :)

• Swazzle said:
    My childhood cat (mom's furbaby) went to the vet this morning for a bump on the very top of his head. The vet said it was a cyst and was able to drain it easily. No fever, no complications expected - he came through it like a champ!! Mom said the vet kept talking about how good he looks for 17. He's a little skinny, so they're going to try him on kitten food. Aside from this cyst, he hasn't had any health problems since he had pancreatitis at 12, so woo healthy cat!
    That's such good news! Wow 17! He's an old man :)
    He is! I was worried about this being bad news because of his age, so I'm really excited that he's ok.
  • beanbot2002beanbot2002 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited July 2014
    I'm so excited for this weekend! I just had the best lunch ever! My friends from the green parenting/La Leche group came and had lunch with me on the plaza. It was great to hang, have a quick bite, snuggle and nurse No-Uh, and have a few laughs. Tonight I'm swinging by one of those mama's house to pick up a few things for breast feeding awareness week and our Big Latch On event. Then we have to get birthday cards for Elijah's friends (brothers) who have their birthday party tomorrow. Tomorrow morning I'm going to my very first KangaTraining class (baby wearing exercise) and then to hang out with my BFF. Then I'll probably just veg. Sunday is church and then cleaning, grocery shopping and cooking! This is going to be an awesome weekend! ETA: DAMN YOU TK I HAD PARAGRAPHS!
    "Stuart was scared, but he loved Margalo, Mommy. And there is nothing bigger than love." -The Bean
     "His farts smell like Satan's asshole mixed with a skunk's vagina. But it's okay, because I love him." -CSousa

• @KeptInStitches wow I've never heard of a cat being that old!! Glad he is ok

My neighbor just text me that she got 10K over asking price on her house that went on the market WED!!! OMG!! I'm so happy for her and me because she is now my comp!

Guess I'll be fixing up the house to put it on the market. Time to cash in on this investment!
  • I work this weekend, which is especially depressing because our unit seems to have turned into the hospice unit in the last couple of days.   :(

But... tonight we're gonna check out some live music at a local vineyard with my sister and her hubby and Monday is my birthday!!
    @LAPeanut1018: Birthday buddies!!!  Leos 4EVA!!
    @swazzle : LOVE CAH.  When we played it at BFs bday, we made it a drinking game with jello shots.  It's a good thing we were all staying at a cabin I rented, cause everyone was TRASHED!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @lovemyrunner, happy early birthday!
  • phiraphira member
    DEAD from eating too much at the rehearsal dinner, omg.
    Anniversary
  • I finally got access to a bag of frozen vegetables. Thanks for the suggestion @loves2shop4shoes - so much relief.
  • I guess the job interview went well! I had a HORRIBLE morning at work. one of my systems totally crashed. I got it back up and had a couple coworkers cover for me while I disappeared. the interview lasted a little over an hour... and the guy (B) did 75% of the talking about how awesome the company is. a guy at work (K) is the one that hooked me up with this. it was his boss B that interviewed me. K said that within 30 minutesB called him and said they were going to extend me an offer next week! B also toldK that he was giving me the hard sell (all the great parts of the company) because he really wanted me to come on. they are going with the higher pay band so there won't be any need for negotiating... A 63% raise!!! can't wait until it's official next week and I can tell my boss, SEEYUH!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards