Honeymoon Discussions

Cozumel??

Has anyone been to Cozumel? What can I expect? My FI and I have never been anywhere and we aren't sure what to expect. We booked off of cheap carribbean.com and we are nervous to see what our resort is like!

Re: Cozumel??

• I can't offer any experience but FI and I are planning a day trip to Cozumel while on our honeymoon.. I would recommend checking out TripAdvisor.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I recommend Mr. Sancho's beach resort for the day. Nice relaxing time - you can buy an all you can drink/ eat package. I have gone there 2 or 3 times and always enjoy it.
  • You can check reviews on Trip Advisor.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • We went to Cozumel a few years ago and absolutely loved it.  We had a lot of fun.  We rented a jeep and drove around the island, which I would recommend.  We also went snorkelling and some kind of off-roading buggy thing.  I can't remember where we stayed unfortunately but it wasn't in the town.  All and all, we really liked it and would go back.
  • I have a timeshare in Cozumel, head down there at least once a year, and got married down there (at Mr. Sanchos) in May. So, I have lots of experience with what we consider our island. I can send you a list of some of our favorite local spots if you are interested. Not sure how long you will be there. 
    "There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness." -Friedrich Nietzsche, "On Reading and Writing"
  • @msuprincess04‌ I would love to hear some suggestions! Like I said we will only be doing a day trip, but I know we want to do a snorkeling excursion for sure. Any other suggestions would be great!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We are big scuba divers (Aldora dive shop is awesome), but the snorkeling is just as awesome because the water is so clear! The three big things I always suggest are

1. Punta Morena on the east side of the island - this is the stuff postcards are made of. The most beautiful blue water and white sand beaches you'll ever see. 

2. Pirate dinner cruise - the food is amazing and the show is a blast. There are games (which can be kinda dirty if there are no kids on the boat) and the booze is light, but flows all night. It's a lot of fun at sunset on the west side of the island. 

3. Mr. Sanchos - again, the food is really good, though a little expensive unless you opt for the all you can eat/drink side of the place (which is worth it if you are going to spend any time there). There's massages, fish pedicures, and paddle boards which cost a little extra but are a lot of fun. Plus, there's water playscapes, plenty of pools, and just a good vibe. 

Other suggestions: 
    Lobster House - north of town, very romantic and fresh, caught that morning lobster, but be sure to put on plenty of bugspray before you go
    Chankanab National park - lots to do, including dolphin shows and historical tours
    Viva Mexico - one of the few places open after dark, live bands, good drinks, can't attest for the food, but it's a good time
    San Gervaso ruins - really it's a short hike and some rocks that used to be Mayan ruins, but you'll feel like you learned something 

Bring a good book if you'll be there for more than a few days. This place is all about relaxing, and it's definitely not the hustle and bustle of Cancun or Ocho Rios. If you want a day trip from there, the ferry ride over to the mainland and Playa Del Carmen is cheap and there are big parks such as Xcaret over there with lazy rivers through the caves and ziplining. 

@tcnoble and @knottie51227469 If you have any other questions, just let me know. :)
    "There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness." -Friedrich Nietzsche, "On Reading and Writing"
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards