Pre-wedding Parties

If I invite friends to my bridal shower, do I need to invite them to the bachelorette party?

I am having 9 bridesmaids so my bachelorette party will already be very large so I'd like to limit the number of additional people who come. Is it rude to ask friends to attend a bridal shower and not the bachelorette? is there a proper etiquette for this situation?

Re: If I invite friends to my bridal shower, do I need to invite them to the bachelorette party?

• Also, is it awkward if I only invite 1 additional friend to the bachelorette or bridal shower, knowing she is the only non-bridesmaid?
  • The bachelorette party does not need to include all friends who are at the shower, two distinctly different events for distinctly different reasons.  As for the one extra friend, is she OK that she is not a BM, will she be OK being the only non BM at the bachelorette, will any other friends be really hurt/insulted if they find out? To me, it's not so much about etiquette as it is trying not to hurt feelings. To even ask this question indicates that you are a considerate person, so I am sure you are looking out for all of your friends.
  • No, you do not need to invite all shower guests to the bachelorette party. Depends on the friend. Does she know the other girls?
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards