New Jersey
Options

Wedding Date Decision!

Dawn117Dawn117 member
First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
edited July 2014 in New Jersey
Our venue in Northern NJ is available on Saturday, 9/12/15 and Sunday, 10/11/15 (the day before Columbus Day). We can't decide which date to choose. We're worried mid-October will be on the cold side for an evening wedding with an outdoor ceremony, but the fall foliage would be lovely in pictures. We really want a Saturday wedding for convenience for our guests, but the Sunday before Columbus Day isn't a regular Sunday, and we would save a good amount of money. We need help deciding; please let me know your thoughts!

Re: Wedding Date Decision!

• Options
    HI Dawn, What venue are you looking to book for your wedding? I'm getting married October 2, 2015. I don't think either date would be a bad decision. I was considering Sept too. Are those the only 2 dates they have available?
  • Options
    JoanE2012JoanE2012 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited July 2014
    If it's an evening wedding, I would prefer Saturday over Sunday as a guest.  Many people have to go to work on Columbus Day (myself included), so the fact that it's Columbus Day the following day won't matter to many.  If you chose Sunday evening, I'd probably leave early.
  • Options
    Dawn117Dawn117 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited July 2014
    @danielle60314 Since we don't have it booked yet, I'd rather not say my venue, but it's in Northern NJ. I will let you know after we book it :) Those are the only dates available that are viable options for us. Thank you for the support!
  • Options
    If its a significant amount of difference in money… I would say consider Sunday… If people want to be at the wedding an celebrate with you. They will come regardless of work the next day… 

On the other hand…. you originally stated you really wanted a Saturday evening wedding.. go with the Saturday date.. September is a beautiful time of year… I think if it was me….  I would pick the Saturday in Sept. 
  • Options
    @danielle60314

Thanks!  We are leaning toward the Saturday in Sept.  We're just hoping that it won't be too hot, but if the ceremony starts at 5:30 or 6pm, it shouldn't be too bad outside for the ceremony and cocktail hour, even if it is a hot day.
  • Options
    I would prefer the Saturday in September as a guest. I'm not off on Columbus Day either.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    GiaspoGiaspo member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment Combo Breaker
    I'd choose the Saturday in Sept. We went to a Sunday night wedding once and left right after the cake was cut, as did a LOT of the guests. We were married that same weekend in Sept 9/9/11 and had our ceremony and cocktail hour outside, and the day was in the low 80s but at 6pm it was gorgeous. And it isn't cool enough to require renting heaters. Good luck!
  • Options
    I would go with the Saturday in September. Sunday night is difficult as a guest. I recently attending a Sunday wedding and we had to leave early because my husband and I both had work the next day.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I would go with the September date. I've been to several outdoor weddings in early/mid-September and the weather was fine, especially if you're starting later in the afternoon/early evening. Just make sure you have a rain plan since the weather can still be a bit unpredictable with precipitation.
    ~*~*~*~*~

• Options
    I love October and I am getting married in October I just love that month! I am having my wedding on a Sunday and I been to Sunday weddings where I had to go to work the next day and I didn't think it was that big of a deal because I had so much fun just don't have a cash bar!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards