Chit Chat

Wedding planning sucks already

2»

Re: Wedding planning sucks already

• yeah gibbet hill is really really nice but definitely out of my budget! LOL. Thanks.
  • there are no general seasons in New England LOL.
  • I agree with all PPs who said to look at a venue and then determine the date from there. When you are looking at a venue, consider the size of your guest list, budget, your guests comfort, and whether or not you and your FI love it. 

For the record, calling "dibs" on something only applies to small things like the last cookie, the last dress in the store that you and a friend were eying (and even then, you can give the friend the dress to try on if it looks like crap on you),or shot gun in the car. Its impossible to adhere to "dibs" on larger things such as a type of venue, a wedding dress silhouette, or even hair style. I mean, is your FSIL going to go on Pinterest and comment on her followers pins saying, "nope, you can't have that barn rustic chic wedding related item because I called dibs"? Probably not. 

Honestly it sounds like you would prefer to have a barn wedding, and the only thing preventing you from doing so is the "promise" you made to your FSIL. Due to the logic above, you don't have to keep this promise because the "dibs" extend too far. If you want to have a barn wedding, go for it! She isn't even engaged yet, and for all we know that could take some time. If she is so concerned about you having a barn wedding, she doesn't have to use the same barn. 

You're way nicer than I am, I would have already been looking into barn venues. Good luck!  
  • She is going for more of a rustic chic burlap type thing wheras I just want something romantic and woodsy so I honestly thought I had way more options but I am realizing now that there isn't a lot to choose from in my area and things are booking up fast!

• there are no general seasons in New England LOL.

So true! We have almost winter, winter, still winter, and road construction!

Anyways, some of the popular ones in Central MA are Spencer Country Inn, Zukas Hilltop Barn, Wachusett Mountain, Wachusett Country Club, Blissful Meadows golf club, Leicester Country Club, The Old Mill in Westminster. I honestly don't think any of these let you do your own catering though but if the price is right, hell with it.

My friend just got married at Allen Hill Tree Farm. It's a Christmas tree farm with a barn. She rented the barn for $1,200 and brought in all her own catering and supplies. It was very pretty but it was in Brooklyn, CT which may be a little too far. It's only 20 minutes from the MA border but if you're up near NH that could be a ways.

• She is going for more of a rustic chic burlap type thing wheras I just want something romantic and woodsy so I honestly thought I had way more options but I am realizing now that there isn't a lot to choose from in my area and things are booking up fast!

How original of her ;-)

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

• My friend was able to rent a house that has a big grassy yard for her wedding. She had the ceremony outside and had the reception under a tent. This was in the Berkshires, but there are quite a few people who rent out their house and huge yard all over NE.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards