September 2015 Weddings
Options

Your colors?

Dawn117Dawn117 member
First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
edited July 2014 in September 2015 Weddings
We love blue, so I know I want navy but can't decide which colors to put with it.  I'd love to know those of my fellow September brides :)

Re: Your colors?

• Options
    Black with touches of gold, burnt orange, and green. It sounds all over the place but actually looks elegant. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    MCM0W0MCM0W0 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    I'm doing tiffany blue with black and ivory.
  • Options
    We're doing a dark teal and a lavender.  It also sounds weird, but looks nice.
  • Options
    I can't make up my mind! Lol! My bridesmaids are wearing the Malibu color from David's Bridal, which is kind of a turquoise blue. I can't decide on an accent color though!
  • Options
    Chocolate and Ivory for sure.  Not sure about the other colors.  I keep changing my mind.  Teal, Deep Fuchsia, Tangerine, or Coral are the other colors that I am contemplating adding to my scheme.  Just don't know which one yet.  

Love is the ultimate superpower.   
    It can make you weak and strong simultaneously.  

• Options
    schreefelschreefel member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited July 2014
    I bounced around on colors and have changed them about a dozen times!  I originally wanted just different shades of neutral tones.  But my girls are all a little on the pale side (lol) and all the neutral tone dresses kind of washed them out.  So to give them some color, my colors are now Coral and Navy!  
  • Options
    I am thinking about throwing in some blue...I need yo see how it looks first.  I have reasons.  I have a gorgeous blue/white diamond necklace that I haven't taken off since Adam gave it to me and it means a lot to me and I'd love to wear it to the wedding.  My engagement ring is also blue/white diamonds...so I want to do the blue/white jewelry...but it doesn't work with the color scheme right now.
  • Options
    I've decided on shades of coral with hints of gray.
  • Options
    @rifenbra  That sounds really pretty!! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    My colors are black & white with emerald accents.
  • Options
    @jenbaer16 I'm really excited about the color scheme! I'm learning that it's somewhat of a challenge, because there are so many different interpretations of coral - some are really pink, some are really orange.
  • Options
    I'm doing mint, peach, and cream. I was really torn though and came very close to choosing navy and yellow because I absolutely love navy with sunflower accents. So pretty :)
  • Options
    @rifenbra It must be really difficult to source stuff without having it in your hand to see the colour. I do a lot of research online and I can see that being a challenge. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Royal blue and lime green for us (which is proving to be a pain in the butt, but I'm always up for a challenge. Bring on the DIY's!) 
     My FI's favorite color is green, and he requested that it be incorporated somehow, and our first date was to the Colts/Giants football game in 2010, hence the royal blue. 
  • Options
    Those colors sound great together!  We are DIY-ing a lot of things for our wedding.  :-)
  • Options
    Teal/Turquoise and Charcoal with splashes of fall!

Girls will be in the teal with a fall bouquet. Men will be in Charcoal suits with teal accents and a fall boutonniere. My bouquet will be fall with pops of teal. I didnt want to go full on fall colours but absolutely love the contrast between the yellows/oranges and the teal.
  • Options
    Pink (a fuschia) and orange. My favorite color is pink and my FI loves orange and they just happen to look great together :) We are getting married in Mexico so they are great tropical colors I think. We are almost a year out ladies! Happy planning! :)
  • Options
    My colors are Dark burgundy/wine, champagne, and silver.

My girls dresses and the guys vests will be the burgundy color
    My dress is Ivory so my groom will have the ivory/champagne vest
    and my 2 brothers (who are walking me down the aisle) will be in silver
  • Options
    THese all sounds awesome! We are going with Dark Teal, Charcoal, and Yellow! :)
  • Options
    We are going with orange (FI request), a deep red, and chocolate brown.
  • Options
    Our colors are navy and mint. With touches of cream and "burlap"
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I am doing sapphire blue and pale peach with the groomsmen in charcoal grey. I wanted colors that reminded me of sunset off the Atlantic. 
  • Options
    We decided on a teal, a lavender and dark blue
  • Options
    We are doing medium/dark purple and a light green. My favorite color has always been purple, so I have always had it in my head and I let my FI pick the second color.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We're going with more of a typical fall/rustic color scheme- Black, white and red, with burlap accents.

• Options
    I was going to do Tiffany blue/ Ivory but I decided to work shades of teal in there as well since I can't seem to find anything in Tiffany Blue. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

Orginally we were doing a deep eggplant purple with grey and touches of burnt orange. Now I love all things purple and orange!

• Options

Cobalt Blue & Coral for us!

• Options
    Really dark purple (plum, i guess) light peach, and gold!  There will be some ivory in there too.  Everyone has such great color combos!!  Is everyone just as excited as I am?  I literally cannot wait. 
  • Options
    Really dark purple (plum, i guess) light peach, and gold!  There will be some ivory in there too.  Everyone has such great color combos!!  Is everyone just as excited as I am?  I literally cannot wait. 
    Your colors sound romantic.   I am excited and I can't wait either.  Hurry up 2015 and then bring on September.  LOL!

Love is the ultimate superpower.   
    It can make you weak and strong simultaneously.  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards