Wedding Etiquette Forum

ok to say 'no thanks'?

Was out last night with friends. one of girls and I used to be very close. FI works with her and due to FI and her having issues at work, we have drifted apart. It's been a year since I've seen her.

Last night she sat down beside me and started asking what I was planning for my bachelorette party. I just tried to beandip and said that my MOH has that sorted. She kept saying she would host a cocktail night for me.

If she brings it up again, (I'm 99% she will), how do I politely decline? She thinks we are close friends again since FI has made up with her and I think declining her offer would really hurt her.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: ok to say 'no thanks'?

• Yeah, I would deflect her with a "sorry one is already being planned."  And then invite her for a party that isn't dedicated to a single person.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Is she invited to the wedding? Because it almost sounds like she's fishing for an invite.

• It's fine to say no thanks. She shouldn't be hurt and if she is, that's being overly sensitive.
  • It's fine to say no thanks. She shouldn't be hurt and if she is, that's being overly sensitive.
    Agreed. You can't force someone to let you host a party for them. They're allowed to say no. Just blame it on too many other obligations/being too busy. Say you appreciate it all the same, but it's not necessary.
  • "i really appreciate the offer, but honestly I have so much going on, I cant even commit to doing another party. Let's try to get together and go out for cocktails after the wedding when things arent so crazy, is that cool?" ETA an important clause ("after the wedding")

Great way to bean dip the situation while being polite!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards