Wedding Reception Forum

Coverings for Padded Metal Folding Chairs

I've never liked chair coverings but I also don't really want my reception with padded metal folding chairs. (The seats are also red which clashes mightily with my blue, green, and cream wedding theme) So what should I do and which chair covers should I buy? (or is renting better) Or should I just skip all that and rent chairs that I do like for 150 people? 

Re: Coverings for Padded Metal Folding Chairs

• Skip the coverings and rent chairs.
    The covers are uncomfortable, rarely fit well, and kind of call attention to the fact that there's something ugly being hidden. The spandex ones (aka chair condoms) are just creepy looking, like the chair's wearing control undies. 
    For about the price of chair covers and sashes, rent a simple, inoffensive chair. Check with your caterer or venue to see if they get a discount with a rental company.
  • As long as everyone has a seat, what that seat looks like is immaterial. And no one's going to notice the color when they're sitting on them. I say save your money.
  • Chivari chairs come in many colors, you can customize with the cushion.  I used the dark brown ones with white cushions and they looked nice.  When I priced them with various places, they were between $5 and $15 each, depending on how many were being rented and from what company.
  • Skip the coverings and rent chairs.
    The covers are uncomfortable, rarely fit well, and kind of call attention to the fact that there's something ugly being hidden. The spandex ones (aka chair condoms) are just creepy looking, like the chair's wearing control undies. 
    For about the price of chair covers and sashes, rent a simple, inoffensive chair. Check with your caterer or venue to see if they get a discount with a rental company.
    OMG...You make me laugh...but so true!
  • I wouldn't mind that they are red if it wasn't for the fact that they are clearly old metal folding chairs. If they were wood or painted, meh, but they look like the folding chairs you'd have at any gymnasium or hall and I don't really want those. They aren't even nice folding chairs (which I have seen) very dinged up and drawn on. I will have to compare prices but it looks like chairs are what I'm leaning toward
  • Well, a lot of people say chairs don't matter or nobody will notice the chairs. 
    They matter to me. Not other people's chairs, I don't judge that, but my own, yep. It would bug the hell out of me to look at a bunch of ugly non matching chairs.
    In the Seattle area, chairs range from 1.50 each for plain black or white metal and plastic folding, 2.50 for the wood folding with padded seat, up to 8-10 for the Chiavari. (Want, but can't justify the price.)
    To me, well worth it not to look at ugly.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards