Not Engaged Yet

Case of the Mondays

I'm in a terrible mood this Monday morning. I had an awesome weekend, and I'm not ready for it to be over. Saturday we spent the day at FI's friend's housewarming party, which was sooo much. They bought a total fixer-upper and spent a year renovating it and its just gorgeous now.

Also, my boss has been on vacation for the past two weeks and he's back today. One of my CW told me that he's sure to be driving everyone crazy today while he tries to catch up on what he's missed, so that should be interesting. 

How is everyone else's Monday going?
Wedding Countdown Ticker
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Case of the Mondays

• I was super tired this morning and I think I hit my snooze button more times than I can remember. My boss has been on vacation too so I know she will be in an anxious mood trying to catch up today.

I finally got some sun on my skin this weekend at the lake for @LaPeanut1018 's bday celebration. Maddux had so much fun running around and chasing Cinders. He would get in the water but I think he is still a bit hesitant about swimming around. He would swim but it was a struggle and he wouldn't go in far. Hopefully next time he will be more comfortable.
  • I started off bad this morning too!!  I had problems sleeping last night (storms and the dogs).  This morning I left for work a few minutes early so I could stop off at Walmart and the gas station.  So I went to Walmart and the slowest cashier ever was working (I just needed guinea pig food/hay).  After that I went to Sam's Club for gas next door, swiped my card and it only would let me get $20 at the discounted rate - what's up with that?! Then I realized that I left my phones at home in my dog's reach where he might destroy them with his separation issues, so I ran home and got to work about 45 minutes late.  It could have been worse and it's done and over with now.

It was rainy all weekend so no bike riding.  Saturday we ran some errands, helped FI's bro book his Disney trip.  Sunday - seriously just sat on the couch all day and didn't do anything (well 2 loads of laundry).

Anniversary
  • Booo, Monday :(

My weekend was fine, FI and I had a lazy morning on Saturday and then ran some errands and went out to see my parents. Had to have a chat with my mom about her anxiety and how she's coping with that (badly right now) and just talk through some wedding stuff to calm her down. My parents took us out for dinner too, which was nice. Yesterday was church and then shopping to buy a dress for our engagement photos tomorrow (yay!)

There were crazy thunderstorms last night, and it's still raining this morning so it's a bit of a dreary start to the week. My department assistant is away this week too, so I'm going to be busier than normal at work. On the plus side, engagement photos tomorrow, office closing early on Friday, and holiday next Monday :)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• I'm feeeling regret for not sending thank you notes after my interview two weeks ago, but really, I don't want the position so is it a must?  I planned to send them and then wasn't in the office much (this was an internal interview).  I feel like it was probably the right thing to do regardless, but at the same time, feel like if I would send it it would give the message I'm still very interested and I'm not.  The regret really sank in this morning when I saw the man I interviewed with at the elevators!  Ugh!  Now I feel like it's too late anyway.  I realize it would have been nice so they would keep me in mind for future positions, but they already know what I'm capable of...truly, they do, they told me in the interview.

Ok, sorry for rambling.  It's a stormy blah Monday morning.  Doesn't help much.

• @Buddysmom80 - CAKE??????? I'm jealous.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Ugh, I just put in contacts for my lens fitting later this morning and I have to say, I don't know if contacts are worth all this trouble!  This is my third appt to try to get these right!  It's only been about 10 min, but they're still uncomfortable at this point.

This weekend we spent >24 hrs in Delaware, and well over 8 in the car, for SO's friend's wedding.  It was ok, not quite what I expected, but I didn't know anyone there.  SO didn't know if he would know anyone besides the groom either, but we ended up at a table with 8 of his friends/their SOs.  I liked them for the most part, and SO decided (and told them) that they would be invited to our wedding... He had been saying all along he didn't want to bother with his friends, though, so it is nice that he was feeling reconnected.

This week I'm continuing my crazy travel schedule, so I'm off to Saratoga after my eye appointment today.

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

• Happy birthday @lapeanut1018!!

Just chilling at work today like the other days of my weekend lol. I'm off at 3 pm until 4 pm Wednesday :)

I get my stitches out (HOPEFULLY) tomorrow and maybe will have some idea of a plan going forward with this oh so awesome/stupid disease lol. I'm over it obviously (too bad there's no cure?)

Oh and our shop was hit with a scammer with a magical coupon code last night awesome. I was here and got scammed but management still loves me so it's okay but man it stinks too. Scammers be scamming. Actually, I think it was like a viral blog scam thing because TONS of people came in for the same reason.
    I guess, to tell you the truth, I've never had much of a desire to grow facial hair. I think I've managed to play quarterback just fine without a mustache. - Peyton
  • Monday...why??? I had a little too much fun over the weekend and I'm dreadfully sick today as a result.  Must...wake...up. 

H and I did a lot of shopping for house stuff this weekend and I can't believe we are closing on our home on Wednesday!!!  Still so much to do (set up utilities, house insurance, call plumbers, gets permits, etc.).  I really need to hop, hop, hop but I'm more or less plod, plod, plodding.

• @Buddysmom80 oh cake tasting coming up yay

I'm actually glad it's Monday.  My weekend was pretty boring and pretty sucky. I finally watched Frozen for the first time Friday night, while H was at a hockey game.  It was a cute movie, so H comes and has majorly hurt his knee.  He went to the doctor, he wants him to go see an orthopedic his knee is pretty bad. I'm hoping no surgery is needed.

So I was in a bad mood most of the weekend this is the second pretty big injury for him in less than year because of hockey.  We couldn't do anything together, I ran a few errands alone and that was it.  Now with some major kitchen renovations coming up, I wonder if we will have to delay them. I feel bitchy about it but I want to say may be you need to think about a new hobby that doesn't leave you injured so much.  Last time he was hurt it was two months he wasn't able to do anything it got to be a real strain on me because I got stuck doing everything around the house.....

So Saturday I ran an errand or two, picked up a book that isn't in Kindle format to read.  We also watched a movie, The Butler.  Sunday I went grocery shopping and did some more reading.  I'm reading Taking Charge of Your Fertility and it's really interesting.

Anniversary

• I had a really great weekend and this morning just ruined all of it. 

I've been having an issue with my... boob. I called the doctor about it on Friday but they were already gone for the weekend so they just called me back and want me to come in ASAP and now I'm really freaked out. I also don't think I can get down there at all this week (it's an hour away) and I leave Saturday for vacation. I really don't want to have to worry about this for the next 2ish weeks but it's looking like that's going to be the case :(

I got a new tattoo this weekend. I love it <3

• happy birthday to @LaPeanut1018!

I had a pretty good weekend.  Friday sucked (ugh, work).  I'm waiting anxiously to hear about the job this week.

this morning wasn't too bad, even though I had a restless night.  I'm sure I'll be feeling it later and will head to bed early. 

today should be a better day at work than Friday, except I am totally going to have one of my coworker's head delivered on a silver platter...  for the past year and a half he hasn't checked any source code to a system into the repository, so this huge upgrade I've been working on (with a hard deadline coming up) is on code that hasn't been updated since 02/2013.  all the current (production) source code is on his local computer.  OMG WHAT ARE YOU THINKING, MAN???  so I have to get that under control this week...  I see a lot of awful code merging in my future.

anyway, hoping I hear back today about the job, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was tomorrow...  I know they have to send it around and get it approved.  if I get the call, we're having cake this weekend to celebrate!  and not JUST cake, but cake from the bakery where I had my wedding cake done...  YUM.

today after work I have a beastly Insanity work out (60 minutes, ouch!).  I also need to vacuum the house after dinner... I should have done it yesterday, but I napped instead.  and H and I are supposed to watch another episode of a 4-part series on JFK (Netflix!)

tax-free weekend is coming up Friday through Sunday, so I want to go through and ruthlessly get rid of everything I don't wear anymore (this will be hard), so I can have an idea of what I want to buy over the weekend.  as long as the job works out, I will have quite a bit of spending money coming to me, so I plan to buy some stuff for my new job.  I have ~280 hours of annual leave that I'll get paid out for when I leave, so H and I plan to spend a little bit, save some, and put some down on the loans.  I'm still wearing stuff from high school and early college, and I have to admit it's starting to look worn.  especially my favorite Target cardigans... they don't last years and years like my nicer ones.  :(

WHEW.  long post.  I guess I have a lot to say this morning!
  • I have the Mondays too :(  I ate terribly this weekend including Sunday funday yesterday and I just feel gross.  DH's mom is in town and already driving him bonkers...poor guy.  I'm irritated still at the fact that our property management company subtracted the HVAC checkup and rekeying the house from our deposit!  I had to write a dispute letter complete with cut and pastes from the state tenant code and I'm still angry about it!

• @Swazzle pics of your new tattoo?? :)

I was in a good mood when I woke up this morning ;)

This is my last week at the prison! I'm sad/anxious/nervous/excited. I'm actually hoping this week goes by slow because FI leaves for Canada on Thursday evening for 4 days and I'm so sad about it :(
    Anniversary

• Happy Birthday @LaPeanut1018 !

This weekend was the suck!! For those who saw my post in the Friday thread, Tessie wasn't feeling well last week. Friday I had a half day and went home to snuggle her. She ended up getting really sick and throwing up a ton. I called the vet and they told me to get to the animal emergency hospital ASAP. I went into hysterics and called BF and scared the life out of him. 

I got her to the hospital where they shaved her whole belly and gave her an ultrasound. She had thrown up everything that was in her stomach, but still had some left in her colon and was dehydrated. They gave her fluids under her skin and said I could take her home and had to watch to make sure she passed the rest of the towel. She was on a bland diet all weekend too. 

So she was very mellow all weekend. I got lots of snuggles but I felt so bad that she was sick. Yesterday she seemed to get her energy back and I think she did pass most of the towel. Hopefully she will be fully recovered soon! I don't like having a sick pup! 
    friends tv show funy
  • edited July 2014
    And to continue on why I'm not happy this Monday....

On Sunday I'm leaving on my first-ever business trip. On one hand I'm looking forward to it, because I love traveling and hotels and I've never been to Chicago before. But on the other hand... I'm losing 25% of my weekend, I'll miss FI, and although I look forward to flying, once I'm actually on the runway I always feel like I'm about to die and I've fainted on airplanes twice. I usually fly with FI or with friends or family, so I'm not looking forward to just being on the plane with coworkers in case I pass out.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • And to continue on why I'm not happy this Monday....

On Sunday I'm leaving on my first-ever business trip. On one hand I'm looking forward to it, because I love traveling and hotels and I've never been to Chicago before. But on the other hand... I'm losing 25% of my weekend, I'll miss FI, and although I look forward to flying, once I'm actually on the runway I always feel like I'm about to die and I've fainted on airplanes twice. I usually fly with FI or with friends or family, so I'm not looking forward to just being on the plan with coworkers in case I pass out.

No way, I'm going to Chicago on Sunday too!! So weird!

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

• BreMRBreMR member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    @Pepperally‌ I struggled with the thank you bites as well, I think you made the right decision! I only sent thank you cards to the jobs I really wanted!! It didn't work anyway, but I felt like I did everything I could to get the job at least!
    @swazzle I second the request for pics!

My weekend was so great! Friday night I lounged around with my fi and we watched scary ghost shows, Saturday my mom and I took my daughter to the zoo and that night my mom and I went to the local amusement park! Yay rollercoasters! Yesterday I got cleaning, grocery shopping, and delicious BBQ ribs accomplished!
  • @swazzle i love it!! Makes me want a new tattoo right now!
    Anniversary

• @BreMR - well, since I posted this I talked to my manager and she thought it would send a good message if I did send them, especially because they are the big wigs of our company who I interviewed with.  If I didn't want the job (which I don't) and I didn't already work here, I may blow it off.  But since I see these people and don't want to ruin future opportunities I've decided to do them, she assured me it wasn't too late, AND she had a whole bunch of thank you cards in her desk so she let me use them.  I just finished them and now I'm a lot less anxious/guilt ridden.  lol.
  • @swazzle, yay tattoo! love it!

@buddysmom80, yum cake. Have fun and eat lots of cake for us.

Happy Birthday @LaPeanut1018!!!!!

As I posted in my board, we got our venue over the weekend, talked budget with his parents and I just want tomorrow's afternoon meeting to be over. I'm so distracted knowing that it's coming up.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Happy Birthday, @LaPeanut1018

@Swazzle I hope you're able to get your boob checked out before you leave. And I also really hope it's nothing major. :-\ 

@Hummingbird125 Business travel always makes me sad too. It's great to be able to see some cities you wouldn't otherwise travel to, but traveling alone, working during the weekend, being away from loved ones, flying alone, etc make it not so awesome. Just try to relax and enjoy Chicago. It's such a great city, and I'm sure @loves2shop4shoes could give you some recommendations for things to do during your free time. :) 

@caseface5 Aw, I'm sorry your pup was so sick this weekend. That sounds really scary! I'm glad she's on the mend now!

@minskat30 Congrats on the upcoming closing! That's so exciting!

We moved all weekend, and I'm working from home today. I'm so tired! I also need to go to the DMV and get a new license. I somehow lost my license over the last year and started using an expired one without even realizing it... and I can't update my address online since I'm using an expired license. Lame. I'm hoping that if I go around 10:00am when everyone's at work, I'll be able to get in and out fairly quickly. 

FI and I have determined that curtains are our mortal enemy. They have been such a pain in the ass all weekend... 

We were also quite social this weekend. Friday night we went out to celebrate a friend's acceptance into an MBA program at a local university. The food was meh, but it was BYOB, so we all had a ton of beer. After dinner we convinced everyone to come back to our place and help us unpack a bit. We plugged in a friend's phone to a portable speaker and turned on 90s pop, brought out the beer, and let everyone unpack for about an hour. It was amazing how much progress we made! So great. Then we played a quick game of CAH. Good times! Saturday we spent the day running errands, unpacked a bit, and then went out to celebrate my cousin's birthday. We went to this fancy southern restaurant with $25 buckets of fried chicken. It was pricey, but it was fun. Sunday we went to a family lunch for my cousin's birthday, and then FI and I ran more errands and unpacked more. I got day drunk off of one margarita at lunch, so I was a little useless... 

I'm sad the weekend is already over. I need more time!

• @buddysmom80, CAKE.

@lovemyrunner and @lapeanut1018, Happy birthday!!

I'm already planning Friday afternoon. Friday afternoon I am coming home from work, going to bed, and not getting up until Saturday. Late afternoon. It will be GLORIOUS.

FI and I cleaned at his old apartment all weekend. He lived there for 7.5 years and it was ... well, I think I threatened to leave him over the state of the apartment at least 10 separate times. I still don't know what we're going to do about the cat smell except maybe try to cover it up for checkout. We were there for 12+ hours both Saturday and Sunday, and tonight, Tuesday, and Wednesday one or both of us have to go over for more deodorizing and touch-up cleaning. Thursday morning he checks out - yay!! And then it's just waiting to see what kind of bill he gets, though I told him to argue really hard for everything is freaking old and worn out (which is true).
  • I guess I forgot to post about my weekend :\  Whoops

We had a pretty good weekend. On Friday we stayed in and rented some movies.  We were going to go out to a bar to watch our fave local band but we were so lazy and old we decided to just stay in. We did manage to roll off the couch to go get some froyo from Orange Leaf though :)

On Saturday I had my first dress fitting. I had the bust taken in, the hem raised, and a bustle added.  It ended up costing a lot more than I had  thought and I wasn't too thrilled, but it looked great when she had it all pinned up/in so I'm excited to get it back.  I go in the 16th for my second and hopefully last fitting.  FI and I had our date night also.  We went to a theater where they serve your food and beer at your seat. We saw Lucy and it was really, really good.

On Sunday, FI had to play bass at church so I went for third service. Afterwards, we went out for lunch and then came home and took a nap. I binged on the new episodes of Melissa and Joey on Netflix most of the evening.
    Anniversary

• I'm SO bummed the weekend is over, but I'm trying not to let it get me down. We took the girls to see How to Train Your Dragon 2 on Friday night, and then went to play glow in the dark mini golf. They had a blast and so did we. Saturday and Sunday were both fairly lazy days. And we loved every minute of it. We got in lots of snuggles since the girls were gone nearly 2 whole weeks.

But now it's Monday, the weekend is over, and the girls are back at their dad's. Ugh, I hate summer for that reason. I feel like I don't get to see them at all! :-( 

• @eilis1228 - Thank you! As it stands, they could see me today at 4 (I have no way to get there) or Wednesday at 4:30 (I could probably get there on time but I'm not sure if I can leave work early that day). So right now, I have a tentative appointment on Wednesday and if I have to call to cancel that which is highly likely, I can't be seen until the end of August :(

• @Swazzle I'm sending good vibes to your boob
    @lapeanut1018 happy birthday!
    Anniversary

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards