Attire & Accessories Forum

Need Help with Allure Bridal

To make a long story short, I'm pretty sure the bridal store where I purchased my Allure gown measured me wrong. I received the gown after 6 months and it was way too small. The gown is labeled a size 8, but we measured it and the measurements add up to a size 4! The bridal store is being very diffiult and I woud like to speak directly to Allure. I have looked all over for their customer service number with no luck,.Any help is appreciated!!  

Re: Need Help with Allure Bridal

• To make a long story short, I'm pretty sure the bridal store where I purchased my Allure gown measured me wrong. I received the gown after 6 months and it was way too small. The gown is labeled a size 8, but we measured it and the measurements add up to a size 4! The bridal store is being very diffiult and I woud like to speak directly to Allure. I have looked all over for their customer service number with no luck,.Any help is appreciated!!  
    Yeah, this is standard in bridal sizing, not just Allure. Bridal sizing is typically anywhere from 1-3 sizes bigger than your street size. I wore an Allure gown size 8 and am a street size 4. 

This is the salon's fault, not Allure's. The either measured you wrong or they did not do their job in comparing your measurements to Allure's sizing chart. I'd be showing up at the store, asking what went wrong, and if it was their fault, demanding the store re-order a correctly-sized gown for me. 
  • Couple questions - first, when you say you measured it and it's a 4, is that you measuring it or the salon? And compared to Allure's actual size chart or something else?

Second, did you take delivery of the dress already without trying it on?

I imagine they would give you quite a hard time trying to exchange a dress you've already taken home, since they can't guarantee you didn't just trade it out to try and scam them. You shouldn't leave the store with anything you aren't sure is right.

If you haven't taken it home yet, and they're measuring it themselves and comparing to Allure's chart and seeing the discrepancy themselves, they shouldn't have any trouble re-ordering it for you. Especially if you had to sign/initial anything at the time of the order showing "my measurements are x/y/z, the measurements of a size 8 are x/y/z, so I'm ordering an 8." (That's what mine had me do - if anything came in wrong we both had the paper trail to CYA.) But the salon will need to do that themselves; contacting Allure won't do you any good because you're not their customer, the salon is. That's why you can't find their number - they are purely business-to-business, not business-to-consumer.

• I'm sorry about your dress trouble. That's lame. But the PP is correct, you are not Allure's customer. You need to put pressure on the salon to make it right. It's their problem, and they're going to earn themselves a bad reputation if they refuse to fix this, which will cost them money. They should want to be able to make this right somehow.
  • the salon needs to make it right for you. they should have messured you looked up the size chart and said ok this is the size we are ordering you and we will alter it to fit you..

i got a mori lee gown i am a 22 in street clothes the sample i tried on was a 24 according the size chart i was a 28 in bridal but i was only 5 inches difference in my waist from the sample so we ordered the 26 which was still big on me waist fit perfect not to tight not to big  but the bust needed to be taken in 4 times.

the salon was the one who made the error so you should be demanding they fix it send it back and get you the correct size.
  • I have an Allure gown, size 18. I am street size 12-14, so it sounds about right 1-3 sizes down from your SS. Hopefully, the salon messed up so that you can get a new dress.
    Happiness is an inside job
  • You may never find Allure's contact info. I own a national blog and have access to just about any companies information, even very privately held companies and I could NOT find Allure's info. When I went to the Allure trunk show in my city I talked to the rep and she would only give me her email. I came home and typed the last part of the email into google to see who else I could find in corporate marketing and NOTHING came up. Phone numbers you find online circle back to places like the city tourist department or bureau of business. Talk to them and they have no idea what the phone number for Allure is. Allure is eerily cloaked. Seriously, eerie.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • The EXACT same thing happened to me. I ordered an Allure 8850 in a size UP from my size (I ordered a size 8, which their size chart said had a 28 inch waist - and I measured at a 26.5 waist) thinking I'd much rather need them to take it in than let it out. But when my dress came in and I tried it on it was WAY too small. They said that I must have gained 1.5 inches (... even though I lost 15lbs since buying it) BUT even if I did gain 1.5", that means that the size I ordered should still have fit me. So I'm thinking that the manufacturer didn't measure correctly, or they simply sent the wrong size. (Or the bridal shop could have measured or ordered incorrectly.)

In the end though, I had NEVER fallen in love with my dress, so when this happened I was just like "eff it" and I bought a new gown, lol.
  • I've been told my one salon owner that this isn't uncommon.  Whether it's a problem with the fact that the dresses are often made in Asia, and the workers don't recognize Hindu-Arabic numerals, I don't know.  She seemed to think that it was laziness on the part of the dress makers.  If they had a size 4 prepared, that was no longer going to be delivered (I know the companies say no cancellations, but apparently it does happen) they stick a size 6 or 8 label on it, figuring it's close enough.  

Please note that this is just one thing I heard from one woman, and not substantiated.  

I really hope you can get the salon to sort this out ASAP.  It would be uncommon to be able to take out two sizes, but it could be worth asking a seamstress if you're having issues with the salon.  
  • I hope you get all this figured out! ...but definitely the salon's fault. I would keep going there and bugging the crap out of them until they did something about it! I'm nervous about my dress now lol. I ordered an Allure size 10 and I'm street size 6. The dress was slightly tight but not much and I plan on losing a little weight.
  • hyechica81hyechica81 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment First Answer
    edited August 2014
    allure is located in Tennessee i only know this because i watch i found the gown on tlc vows bridal outlet biased out of watertown ma in almost every episode they show the owners on a buying trip going places to purchase gowns and they travel far to get some of them. a recent episode on this past season the lady said we are in tn at the allure headquarters to get some gowns.

google says they could be in mephis or bartlett tn the website is designed by a mephis based company but thats the only info

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards