Wisconsin

Wedding items for sale!

I had a great time planning my wedding and hope you're having fun too. 

For accessories, I have a small headpiece ivory flowers and a Lenox ivory ring bearer pillow. 

I also spent a bunch of time making pomanders in blue and ivory hydrangeas to decorate my aisle.  They were fantastic for my wedding and now you can save the money and hassle of another project.

Please make me an offer!  I don't want to just donate these or toss them out. 

Re: Wedding items for sale!

• I liked your items unfortunately, they are not the colors for my daughter's fall wedding, but can you give me directions on how to make the floral pomaanders for the church pews?
  • Agreed - love the pomaanders but not my colors - Directions/supplies needed please:)

• The pomanders were a project, but I had fun with them.

Start with 6" diameter foam balls.  I used green foam for the colored pomanders and white balls for the white flowers. 

I purchased hydrangea stems from Micheals.  Be careful not to buy the flowers with the stems that pop off, but the ones that are full bulbs.  I took wire cutters and cut the six larger pieces off, then snipped each of the smaller stems off that.  Basically, I broke down each stem into small pieces with about 3 or 4 blooms each.  It takes approximately 8 stems to make 1 pomander.

You'll notice some of the stems on your little pieces are studier than the others, start with those and make a ring around the ball, all the pieces in a line, spaced out so they hide the foam but not so close that they are crowding each other.  Once you have one ring, divide each half into quarters with another row of flowers.  Once you have the ball split into quarters, you can start to fill in with the smaller petal pieces. 

I found that sometimes the stem would stay in the foam without any help, but if it doesn't stick, we discovered that once you make the hole in the ball with the stem, a dab of hot glue usually does the trick to hold it all together. 

The ribbon is attached to a floral pick with hot glue and a wire wrapped around it, then stuck into the pomander with some hot glue to hold it in place.  The picture you see was taken just a few days ago, after my wedding in july and they are all still hanging. 

Best way to reduce the cost is watch for the 50% off sales Michael's has on their flowers. 
  • I would love to purchase the ring pillow. How much is it?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards