Not Engaged Yet
Options

yea

13»

Re: yea

• Options
    I read through all of this and the ladies here did give you advice in a nice way (as stated before). You got upset that your idea wasn't validated and then insulted them, and you expect nice responses in return? 

Also, this board is different from other internet forums in that we treat our conversations like those that we have in real life. So yes, expect to be insulted if you insult others, expect to be called "rude" for ignoring the advice/comments of others, and expect to be welcomed if you treat others the way that you want to be treated. Golden rule, dude. 

• Options

No time to knot the last few days, but this was my first thought when I saw the discussion this morning

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options

No time to knot the last few days, but this was my first thought when I saw the discussion this morning

I reacted the same way and sure enough...

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    eilis1228eilis1228 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited July 2014
    I think the issue is that he thought everyone would be like, "OMG! HOW ROMANTIC! You should get a string quartet to play Canon in D, and have them start playing the moment she lays eyes on you. And line the path with rose petals and candles and puppies!" Instead he got realistic responses from real women, not women who wish their lives were rom coms. OP, you don't need to be Ted Mosby here, and that's essentially what everyone has told you. I think your new ideas about letting her go through the gardens by herself are great, and I'm glad you took our advice. However, you also need to be open to constructive criticism. You posted on a public forum asking internet strangers for advice. We gave you advice, and you acted like a diva. If you don't like what you're hearing, simply say, "Thanks, I appreciate the advice. I don't think that applies to my GF and I, but I appreciate the different perspective." No need to whine, exit dramatically, and then reappear. You can't behave that way in your relationships in real life, so please don't do it online. That being said, all of us here really do hope that your proposal goes well, and we're sure your girlfriend will love it no matter what you do. But, just a tip here, having other people hold hands and make out as a reenactment of your relationship is seriously odd. I don't care if they're dating each other, it's just weird.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    eilis1228 said:
    I think the issue is that he thought everyone would be like, "OMG! HOW ROMANTIC! You should get a string quartet to play Canon in D, and have them start playing the moment she lays eyes on you. And line the path with rose petals and candles and puppies!" Instead he got realistic responses from real women, not women who wish their lives were rom coms. OP, you don't need to be Ted Mosby here, and that's essentially what everyone has told you. I think your new ideas about letting her go through the gardens by herself are great, and I'm glad you took our advice. However, you also need to be open to constructive criticism. You posted on a public forum asking internet strangers for advice. We gave you advice, and you acted like a diva. If you don't like what you're hearing, simply say, "Thanks, I appreciate the advice. I don't think that applies to my GF and I, but I appreciate the different perspective." No need to whine, exit dramatically, and then reappear. You can't behave that way in your relationships in real life, so please don't do it online. That being said, all of us here really do hope that your proposal goes well, and we're sure your girlfriend will love it no matter what you do. But, just a tip here, having other people hold hands and make out as a reenactment of your relationship is seriously odd. I don't care if they're dating each other, it's just weird.
     I wish I lived in a rom com...women in those movies eat all the food and never gain weight or is that not why we're wishing we were in a rom com?
    I think you're thinking of Gilmore Girls :-P I totally wish I was in Gilmore Girls. 

• Options
    justbeingme93justbeingme93 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited July 2014
    eilis1228 said: I think the issue is that he thought everyone would be like, "OMG! HOW ROMANTIC! You should get a string quartet to play Canon in D, and have them start playing the moment she lays eyes on you. And line the path with rose petals and candles and puppies!" Instead he got realistic responses from real women, not women who wish their lives were rom coms. OP, you don't need to be Ted Mosby here, and that's essentially what everyone has told you. I think your new ideas about letting her go through the gardens by herself are great, and I'm glad you took our advice. However, you also need to be open to constructive criticism. You posted on a public forum asking internet strangers for advice. We gave you advice, and you acted like a diva. If you don't like what you're hearing, simply say, "Thanks, I appreciate the advice. I don't think that applies to my GF and I, but I appreciate the different perspective." No need to whine, exit dramatically, and then reappear. You can't behave that way in your relationships in real life, so please don't do it online. That being said, all of us here really do hope that your proposal goes well, and we're sure your girlfriend will love it no matter what you do. But, just a tip here, having other people hold hands and make out as a reenactment of your relationship is seriously odd. I don't care if they're dating each other, it's just weird.

I laughed out loud...in my office. Damn it, @eilis1228. Then, this gif
     had to be posted. Also, plot twist...OP met GF yesterday. (Edit: Sorry, TK is being dumb with formatting.)image

• Options
    @justbeingme93 LMAO! That gif is perfect!

• Options
    eilis1228 said:
    eilis1228 said:
     I wish I lived in a rom com...women in those movies eat all the food and never gain weight or is that not why we're wishing we were in a rom com?
    I think you're thinking of Gilmore Girls :-P I totally wish I was in Gilmore Girls. 
    Oh yes...Gilmore Girls that's what I want to live in! God I loved that show!

27 Amazing Things We Might Get In A "Gilmore Girls" Movie

• Options
    lilacck28lilacck28 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited July 2014
    I'm glad the OP is dialing things back a bit, and I don't want to beat a dead horse, but I just can't hold this back: When I read the bit about the friends making out my first thought was "oh, a polygamous relationship?" and then "oh wait. OMG. HIDE. " As in, I put my hands over my eyes in an attempt to actually hide.
  • Options
    Fiance agrees with my assessment.
  • Options
    @bethsmiles One of my all-time favorites! Their alleged metabolism is insane lol.

• Options
    From reading through this:
    @ellis1228 - I too wish I lived in Gilmore Girls TV Land

@justbeingme93 - OMG puppies totally would have made my proposal better!!  Then again, I'd probably be too busy playing with the puppies to notice FI proposing. . .

Anniversary
  • Options
    eilis1228 said:
    Not to mention the magically replenishing wardrobe where you never have to wear the same outfit twice...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    I missed all the cray cray drama! Well, for what its worth, I hope that she'll say yes to whatever you have planned.

That being said, I personally dislike public, grand scheme proposals. If I were given a public proposal, I would feel forced to say "yes".

This board doesn't validate all ideas, nor do they blow smoke up people's asses. Unfortunately, as many posters before me have mentioned, when you post, you may not always get the answer you wanted to hear/read. I am sorry that you didn't like the answers we gave you, but you also have to accept different perspectives. 

Again, best of luck to you.  

• Options
    justbeingme93justbeingme93 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited July 2014

You know how there is the BAT SIGNAL for batman? I feel like there should be a penguin signal. @GoldenPenguin, HELP! Say something. I have no words. 

THIS IS THE MOST AMAZING THING I HAVE EVER SEEN IN MY ENTIRE LIFE. 
    Haha. Thank you. During the later part of this thread, I was waiting for you to swoop in with wise words and witty comebacks. You didn't end up posting, so one thing led to another in my crazy mind and bam! Penguin Signal. 
  • Options
    Unfortunately I blew my "wise word" load earlier in the thread, and Mr. Cheesy Prom Proposal didn't bother to listen, so I had no more witty comments. 

It was probably because he didn't like my proposal. He probably hates my stupid, ugly ring, too. 

*******************************************************************************************

• Options
    @GoldenPenguin,

Every proposal is perfect, and your ring is to die for. The first time I saw it I was like...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards