Minnesota

I can't find a venue I like with my budget

I am on a budget of 5,000 $ for everything my grandma said shed do the cooking and i have my dress passed down , and i can do my flowers and my friend can dj so I'm thinking i most of it covered the problem I'm running into is most of the venues make you go thew there catering and thats a big no... thats to expensive and I'm only having at the most 60 to 70 people coming i would think it would be cheeper but its not . I really want my wedding to be in the woods or in the orchard just something romantic and earthy , i will be having my wedding at the end of september early October to see the full brilliance of the change of summer to fall . Preferably i would like to pay 2,000 on both the ceremony and reception so i can pay for the food and other things . Dose anyone have any advice ?    

Re: I can't find a venue I like with my budget

• Where are you looking?  

Check out the Anoka Parks.  I looked at Bunker Hill Activity Center in Andover, MN and they let you do whatever you want basically.  Bring your own food and liquor.

They have a nice private parking lot, lots of tables and chairs, and ramps that take you out to nature.  Tons of photo ops outside!  I think to rent it all day would be like $1,500 to rent out all the rooms, which includes a kitchen!  The downer here was the event had to end at 11pm and you had to make sure everything was cleaned up and back how it was, before you leave.  If you have family that's willing to help you though, it could work.

Also, they have speakers set up for your own music if you'd like.  You have to get your own insurance and liquor approvals, etc.

I kinda wanted to have my wedding here but my fiance doesn't want anything DIY, and doesn't wanna worry about evening clean up.  So now we're searching for all inclusive.  But if you're a total DIY, looking for a potluck style wedding...I think this would be it.  Closest hotel is about 4 miles.
  • Because of liability and state food laws is why you're finding it hard to get a place you can bring DIY food into.  Also, ask yourself this - do you want your Grandma there to WORK at your wedding, or do you want your Grandma there enjoying the day?  Even if your Grandma is a caterer - that question should be one you invest time into answering.

Since this is the full Minnesota board - what part of the state are you looking for venues?  If you're looking in/near Brainard, rec's by the cities aren't what you need...  Same goes if you're down near Rochester...

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards