Wisconsin

Madison Wedding Vendor Review

Hello!  We got married on November 13 in Madison, WI and I wanted to add my reviews of my vendors, if its helpful at all.  Things have FINALLY calmed down enough that I have time to do this.  here we go:

1. Venue:  Madison Masonic Center.  Simply amazing.  We were able to get in to decorate starting thursday, the ceremony was on saturday.  Debbie was great, so helpful and such a great person.  We had the ceremony in the auditorium, the lighting and everything was just perfect.  The food was absolutely to die for...never heard one complaint.  We had a sit down dinner with three options, Ahi Tuna-cooked to a perfect med rare; prime rib; and chicken apple almond.  we also offered a kids meal.  The kids were so entertained by the venue itself, it was the best.  I cant rave enough about it.

2.  DJ:  We used Jukebox bandstand, for the ceremony and the reception, and they did great on both counts.  They kept everyone dancing at the reception and took requests, and everyone had a great time.  Two thumbs up.

3.  Photograper:  Jennifer Andersen at Angelic Angles.  Another rave review.  The weather was crappy, it rained and I really wanted outdoor pics.  jennifer knew that was important to me, and even brought umbrellas for the wedding party and used them in some photos. So cool.  We took more pics at the Capitol bldg, and then once the ceremony started her and her assistant totally faded into the background.  I am so excited to see the shots they got!  Hopefully soon...

4.  Rehearsal dinner:  We had at Forrestals in Middleton and had Vivianni's Catering cater it. Again, was great.  We had almost 50 people at the rehearsal, but had plenty of food and drink!  The back room with the fireplace was amazing and comfy enough for all of us to sit and enjoy.  The bartender was great, not pushy or rude.  The food was fantastic, we had a meat display,. fruit, a zesty dip to die for, wings, salad.  It was a good night

5.  Transportation:  Wayne Ace.  Again,. I cant say enough about this!  They were so nice, and so willing to work with us.  All of our guests were from out of town, so we offered a limo bus to the rehearsal, to the rehearsal dinner, and to the wedding itself.  We used a 31 passenger limo bus AND a 80 passenger school bus and it worked out PERFECTLY.  Inexpensive in comparison to others and just all around nice guys.

6.  Hotel:  Being that it was a home football game and parents weekend we decided to stay in Middleton.  What a great choice.  The Comfort Suites West was so accomodating!  Their staff was friendly-I even sent them a thank you basket of cookies-the bartender stayed open late on Friday night for us.  Great rooms; great place, and GREAT rates!  ($59 a night!)

7.  Flowers:  So here is the one disappointment in the whole weekend.  We used Victoria's Garden in Mt Horeb.  Now, keep in mind I am NOT creative and I know NOTHING about flowers.  Like, literally, nothing, except that I like calla lillies.  So I went in and met with her, Ellie, and said I want fall colors, I love calla lillies, and I gave her a swatch of the bridesmaid colors and told her what colors the men were wearing.  She told me that she could totally do it no problem.  She mentioned that rust would look great, and I was skeptical and told her so...she told me to leave it to her, it would be great.  Needless to say I was disappointed in the boutinerres (sp) the men had...they were orange; and they were wearing black tuxes with black shirts and a red (cranberry color) vest.  It clashed instead of matched.  Ugh.  My flowers were pretty but there was only one calla lilly in it (it was a deep orange color-looked nice with the other flowers) and there was supposed to be a holder so that it made it easier for me to hold and that wasnt there.  Anyhow. for the price (which was over $2000) I expected a lot better.  So there was that.

However, the rest of the wedding was perfect (minus the rain).  I got the guys tuxes and mens warehouse who did a great job.  I got my dress here in Phoenix.  I let the girls pick out their dresses, as long as they were Jasmine Bridal and in berry.  Everyone wore whatever shoes and jewelry they wanted.  As far as gifts, I gave a lot of Vera Bradley stuff, a lot of gift cards and my mother and mother in law a pandora bracelet with a mother of pearl charm.  Oh and my dad a kindle.

Hope this was helpful!

Liz
I updated my bio on 06/24/10, however if you want to see my planning bio you have to go to www.lizardlipsplanningbio.weebly.com because I am having a hard time making it clicky!

Re: Madison Wedding Vendor Review

• edited December 2011
    Thanks for the review!  I am thinking so going with Wayne Ace.
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for your review! My friend had used Wayne Ace for her wedding and they were amazing for hers as well. My FI actually went to school with the owner's son-in-law so we knew they would be great. We were able to bring in our own cd to listen to. I am glad to hear your wedding went well! May I ask if Forrestals was expensive or not? My FI and I are still looking for  a place to have our rehearsal dinner at.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Forrestals itself was not expensive...$250.  However, you have to pay for a bartender (I think it was $15 an hour) and then you have to have food catered (we used Vivianni's) so it depends on what kind of food you are looking for...
    I updated my bio on 06/24/10, however if you want to see my planning bio you have to go to www.lizardlipsplanningbio.weebly.com because I am having a hard time making it clicky!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards