Wedding Woes
Options

Help! Unbooked rooms for our wedding, I'm responsible for those not booked!

My future father in law pulled some major strings to get us a 50% discount off rooms at the Hard Rock Hotel on Michigan Ave in Chicago. Feeling a bit pressured due to all the hard work my future family put into it I signed the contract which obligates us to pay for all the rooms in our block that did not get booked! Now we have guests that said they wanted a room backing out and I am SO STRESSED over what to do about the empty rooms! Any ideas?

Re: Help! Unbooked rooms for our wedding, I'm responsible for those not booked!

• Options
    Do you have any local friends/family that will take you up on the discount?  See if there are any other brides on your local that could use the rooms for their guests?  See if there's anyone on your local who could use the rooms period?  

• Options
    How many rooms are unbooked? I agree that offering rooms to local guests is probably your next best bet, followed by advertising your room generally, if you cannot renegotiate your contract. I'd contact your hotel now, let them know that your needs have changed, and see what they can do. You might be able to pay a smaller up front penalty to release the rooms now, rather than waiting until your block closes.
    Anniversary

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards