Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions

Ceremony Seating Arrangement

Ok, I'm having a seating dilemma! I am getting married on the beach and will have chairs set up. However, my mom and I are not 100% in agreement about how they should be arranged. I have two parts to this question: 

1. Is it better to have longer rows or more rows? For example, I am considering having 6 rows of 20 (10 on each side of the aisle) seats. She's worried that's going to be too many seats across... but I'm worried that no one will want to sit in the back where they can't hear anything we're saying. 

2. Our guest list as it stands now (just a few RSVPs outstanding and we THINK we know what they'll be) is 92 adults and 10 kids. Do you think 120 seats will be enough? I know people tend to leave empties sometimes, but this is mostly at movie theaters, I feel like... not at weddings? Or in a pew obviously. 

P.S. As an FYI to lurkers... I'm having a DW where the closest guests are 100+ miles away, most are 600-800 miles away and some live literally across the country and we are at approx 70% "yes" RSVPs. WAAAY more than we anticipated, but obviously not more than we're willing to host... don't think that people wont travel to your wedding!

Re: Ceremony Seating Arrangement

• What about curving the rows?

And I have never heard of anyone having more seats then guests but if you want to have a few more it wouldn't hurt.

• Not sure if you can see my picture so I will post it again...

• Yes, I'd really like to curve the rows. I can't imagine why this wouldn't be possible. 

As far as extras, I really hadn't either, except that a lot of people around here seem to act like it's a normal thing. I think of it more as a thing of a family of 4, a family of 3 and a family of 4 can't fit in a 10 person row, so a few extra seats gives some wiggle room. I'm two weeks away from leaving for the wedding and so I'm starting to second guess everything!
  • Yeah I think curving the rows won't make them look as long which is probably your Mom's concern and rounding your numbers up to the nearest whole number is probably a good idea.  Like with most things, having more then enough is better then not enough.

• Doesn't your venue have an experienced event manager who has been through this a million or so times?
  • @nycmercedes yes and no. My event manager does seem to know what she's doing but I get the impression that she's somewhat new and has a tendency to say "whatever you would like to do sounds good."

It is both awesome and annoying that she is the exact opposite of pushy

• I love the curved rows. I wish more set ups were like this. Not only weddings.
    Happiness is an inside job
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards