November 2014 Weddings

Stupid Tux Company Vent Vent Vent!!

My FI was generous and paid for all his GM's attire.  He was told that they could go to any of that tux company and get fitted no problem.

My poor brother decided to go in and ask about a fitting today at his local tux shop.  They gave him the run around and DIDN'T EVEN LOOK FI UP IN THE COMPUTER!!!  Then they tried to tell my brother he had to go to a neighboring town to pick up his attire on top of trying to charge him a $20 deposit.

No. NONONONONO.  WRONG.

FI called the company and told them this and the company agreed that yeah, it says he paid in full and yeah, he can go to the store he wants to go to and get fitted.  And yeah, my brother shouldn't have to pay a red cent (which is good because pennies don't exist in Canada anymore)

It's not like my brother wandered in and was like "Errr...I needs a pantz."  He gave FI's name and the wedding date.  How effing hard is it to go "hmmm, let's check the system."  

I was so annoyed!!  Correction, I still am.
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Stupid Tux Company Vent Vent Vent!!

• I'm sorry! I'm glad it was sorted out and I hope this is your biggest problem you run into!
  • My brother has to go out again, so it isn't technically 'solved' but he knows to call FI the second there's a problem.  I facebooked my brother any and all possible info the store could ask about and FI texted him the receipt.  We got them cornered now.

• Not wanting to deal with tux rentals and the hassle was one of the reasons FI opted for suits for the guys. At my BFF's wedding back in April, the tux place gave people the wrong sizes, so they all had to swap to make it work the best they could. I am really happy that you got this fixed, but I would still be annoyed based on principle AND I would be pissed on my brother's behalf because it was a waste of his time AND an extra unneeded hassle for him... Especially because you and your FI were clearly trying to make this has hassle free as possible for the GMs.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • UPDATES!!

My FI's brother went into a different store and they couldn't find FI's name in the system.  FI was SOOOO mad, but he kept a level head and called and spoke to the guy he originally set up the account with and said that we are in the thick of summer weddings right now and our info may not have crossed over into fall season yet.  I have heard this before.  Summer vendors aren't too concerned with fall weddings right now and I totally get that!   We are being too ambitious and forging ahead with stuff too early!  LOL.  It's okay, we got plenty of time (3 months to the DAY!  Bam!)

That's totally fine.  We WILL get formal wear, with or without you people, rental place.  FI's brother will be the guinea pig and go in a couple weeks from now to try again now that we know about the system lag AND that FI misheard and quoted the wrong number for his groomsmen (oops!).  I told my brother to hold off on the fitting until FBIL does his, so closer to the end of August.  

BONUS STORY!  

Since my FBIL is only 15 (16 in October) my FMIL went with him and was trying to figure this out.  She's a total shit-disturber and thinks she can bully retail people and service people around.  So when FI assured her that we are reasoning with the rental company and there must be an honest mistake she went off.  "I'll raise hell!!" she said.  At this point, I just want to protect the retail people.  If it wasn't even in the system, they can't do anything.  There's no point in killing them!  (The other people didn't look in the system for my brother's adventure so that's just plain incompetence, but these people actually tried!).  FI made a mistake too, so hey, we are in this together and we have never done this before.

FI told her she would do no such thing and it will be sorted out with FI at the helm.  She was not to take to matters into her hands and not to touch a thing!!

"It's okay.  We'll get through this." she says.

Who is WE?  Because it certainly doesn't involve you at all, FMIL.  Going in there hootin' n hollerin' like a drunk Harpy on Maury isn't going to help anything.

I off-handedly commented to FI that I was genuinely surprised they went and got fitted so early.

"I thought FMIL was worried that FBIL would still be growing and they wanted to fit him as late as possible."

FI snorted his derision.  "Yeah, the only reason they were in today was because mother was 'curious about the style of tuxes we chose'.  She said she was being nosy."

OMG, lady, you are going to raise hell because you are fuckin' nosy?  My venting frustration is totally off tux rentals and back on how my FMIL is a big nosy, bossy, insecure (you should hear her dress shopping stories.  In fact, hop on over to the dress thread here and I'll type it out!), shit-disturbing, a-hole.  She'll outlive us all.

• UPDATES!!

Going in there hootin' n hollerin' like a drunk Harpy on Maury isn't going to help anything.
    The best thing I heard/read in a while!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards