Not Engaged Yet

Wednesday Chatter

Morning! What's up with everyone today?

My boobs hurt. I think if I got a period (I have an IUD and no period) it would be sometime right around now and so my boobs are killing me, even just sitting here they hurt. This is new and I don't like it.

I have bocce tonight. My team is 2-0 so hopefully we can keep up our win streak!

I am in love with my tattoo. Like so in love. I think it's my favorite. 

H stopped at the grocery store last night because we needed a roll of quarters to do laundry (and I demanded asked for Brownie Brittle). Well, I guess he decided we needed a couple more things and one of those was a giant loaf of bread. We now have a pack of hamburger rolls (unopened) and 2 giant loaves of bread and we leave for vacation on Saturday. Men are so weird sometimes. 

Speaking of vacation... I AM SO EXCITED TO GO AWAY AND SEE ALL THE THINGS! 

Re: Wednesday Chatter

• My back is killing me and has been all week!  I have a massage scheduled for tomorrow though.

Dropped kitty off at the vets to see what's going on with him.  Loki had 2 skin infections, poor little guy.  I'm guessing kitty also has a skin infection, either that or something like a thyroid issue.  Basically he'll loss a patch of fur and then a rash/irritation will develop, then it'll heal like nothing was ever wrong.  I kept thinking it was my other kitty attacking him, but I no longer hear them fighting throughout the night, so now I think something else is up.

I'm feeling stressed and I don't know why.  I have all things wedding under control, work has been slower - but I feel more stressed than I have in a long time!

Anniversary
  • @swazzle -H does the same thing when he goes to the grocery store, which is why I do most of the shopping. He comes home with the most random things that we don't need and then they go bad. Now I want brownie brittle.

After work I'm going to CrossFit and then we have a make-up softball game that was canceled last week due to weather. This is our last game before playoffs next week. Currently, we are tied for 1st place which is really strange since I've always thought we sucked lol. I guess not lol.
  • edited July 2014
    good morning!  I have on some new flats today, and of course it is raining cats and dogs and my feet are soaked.  and the espresso machine at work is broken...  I almost went through a drive-thru to get a latte this morning (cool, rainy day calls for special coffee) but decided to get it at work.  bad idea... I have wet feet AND no latte!!

I am so tired today.  I haven't been sleeping well for the past few weeks.  last night, between 10 PM and 5:30 AM, I was awake 3x and restless 23x.  thank you, FitBit, for proving to my husband that I really DON'T get quality sleep and I'm not a whiner for saying I'm tired.

ETA:  today is rest day... no Insanity work out!!  http://www.mamatoga.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/katy-perry-celebration-dance-in-fireworks-music-video-gif.gif
  • edited July 2014
    Heyyyy people! Yes, @Swazzle, men are SO strange when it comes to grocery shopping. I feel bad because last time FI came with me I asked him to get sauce (for making pizza). I think he spent about 5 minutes choosing one, and then found me and held it up saying "doesn't this look good!?" It was some sort of vodka sauce that said "More cream!" on the label, and it was 160 calories per 1/2 cup. I had to veto it and go find normal marinara sauce.

My Monday has started off okay. I took a shower at 6:20 and then went back asleep until 7:05. Now I'm at work and I think it's going to be a busy day. I found out that instead of going to visit our Chicago office Sunday-Tuesday along with the two salespeople I work with, and our boss, I'll probably be going alone! Our company is being audited or something so a few important people won't have time for all of the meetings we had planned, however my boss still wants me to get out there, see the other office, and meet people. On one hand, it might be fun to get more "me" time without having to tag along with my coworkers all the time, on the other hand now I have to rent a car on my own and get myself from the airport to the hotel, and to the office, in a city I've never been in before. 

ETA: My FI is a "he", not a "she" Oops!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • ShallowSeasShallowSeas member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited July 2014
    Morning!

FI has had sharp pains in his stomach for several days now and it has me worried.  It started out as just a stomach ache but has progressed to sharp, stabbing pain...on his right side and middle of his abdomen so I'm terrified that its his appendix.  He leaves for Canada tomorrow evening for 4 days so I've been trying to talk him into going to the ER to get checked out but he's hesitant to because our insurance has a $4000 deductible that we have not met.  He FINALLY agreed that if he still has sharp pains by this evening that he will go to the ER. I'm terrified. My appendix ruptured when I was 11 and I was in the hospital for over a month, I don't want that to happen to him. So needless to say, my nerves are little shot right now and my anxiety is way up. I just don't want something to happen while he's on the road or in Canada.

Other than that, we have our first premarital counseling session this evening at 6.  I'm actually a little...excited? about it. I'm not sure what word to use. I'm anxious to see what its all about and I think it'll be a good experience for FI and I.

My dad's birthday is Friday, but since FI will be out of the country, we took him out for dinner in the city last night.  We went to a new Irish pub that just opened last month.  It was great and my dad really enjoyed it.  I also made my dad a cheesecake to take home with him because cheesecake is his fave and its a tradition that me or my sister make him one for his birthday :)

Anniversary

• @Dignity100 - I'm jealous of your massage! H got me a gift card for a massage for my birthday and I was SO looking forward to it and then the morning of my appointment there was a water main break and the entire place flooded! They're still not open so I guess it'll have to wait until I get back from my trip. I hope your kitty is ok! 

@southernpeach89 - The salted caramel is my favorite but H brought home the toffee crunch. It'll have to do, I suppose. 

• I loooooove massages.  I have one scheduled in a couple of weeks... can't wait!

I still haven't tried Brownie Brittle!  it sounds so yummy.
  • @Swazzle - I'm jealous of your vacation (since you're jealous of my massage).  The massages are one of our work perks, they're *only* 15 minutes and cost $5.

@CocoBellaF - I think your morning is a sign just to go home!!

@Hummingbird125 - I think it'll be fun, when you go to an office by yourself, the people at the office usually want to make sure you have a good time while you're out there where if you go with a group of people they expect you to hang out with them (at least that's been my experience).

@severmilli12 - Hope your FI is ok!!  When it comes to your health, better safe than sorry.

@TwoDimes - Sounds like you and your FI just need a break from things.  Maybe you guys could plan out a hike or something that doesn't cost any money to take your minds off everything that's going on.

Anniversary
  • congratulations on your pay increase, @TwoDimes!!
  • @swazzle yay for vacation!  Where are you going?

H bought me soy ice cream last night, it was so good I had to stop myself from eating the whole pint.  I'm trying to get on track back to healthy eating and working out more, easier said than done.  Finally our countertops are being installed this coming Monday! I can't wait to have them in for all the work to be done.  The floor and backsplash will still need to be done though.  H's knee is still bothering him and he hasn't made an appointment yet for the orthopedic yet, men can be so frustrating.

I hope the day goes by fast I just feel like being at home relaxing with H on the couch watching TV.  I made a vegan lentil and mushroom shepard's pie I didn't eat any last night because I made a different dinner, so I'm hoping my lunch is good today.

Anniversary

• @Dignity100 Thanks. Thats exactly what I tried telling him. If he goes to the ER and turns out to be nothing, I'd rather pay a huge ER bill and know that he's okay rather than have something bad happen because he didn't get checked out.
    Anniversary

• @severmilli12 - FI went to the ER a few weeks ago because he had 'chest tightness' - turns out it was just bad chest congestion w/no cough.  He was pissed he spent a crap-ton of money on 'just congestion' but happy he knew what it was so he wouldn't be worrying about it.  So even if it is nothing; it is peace of mind (and he's not the only one that has went to the ER over nothing if it turns out to be nothing).

Anniversary
  • Rawrooowr.

Morning can go suck it. I'm on my TOTM (TMI, I know) and that means I don't get to sleep at all. I think I managed to string together 2 hours last night. Too sleepy for function.

I'm beyond impressed, though. FI actually managed to get his apartment back to neutral-to-all-I-smell-is-cleaners condition. The only things we couldn't get completely clean were two of the burner coils (tried burning off the deposit and soaking in vinegar, neither worked - tips?) and the bottom of the oven (we're taking a razor blade to what's left tonight - carefully). Even the basement smells great, but we're going to put another box of baking soda down the drain in the shower (who the hell has a shower in the basement?) and floor drain tonight in the form of a slurry chased by water. I'm stunned at how well that worked to take out the smell, and I know chemistry!

And starting tomorrow I'll be significantly less boring in the sense that all I talk about is the damn apartment. I promise.

@swazzle, where are you going on vacation?

General question: what is brownie brittle?
  • This morning I am a ball of stress and cranky (see other post).

We were supposed to do our engagement photos last night, but it started raining a couple hours before so we rescheduled...and then of course it stopped raining, but was still cloudy and crappy.

I have an appointment to get my dress looked at tonight, but I think that's going to depend on what happens with FI today.

@severmilli12 - I hope your FI's stomach pain clears up! I would be worried too, since it's sticking around and he's going away...way better to get him checked out now than risk something happening while he's away!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• @swazzle, where are you going on vacation?

General question: what is brownie brittle?
    I almost don't want to know...because I'm betting it's something delicious that you can only get in the States lol

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• @TwoDimes - thanks!  I'm still waiting on my clearance to get approved (shouldn't be a problem because I'm a fed so I've already done it once, 5 years ago) for it to be official and I can give my 2 weeks.  I think I'll be starting my new job around Sept. 8, so my first pay check would probably be Sept. 30...?  best case scenario, my clearance is approved quickly and I can start August 25, but I doubt it...  plus I'm not sure if I want to start a new job on my birthday.  "happy birthday, now fill out a gazillion forms and go to orientation."
  • justbeingme93justbeingme93 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited July 2014
    Good Morning! 

@CocoBellaF, I love treating myself on rainy days like today. It just makes your day a little bit more special. I am sorry you were not able to do that this morning. Maybe you should just treat yourself after work! 

Last night, I was running around trying to pack, cook, and bake for our trip "up north". We are leaving right after I am done with work today, so I need DISTRACTIONS! I have all of my clothes packed and all the food is made. But, I have to put all of our food and booze into coolers when I get home and haul all of it into my vehicle by myself. Honestly, I really don't know how I am going to lift a huge cooler that is packed full into my trail blazer! If my neighbors laugh at me, I am going to make them help! haha. Once I get it into my vehicle, I have to drive to my BF's house. He can transfer all of the heavy stuff into his truck that we are taking. I hate pulling the "damsel in distress" card and making him do the hard work, but I really don't think I can. Haha. That whole dilemma (packing, driving, unpacking, and re-packing) has to occur within a half hour. Then, we have a three hour drive to the cabin! Honestly, I love the "long" drive. I get to sit with BF in the truck and just have one on one time. I look forward to that one on one time every trip. 

• thanks @justbeingme93 ... I ended up buying a regular coffee with a little half and half, and my shoes are drying.  I'm going to "treat" myself to a 30 minute nap after work before I start cooking dinner.  :)

it sounds like you have a fun trip planned... I am a little jealous of your get-away!!
  • edited July 2014

@Swazzle - H is a total bread whore, so I totally sympathize! You can actually freeze bread...so don't feel like you have to eat it all before your vacation. I can't wait to hear all about Costa Rica!!!

It's grey and raining and actually pretty cold here today. It's nice that it's not so hot out, but this weather is making me sleepy.

I got a breakfast burrito to warm up this morning and the guy put spicy potatoes in it instead of regular ones and now my mouth is on fire and my stomach is uncomfortable. :(

H and I are having a garage sale with another couple this weekend, so tonight i'm on sign duty. I also have to get all our many, many things together...and plan a dinner/sleepover for MIL saturday...so I'm a tad busy this week. Hopefully we'll make some moolah!

ETA: @Swazzle - I thought this was the Costa Rica trip. Sorry about that! The road trip sounds awesome.

• joy14bwjoy14bw member
    5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited July 2014
    Morning All!

@Dignity100 - That's so nice! Ugh, I need a massage....might have to plan one now.

@swazzle - Vacation sounds amazing!

@TwoDimes - pay increase?!?!? ok now you are all making me jealous! That's so awesome!

@CocoBellaF - I've heard and see amazing things from Insanity. My sister lost about 30lbs doing it after having two kiddos and has kept it off! Enjoy your day off! lol

I'm trucking along this week putting most of my focus on my house. My carpet gets pulled up down stairs and laid upstairs on Friday and I purchased my hard wood last night that will get laid next Wednesday. I'm very excited. BTW did I mention my next door neighbor sold her house 10K over her asking price which I thought was high! I'm might be looking to sell soon! 
  • Yesterday definitely got worse from when I posted!

I went to pick up Grandma for froyo, and she wasn't feeling well, so we didn't end up going. 

Since I didn't get my froyo (key topping: pb sauce) I texted SO to pick up a friendly's cup sundae at the grocery.

When I went to put it away, I discovered my freezer crapped out, and a bunch of stuff had already thawed and had to be thrown away!  OMG what a mess!  Between that and the freezer in the basement that I had to use to salvage what I could, I threw out two big trash bags of food.

SO thinks the freezer just needs to be defrosted to work again, so I may have to unplug the whole fridge which will mean transferring everything into my basement fridge, which will be a PITA.

Luckily, I had bought a used fridge a while back that has been sitting in my garage, so I was able to get that plugged in and running cold as of this morning.

So we went to a wing place last night, and I laid in bed sick until this morning afterwards.... I just can't quit the buffalo sauce and fried pickles.

Oh, and one of the dogs seems to have thrown up mud (???) which has put a super dark stain on my carpet that I haven't been able to remove yet...

Yesterday I found this dress while looking for Grandma's gift and told my BMs that I found the dress! lolimage

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

• @CocoBellaF Way to keep a positive attitude. Don't let your bad morning ruin your day! Also, you nap after work idea sounds lovely. I would kill for a nap right now. 

I think the trip should be a lot of fun. I haven't been able to see my BF a lot lately because we have both been working a lot. I haven't seen him in two weeks, and we live ten minutes away for each other! I miss him! This little get-away is the only thing that has helped get me through these past two weeks. 
  • @es14bw - I did Insanity towards the end of 2013, and really liked the results.  I spent the first 6 months of 2014 really sick, so I couldn't do it consistently.  I started back up for real at the end of June.  I am done with the first week of Month 2 and already I see more results than I did the first time I did it.  I can't wait to take my After pictures!!
  • @es14bw - I did Insanity towards the end of 2013, and really liked the results.  I spent the first 6 months of 2014 really sick, so I couldn't do it consistently.  I started back up for real at the end of June.  I am done with the first week of Month 2 and already I see more results than I did the first time I did it.  I can't wait to take my After pictures!!
    I hope you share!! success stories really do help others plus they just make me feel good!
  • @Hummingbird125 - H does the same thing! He doesn't just get the full fat stuff, he goes for the ADDED FAT stuff. Sigh. 

@severmilli12 - I hope your FI is ok! Keep us posted. 

@Dignity100 - Money is a pain in the ass. H and I have to sit down and go over our budget as soon as we get back from vacation. I'm not looking forward to it :( Yay for pay increases!!!

@Peaseblossom55, @KeptInStitches - We're going on a roadtrip through New England. Stopping in/at Boston, Salem, Portland, Bar Harbor, Moosehead Lake, Mount Washington, Ben and Jerry's, Burlington, and Lake Placid.

@KeptInStitches, @lmcooper86 - It's supposed to be like the crunchy edges of a brownie. It's absolutely DELICIOUS. CLICK

• @justbeingme93 - Have a great time! How long are you gone for? Take lots of pictures! 

@allusive007 - Ohhh you're totally right about freezing it! Thanks for reminding me to do that :)

• GOOD MORNING EVERYONE!!

I'm trying to be in a positive mood today because my mood has been piss-poor lately. FI and I have been fighting non-stop since I got home from work yesterday. At least BB is on tonight???? Maybe I'll go buy some brownie brittle to eat while watching it, idk.

@swazzle FI buys random stuff at the grocery store too so I'm thinking it's a guy thing.

@hummingbird125 I'll go to Chicago with you!!! I always wanted a job where I could travel, that didn't turn out so well for me lol.

@severmilli12 & @lmcooper86 I hope your FI's are okay!

@dignity100 I want a massage now...

Like I said, last night sucked. I had a complete breakdown when I got home. FI and I had a long talk about future goals and stuff and we're just not on the same page. I don't know why we didn't talk about crap long ago, but today I'm going to have to look for a therapist for us because, I don't know. Seriously, being an adult sucks. I feel like the goals we're talking about (family stuff, who raises the family, etc) is something we shouldn't even be discussing but I'm one of those people who like to be prepared so maybe I should just shelf the BSC for now.

Anyway. I had rice and black beans for dinner (random, but so good) and we watched some comedian on Netflix (Gabriel something), then went to bed. I didn't sleep much so I'm exhausted but I'm just trying to stay positive.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • @Swazzle Thank you! We leave tonight and we get back late Sunday afternoon. We rarely get that much time off, so we are very excited! I can't wait to chill on the lake, shop downtown, and eat yummy food. I will take some pictures and post when I get back! 

• @kelani23 froyo is my weakness! I love it SO MUCH. You have me craving froyo and fried pickles now!
    Anniversary

• @buddysmom80 - Big hugs. I'm sorry you guys are having a tiff. I've been feeling cranky lately too so maybe it's something in the water. I'm going to be late for BB tonight because of bocce. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards