Not Engaged Yet

WR: Please help me figure out my bridal bouquet

Hi Ladies

I keep going back on my bridal bouquet ideas. 

So as a reminder - this is the color of the bridesmaid dress (alfred angelo lilac with ivory lace overlay):

This is a STANDARD bouquet in my package:

these 2 bouquets caught my eye while looking on Pinterest:
imageimage

I really really love the look of the Orchids (the blue/purple flowers) and I REALLY want Sunflowers to bring in a fall feel.

My first thought:  Go with the Disney offered bouquet but have the lilies replaced with sunflowers, it's the easiest to explain and won't be lost in translation.
My second thought:  Go with the second bouquet but have the lilies replaced with sunflowers.  (The up-charge of the bouquet as shown to my package is $50, not sure what the sunflowers would do to the up charge as somebody has done this with a pink/purple similar bouquet.)
My third thought:  Just go with the last bouquet, even though it doesn't have the orchids that I love.

What do you ladies think?  The only flowers I'm having are the bridal bouquet, MOH bouquet, and boutineers for groom and BM.  All the other decor is what is already on site at Disney.

Anniversary

Re: WR: Please help me figure out my bridal bouquet

• I love LOVE the third bouquet. You could also do the first with the sunflowers and get the same look. I'm not such a fan of the blue/purple orchids with your color palette, but that's just me.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I'm loving the third bouquet as well, and am not a fan of the second as it doesn't seem to fit your fall theme as well.
  • I love both the middle and last bouquets, although I think the last one might look better with the BM dress.
    Anniversary

• I'm obviously not the person to ask because I like all 3.

• In full disclosure:  I'm leaning toward the 3rd one, but I'm afraid I'm going to be disappointed that I passed up the orchids, because when else will I be able to have them??  (FI never buys me flowers because I typically think they are somewhat of a waste of $$).

Anniversary
  • I like the second and the third bouquet the most! 
  • I really love the first and third pictures/options. As much as I do love those blue and purple orchids, I don't feel like they fit with the rest of your flowers or with your dress or the BM dress.

The BM dress (based on what I can see) looks really soft and classic, and I think that the orchids just wouldn't look right with it or with the other flowers that are pictured.

I think that if you went with the first bouquet and switched out the lilies for sunflowers, or just went with the whole third bouquet you would have a much more cohesive look.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Here's the full BM dress in a different color:

Next Question:  What do you think of the peacock feathers on the 3rd - remove or keep?

Anniversary
  • I really love the 3rd one, especially with the BM dress. 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I really love the last one, but adding sunflowers to the first one would also look great. The orchids in the middle one are beautiful. I don't love the orange lilies, but I think it would look great with white ones. If you design your own bouquet, would you have to pay the full price or would you only pay the difference over the package bouquet? Would it be part of the venue package or would you have to find an outside florist?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• There's an upgrade fee.  So one of the girls that got married under the same Disney package as I have asked for the pictured bouquet and Disney charged her a $50 upgrade fee for the Orchids:

So basically you are charged the upgrade price for the flowers if they are not of equal value to what is already offered.

I'm not sure what the floral 'budget' is for my wedding package, but I know the cake budget.  Disney budgets for you to have a $200 wedding cake with specific flavors.  I went with the top tier in one of the flavors that was offered and the bottom tier I asked for the upgraded filling flavor (peanut butter cup) and the charge for that was $25.  So I can only assume if I were to call Disney's Boardwalk Bakery and ask for my exact wedding cake it would cost $225.

Anniversary
  • @Dignity100 I LOVE the bouquet in the photo
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• I love the 3rd bouquet. I honestly think that if you swapped the lillies in the 1st bouquet for sunflowers, you'd have a very similar look to that 3rd bouquet.

Personally I don't really care for the orchids in the 2nd bouquet, but that's just my opinion. If you love them, you should go for it! To me, $50 isn't too bad of an upcharge if the flowers are important to you and the rest of your budget is on point.

• @dignity100 I love the third bouquet, I'd 86 the peacock feathers though. That BM is Alfred Angelo? Do you remember the style number?

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • @buddysmom80 - http://www.alfredangelo.com/Collections/Bridesmaids/7281L/?pg=2  Style is 7281L; there is a short version too, I couldn't talk her into short though.  It was her choice in all honesty though, she said she would wear the long dress again where she didn't think she'd wear the short one again.

Anniversary
  • I didn't even notice the feathers in the third bouquet! Personally I think it would be a bit odd to have just a couple little spots of the bright blue and purple in the bouquet so I would probably nix those.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• @dignity100 I love the dress, maybe I'll convice the BP to try it on next week (ughhhh).

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • I love the last picture of the bouquet you posted.  I'm not a big fan of orange anywhere but of the others I like the 3rd one the most.

Anniversary

• @buddysmom80 - You should - the lace overly comes in white, ivory or black and then the underlay is any of the Dream in Color Shades. The dress seems pretty light and airy. With the one shoulder she felt covered up (she's a little older and I'm pretty conservative, so wanted to be respectful of a neckline). We were going to get the dress in 'Run Pink' until we went to Dillards and both fell in love with a pair of silver shoes - MOH decided the lilac went better with the silver shoes (MOH and I will be rockin' the same shoes on my wedding day). http://www.alfredangelo.com/Collections/Bridesmaids/7242/?pg=1 Style 7242 was another style we considered - there was some sparkle in the top which might match the subtle sparkle in your dress (we were down between the lace & this one to be honest). She decided the sparkle in the top might be a little too 'young' feeling for her (she's in her 40's).

Anniversary
  • I had paragraphs!!!

Anniversary
  • @dignity100 (no mean to threadjack, sorry!) my MOH is very conservative so I was thinking a one-shoulder dress would work for her. The other BMs if I could find a similar style it might work. I agree with the other dress you posted (with the sequins), it's pretty, but my BP range from 32-38 in age.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • @buddysmom80 - no problem with hijacking my thread - I think everybody has helped me with my flower options.

If you went with the lace one shoulder - I wonder how it would look with this one that is strapless:
    http://www.alfredangelo.com/Collections/Bridesmaids/7262S/?pg=1 (short)
    http://www.alfredangelo.com/Collections/Bridesmaids/7262L/?pg=1 (long)

There was another dress that had like a short little sleeve, but it looked really odd on my MOH - more like it was meant for somebody who was quite a bit younger (like a dress I would have worn when I was going to my first formal dance).

Have fun shopping - I can't wait to see pics!!!

Anniversary
  • @Dignity100 - I like how you chose the shoes and THEN the dress. More often than not, it's the other way around!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards