Snarky Brides

Thanks Bride.com

I always wondered what festive attire is. Thanks for defining it. I'm going to put on my invites that my wedding is festive black tie.

http://www.brides.com/blogs/aisle-say/2014/04/wedding-dress-code-explained.html

Re: Thanks Bride.com

• Not to be a Debbie Downer, but I'm pretty sure this isn't even a thing, nor is that site a reliable source for what constitutes "black tie."  Women over 18 should be exclusively in long evening dresses.  Only girls under 18 should be wearing cocktail length dresses.  When I hear "festive black tie" I think of a ball room Mardi Gras costume party.  Also, you can't dictate what your guests wear (stating Black Tie on the invitation is the exception), and the formality of the invitation indicates to your guests what to wear.  

• Not to be a Debbie Downer, but I'm pretty sure this isn't even a thing, nor is that site a reliable source for what constitutes "black tie."  Women over 18 should be exclusively in long evening dresses.  Only girls under 18 should be wearing cocktail length dresses.  When I hear "festive black tie" I think of a ball room Mardi Gras costume party.  Also, you can't dictate what your guests wear (stating Black Tie on the invitation is the exception), and the formality of the invitation indicates to your guests what to wear.  
    I think OP was being sarcastic and poking fun at what a ridiculous dress code this is. Snarky Brides usually equals sarcasm. 
  • PDKH said:
    Not to be a Debbie Downer, but I'm pretty sure this isn't even a thing, nor is that site a reliable source for what constitutes "black tie."  Women over 18 should be exclusively in long evening dresses.  Only girls under 18 should be wearing cocktail length dresses.  When I hear "festive black tie" I think of a ball room Mardi Gras costume party.  Also, you can't dictate what your guests wear (stating Black Tie on the invitation is the exception), and the formality of the invitation indicates to your guests what to wear.  
    I think OP was being sarcastic and poking fun at what a ridiculous dress code this is. Snarky Brides usually equals sarcasm. 
    My bad, I stayed up too late and am currently two levels below snarky (it goes zombie, oblivious, snarky, caffeinated, motivated).  But I stand by my statement that if I saw "Festive Black Tie" I would wear something appropriate for a Mardi Gras Ball.  Actually, that sounds kind of awesome.  Someone throw this party.  

• Yep, definitely sarcasm. I'm having quite a snarky day, more so than usual. I blame having to have a 5 hour window to wait for the cable company. But I will go to your Mardi Gras Ball

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards