Nevada-Las Vegas

Carmine's and Wicked Spoon

Does anyone have recent photos of receptions at Carmine's or Wicked Spoon? We have it narrowed down to these two options. I love the balcony at Carmine's but love the food options at Wicked Spoon. Decisions, decisions.....
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Carmine's and Wicked Spoon

• I don't remember what you said the minimum they told you was at Wicked Spoon, but I just got an email from Kelly yesterday saying that the minimum was $5,000! If we do Wicked Spoon, we are just going to go as a group and not reserve a room. Kind of a bummer.
  • That's insane! It's crazy how things differ so much! I received an email from Rose yesterday saying she would honor the $41pp she initially quoted us vs. the $51 she put in the proposal. That made me happy! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I wonder if maybe I call, I'll get a different quote. I'm probably going to try that. The alcohol pricing was crazy, so we may either do the house wines or go off menu. I'm also waiting on a quote from Bacchanal at Ceasar's. I really like the idea of a really nice buffet for people to eat until they can't eat anymore.
  • Email Rose: ROSE.AHARONIAN@cosmopolitanlasvegas.com
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I got a different quote every time I called or emailed wicked spoon! Carmine's has their own photo album the girl sent me a link too. I don't think it had a reception in action though. A great resource is reading the local photographers blogs. They are very active posters of events in action.
  • @aggiespartan, if you hear back from Caesar's, can you post any info you get here, please?  I've got 3 calls into them and no one has returned any of them.  I didn't see a way to email them on the website; only a phone number for group dining, which is where I've been leaving messages.

Rose @ Wicked Spoon has been great to deal with but I have received different quotes for the private room as well.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • dbacksgirldbacksgirl member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited August 2014
    @hmgiffor, you asked about Wicked Spoon pics before and I posted some in this thread.  I don't have the pics on my computer so I'll just link if it will let me.

http://forums.theknot.com/discussion/comment/7280393/#Comment_7280393

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @hmgiffor, you asked about Wicked Spoon pics before and I posted some in this thread.  I don't have the pics on my computer so I'll just link if it will let me.

http://forums.theknot.com/discussion/comment/7280393/#Comment_7280393

whoa, Cosmo is willing to deck out the tables/chairs for the wicked spoon rooms?  nice. 
  • They only provide basis linens but not the upgraded kind in the two wedding pics.  You have to rent them but it's really not that expensive through RSVP rentals or Rebel Party.  You can bring pretty much any decor you want into Wicked Spoon but you have to have someone come in and set it up.  I don't think they will do that for you.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I finally told Rose (and sent her the email) about what she quoted me and she said she would honor it. So keep those emails and send the lowest quote and say you want that pricing. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Yea and if you want your own music it is $300 to use their AV info and $150 for a bar in the room. Thanks for the photos @dbacksgirl
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Here is what I got on Bacchanal.  They actually have a price list instead of quoting everyone different prices!  Actually this won't let me post pdfs, which is what they sent.  Here is the just:

Hours and Group Sales Prices  Breakfast Mon-Fri 7:30am-11am $35.99++ per person/ $14.99++ per child (ages 4-10) 
    Lunch Monday-Friday 11am-3pm $45.99++ per person/ $19.99++ per child (ages 4-10)  
    Dinner Monday- Thursday 3pm-5pm $65.99++ per person/ $24.99++ per child (ages 4-10) 
    Dinner Sunday 3pm-10pm $68.99++ per person/ $26.99++ per child (ages 4-10) 
    Large Group Reservations are not available for Bacchanal Buffet Monday-Thursday after 5pm, and beginning on Friday at 1:00PM until Sunday at 3:00PM 
    Children age 3 and under eat for free 
    **$15.99++per person Beverage Package available which includes House Wine, Domestic and Imported Beer** ++ 8.1% sales tax and 21% gratuity applicable to all food and beverage  All prices are subject to holiday and seasonal change  
    Private Dining Space Private dining room for 48 people (60 people using banquet chairs*) 7am-9am: food and beverage minimum starting at $1,200.00++ 9am-1pm: food and beverage minimum starting at $2,500.00++ 1pm-close: food and beverage minimum starting at $4,000.00++ A/V equipment fee starting at $250.00 
    **Group sales pricing reserves your group seating all together, your group will be sat on time and is able to enter through the VIP entrance without waiting in line** *Additional rental fees may apply.  

• thanks dbacksgirl, might just have to visit Cosmo next month and see what's up for myself. 
  • Here are my photos without any decorations. Sorry not sure why it is side ways. This is how it comes standard. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @hmgiffor - thanks for these photos.... ide seen some others, but these help also. My concern now, is that we only have 40 people in the private dining... do you think that space is going to be WAY too big? After some calculations, we will definitely make the minimum spend, so having the room isn't an issue there... just concerned it will look a little empty!

I have requested we only have 4 x tables of 10 people...

BTW - our pricing was $38 per person, minimum spend of $2000

• I would recommend if you are worried about it looking empty (which I personally don't think so but I think that depends on if you plan on using the booths) you could easily do 5 tables of 8 which will also give people more room for plates and to eat. I have found that tables of 10 can be a bit tight and in this case you would have to keep in mind people may have multiple plates. 

Just my two cents. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • great idea @hmgiffor... cant believe I didn't think of that. idiot.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards