Chit Chat
Options

What are you listening to today?

KatieinBklnKatieinBkln member
First Answer First Comment First Anniversary 5 Love Its
edited July 2014 in Chit Chat
Currently I'm blasting a Daddy Yankee radio station on Spotify. It is making me want to drink caipirinhas on a boat. Like immediately.

What are y'all listening to this fine Thursday?

ETA: Fixing because my stupid American fingers flipped "Yankee" and "Daddy." 
This baby knows exactly how I feel

Re: What are you listening to today?

• Options
    I listened to Stevie Wonder 'For Once In My Life' on my way to the office this morning in an attempt to desensitize myself to the happy ugly cry I do when I hear it.

I am on the rag. It was a poor choice to listen to that song. I SUPER UGLY sobbed and burbled the whole time and every other song we plan to play at the wedding because I am SO FUCKING EXCITED and we're way the fuck out. I just got hit by a wave of hormones and WILD excitement and it all apparently leaked out of my face.

Lordy.

Right now I'm listening to my Tool collection. No ugly cries.
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• Options
    I was clicking through random youtube earlier. Listened to Sia, Calvin Harris, One Republic, and some other random stuff. 

My local radio stations are finally starting to play Sia's Chandelier. That is one of those songs I REALLY shouldn't sing along to, and yet I do. 

Anniversary
  • Options
    I'm a nerd - Vaughn Williams and now a bit of Brahms. And, inadvertently, the crazy lady in our office on a phone call with her door (which is ALWAYS) open. 
  • Options
    PDKH said:
    I'm a nerd - Vaughn Williams and now a bit of Brahms. And, inadvertently, the crazy lady in our office on a phone call with her door (which is ALWAYS) open. 
    I knew I liked you! Fellow classical music nerd FTW!
  • Options
    My co-worker blab on the phone.
  • Options
    I've got my music on shuffle. I use Google Music, which allows you to upload music to their cloud. So essentially I can listen to my whole iTunes library wherever I am. If I want to listen to new stuff, or something I don't have, I prefer Xbox music to Pandora. There are less commercials, and you can listen to full albums!
  • Options
    PDKH said:
    Yay! Yep, grew up playing in all sorts of orchestras. 
  • Options
    I really only listen to music in the car.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    PDKH said:
    Opera listener here. Cleaned to Tosca on Sunday. Good shit.

Also FI and I are having a very hard time deciding whether we want to come into the reception to Whiskey In The Jar by Metallica, or the crescendo of O Fortuna from Carmina Burana by Carl Orff. It is very difficult.
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• Options
    Just the TV. But later it will be my dance party/ cleaning playlist with Kesha, Kanye, and George Michael.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    eyeroll
  • Options
    I'm listening to Michael Buble and also to the sound of the clock on my wall. This is the longest day everrrrrr.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    I'm listening to Michael Buble and also to the sound of the clock on my wall. This is the longest day everrrrrr.
    Girl, I highly recommend something a bit more upbeat then! I love me some Buble, but he's so smooooooth. He's helping drag those minutes, I guarantee you. ;)
  • Options
    Hearing the clock is the worst. Mine broke the other day, and I just took it down. It's so depressing when you can hear the seconds of your work day ticking by.
  • Options
    No music.  I'm about to turn on horrendously bad daytime TV.  Makes me wish I still watched Days.  

• Options
    A conference call, unfortunately.  But I was playing with my little niece last night, and currently have "DJ Shuffle" stuck in my head.  It's slowly driving me insane.
    Anniversary

• Options
    I've been listening to a ton of a capella stuff lately - found a GREAT Wicked (musical) medley by Peter Hollens.
  • Options
    I LOVE Daddy Yankee!!!! Right now I'm listening to my coworker blab on the phone with annoying coworker, and I am pretty sure they are talking about me at the moment (annoying coworker has been here for TWENTY YEARS. Why does she need ME to explain the work process to her?!).

I am going to go down to the gym because I am so annoyed at everything and everyone at the moment. I have a mix of Daddy Yankee, Don Omar, Lady Gaga, Beyonce, and Blink 182 on my gym play list :)
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• Options
    pinkcow13 said:
    I LOVE Daddy Yankee!!!! Right now I'm listening to my coworker blab on the phone with annoying coworker, and I am pretty sure they are talking about me at the moment (annoying coworker has been here for TWENTY YEARS. Why does she need ME to explain the work process to her?!).

I am going to go down to the gym because I am so annoyed at everything and everyone at the moment. I have a mix of Daddy Yankee, Don Omar, Lady Gaga, Beyonce, and Blink 182 on my gym play list :)
    That playlist sounds like it is objectively TheBest.com
  • Options
    No music right now. I'm watching the first season of Ink Master on netflix. When I'm cleaning later, I'll probably blast jock jams.
  • Options
    Rock of Ages soundtrack. The movie, not OBC.
  • Options
    No music right now. I'm watching the first season of Ink Master on netflix. When I'm cleaning later, I'll probably blast jock jams.
    JOCK JAMS!!!!!

That is all.
  • Options
    I'm about to massively proclaim myself as a nerd, but I'm listening to the soundtracks from the Hobbit/LOTR movies. I love the music from the movies so I have a playlist of the songs (including the one standard song with lyrics that always plays during the credits - those are always so beautiful too). But yeah, LOTR soundtrack. :-)

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    I've actually been catching up on this past season of Once Upon a Time the past few days.

• Options
    JOCK JAMS!!!!!

That is all.
    Jock jams is the soundtrack of my life (:
  • Options
    StitelME said:
    I'm about to massively proclaim myself as a nerd, but I'm listening to the soundtracks from the Hobbit/LOTR movies. I love the music from the movies so I have a playlist of the songs (including the one standard song with lyrics that always plays during the credits - those are always so beautiful too). But yeah, LOTR soundtrack. :-)

STUCK

Hey, whether or not you're into the actual fantasy aspects of LOTR (I am), there's no denying that they are carefully appointed and beautifully crafted films, and that goes down to the music. It's amazing. That Annie Lennox track, Into the West? To die for.
  • Options
    StitelME said:

STUCK

Hey, whether or not you're into the actual fantasy aspects of LOTR (I am), there's no denying that they are carefully appointed and beautifully crafted films, and that goes down to the music. It's amazing. That Annie Lennox track, Into the West? To die for.

OMG YES. Into the West is one of my favorite songs out of all 100 of them (yes, I have 100. I could probably have more but I bought a special set for the three LOTR movies that doesn't necessarily have all of the music but bought special edition 2-disc sets for each of the two Hobbit movies.)

Also, I love the fantasy aspects of the movies and books. I actually own two copies of the books. One really nice, leather (or possibly faux leather) bound books and one paperback copy. This way, I can read the stories as many times as I want without damaging the nice copy. Wow...once the nerd is out of the bag... LOL

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    StitelME said:
    StitelME said:

STUCK

OMG YES. Into the West is one of my favorite songs out of all 100 of them (yes, I have 100. I could probably have more but I bought a special set for the three LOTR movies that doesn't necessarily have all of the music but bought special edition 2-disc sets for each of the two Hobbit movies.)

Also, I love the fantasy aspects of the movies and books. I actually own two copies of the books. One really nice, leather (or possibly faux leather) bound books and one paperback copy. This way, I can read the stories as many times as I want without damaging the nice copy. Wow...once the nerd is out of the bag... LOL

I love the fantasy elements! I'm one of those people who just couldn't get into the books, but not due to the content; the prose just wasn't for me. But I love me some magical elves and mythical creatures!
  • Options
    StitelME said:
    StitelME said:

STUCK

I love the fantasy elements! I'm one of those people who just couldn't get into the books, but not due to the content; the prose just wasn't for me. But I love me some magical elves and mythical creatures!
    There is ZERO shame in admitting a love for Howard Shore's work - especially in LOTR.

Hans Zimmer, Howard Shore, and (obvi) John Williams make some of the coolest movie soundtracks around. I have the Harry Potter soundtracks because I loved Desplat's work.
  • Options
    I'm so glad you guys like this stuff too. A lot of my friends/coworkers think I'm weird.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards