New Jersey
Options

NJ/NY Venue with Outdoor Ceremony

Hi there, I apologize if this topic has been discussed before... I'm currently planning a Saturday Evening wedding for Fall 2015 for about 150 people. We are looking for a venue with a rustic outdoor ceremony area, preferably with a woodsy overlook or with lots of greenery as a backdrop. As for the reception, we would like lots of food/station options so we are thinking our best bet is a banquet hall? We feel we would not get this with a farm/barn, which would be a little too country for us anyway. We are not opposed to country clubs, but do not want anything overly fancy/stuffy. We would be okay paying up to $165/person after service charge, taxes, etc. 

We would appreciate any suggestions for rustic but chic venues in NJ or NY (Hudson Valley) area.... thanks in advance!!

Re: NJ/NY Venue with Outdoor Ceremony

• Options
    English Manor has a beautiful outdoor space, the owners are incredibly accommodating and offered stations in their cocktail hour. Definitely not stuffy and not too rustic either. 

I recently went to a wedding at the Mill in Spring Lake which was supposed to outdoors but unfortunately it was raining. The mashed potato bar at cocktail hour was great.  
  • Options
    @ctr24 - thank you for your suggestion... she quoted me $116 - $136 per person plus tax and 18% gratuity for May-Oct 2015... in case that helps anyone. That is definitely within my budget so will probably arrange a visit. Will contact the Mill in Spring Lake for pricing as well. Thank you!!
  • Options
    We are getting married at Highlawn Pavilion which sounds like it might work for you.  It's in a nature reservation in the mountains in NJ, with lots of greenery and hiking trails.  The view down the mountain is the NYC skyline so it is quite beautiful.  The ceremony will be outside, on a small lawn with a little gazebo arch.  The building is a restaurant on the bottom, with a banquet hall on the second floor, and the menu is insane.  There's so much food!  I kept asking, "How many of these options do we get to pick?" and the manager said, "All of them."  And the price is quite reasonable.  We are paying $119/pp++ for everything.  

I have heard nice things about The Mill at Spring Lake on TK but haven't been there personally.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

• Options
    Knoll Country Club. We got married there in May and were way under that budget for an absolutely insane amount of food!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards