Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

Are these shoes ok?

emz101emz101 member
5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
Ok after searching I finally found shoes I like, however they are so not 'wedding shoes'. Since I don't wear heels I wanted to buy something I actually like and were inexpensive. Are they ok or are they not weddingy enough? I mean really who notices the bride's shoes anyway?

Re: Are these shoes ok?

• Options
    I like those!!! Very cute.

I'm very strongly considering either leopard print heels or heels with a skull on them. I'm still a bride and it's still a wedding. I think the shoes are great place to let your personality shine if you want to be more traditional over all. And if you're wearing a long dress they won't really be seen much for the pearl clutchers in the world.
  • Options
    I think they're really cute! As long as you're comfortable in them, that's the most important thing, I think they're fine.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    edited July 2014

If you have a long dress, nobody will even see your shoes.  But, I like the idea of finding wedding shoes that are a bit more fun, since you can, and preferably ones that you can wear again. 

My one big tip is: ARE THEY COMFORTABLE?  You will be on your feet all day.  Wear them for a day and if your feel are blistered and killing you, find different shoes.

Here's the shoes I wore for my wedding. They don't look like typical "wedding" shoes, they weren't exactly cheap (I got them at Saks outlet store for $180... originally $400), but they are super comfortable.  And they look good with a variety of outfits (from dresses to blue jeans), so they are wearable post-wedding (which makes the cost easier to handle). I don't wear heels often either and as a result they usually kill my feet when I do wear them, but I wore these all day with no blisters or any pain, while on my feet and dancing.  So, these are definitely my go-to dress shoes now (and likely will be for many years)... I'm actually wearing them in a couple weeks with a black bridesmaid dress for my sisters wedding.

• Options
    Oh, and I do actually like your shoes for a wedding. I think they are very fun and cute.  And if you do choose to show them off in photos, I think they will look great for that also.

• Options
    Your marriage will be invalid with striped shoes.

Nah, they're super cute. Mine are turquoise suede. Go for it!

• Options
    Those are so cute! Love them! Then again, I adore stripes. Great pick.
    Happiness is an inside job
  • Options

These are my wedding shoes. I think they are gorgeous and wedding-appropriate but I've had a few people (my grandma for example) say that these are club-hog (what is a club-hog exactly?) shoes and not fit for my wedding. A) they won't be seen under by dress and b) I think they are sparkly and fabulous.

Moral of Story: Go with what you like and want - screw other's opinions(and I don't say that often because sometimes other people know what the are talking about). It's about what you love and are comfortable in.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    No those monstrosities are not ok! 
    Just kidding, they kick ass!! 

@lolo883 Mine are also teal suede :) 

• Options
    I love the stripes. They're fun.

I'm still sullen because I want these shoes, and cannot have them. Yes, I know they're silly, but moons and stars! I almost cried because I want them so. They do not even vaguely match my dress, they hurt my feet, and are five times my budget, even on sale. But, moons and stars! 
  • Options
    Those shoes are AWESOME!  I kind of want to find those for my every day wardrobe now.  
  • Options
    They are seriously awesome. And really really too young for me, but I covet them. (They're on sale at DSW. Only a pitiful 450. Down from 1000 something. Giuseppe Zanotti. I will have to love them from afar. Like the Johnny Depp of shoes.)
    (Sorry for thread jacking. But moons and stars!)
  • Options
    It depends on your dress, for example, IMO, they might be nice with a mermaid satin gown but wrong with a tulle ballgown. 
  • Options
    Very cute

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I will tell you that my wedding shoes were my biggest financial regret. I went for the traditional bridal shoe and spent $70.00 to find a pair I liked which is more then I typically spend on shoes. Well guess what, now I've got a pair of $70.00 that I can't wear again because they scream bridal and I can't get a bite when it comes to selling them. I wish I wouldn't have cared about matching the look and gone for a pair of shoes that I loved & could wear again. If you love these shoes & they are comfortable, go for it!!!
  • Options
    If you like them, go for it!  I think shoes are a great way to show your personality.  I really doubt that I will be wearing heels at all as my wedding is outside and we're having a bonfire reception.  
  • Options
    Those are awesome! I didn't wear "wedding shoes" either.
  • Options
    If they make you happy, they're perfect.
  • Options
    I love them. They look fun yet sophisticated.
  • Options
    they rock!
  • Options
    They are wedding shoes if you wear them to your wedding. I like them :)
  • Options
    Those shoes are great, and you'll actually wear them again, I'm sure! Make sure your photog gets pics that show off your shoes!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards