Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

Status on Mix

Hey all, so we went to Mix Sunday evening and I asked around about what's going to happen to it with the Delano rebrand. The manager confirmed the name would be changed and the menu will be changing, but they have a recently executed five year lease so the restaurant will be staying around for a while. The decor may be changed in the spring but probably not before that. The big issue they're working on is that apparently the upper level flying saucer doesn't comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act so the restaurant is no longer permitted to use it. I guess regulation trumps common sense, so the restaurant is not able to just not try to seat someone in a wheel chair in an area only accessible by stairs, they can't use it at all now. So, they're deciding if and when they may shut down for a month or two to alter, rip out or replace that part of the venue. That being the case, if anyone is considering booking something between now and next spring, it could be risky since Mandalay has been known to cancel contracts for remodels. They screwed people who had receptions booked at Fleur De Lys (closed to remodel and become Fleur), Rum Jungle (closed) and China Grill (closed). I wouldn't be surprised if they do choose to close it for a remodel, that they won't care about who has it booked during the time they choose. Anyway, service and food were stellar as always. Only three people are left that were working on our wedding night so that was sad. Rev Roland who married us joined us for dinner so that part was great; he's really interesting when you have a few hours to get to know him better.

Married in Vegas - June 2011

Re: Status on Mix

• Options

Ooh, thanks for that info, we had planned to get up there on the 28 September for a few drinks after our wedding to watch the sunset at about 6ish, I've been trying to email them for weeks to find out whether they'll be open and finally got a response the other day saying "Mix won’t be renovating in September. So you are welcome to join us for drinks. "

So I guess we'll take our chances and hope they haven't changed their minds by the time we get there! 

VG, what do you mean by upper level flying saucer, is that the outside bit of the lounge where you can go for drinks?  No idea of the layout of Mix, but i'm hoping we'll be able to go for just a few drinks with a fab view

• Options
    In the restaurant portion, there's this huge round upper level; you can see it in the picture here:

http://bernhardtdesign.com/img/discover/jouin/4-Mix-Las-Vegas.jpg

I call it the flying saucer.  It used to be a private seating area that would fit about 20 or 30 guests.  Due to the fact that it is not handicap accessible, they are not allowed to use it at all for any guest or they could be sued under the ADA.

• Options
    That's such a shame that is a gorgeous private dining area...
  • Options
    Well, I will be getting married under the flying saucer on Oct 18th and I will let you all know how it goes. Believe me if the decor changes and I don't have that white with the glass bubbles -  You will know about it because the head lines will read "Bride Throws people from the mix lounge rooftop!"
    Anniversary
  • Options
    vegasgroom Can you find any information on the suites other then what we already see on-line - The suite I got is formally the "T" Suite and it is not listed on-line. I'm trying to find the new floor plan. I am seriously concerned it will not be the same lay out and my guest will be squished into a terrible space. UGHHHH - I'm so annoyed.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Unfortunately I'm not sure what's going on with the Delano rooms.  I would be surprised if they actually changed the floor plans other than maybe moving a dresser or night stands; I was under the impression that they were just gutting the rooms and redecorating; i.e. all new wall treatments, curtains, paint, bathroom fixtures, etc.

• Options
    @jayjaay, do you have mlife?  If log in through Mlife and go to book a Delano room it has some photos...that might help.
    We had our dream wedding at Mirage on May 3, 2014! 
  • Options
    @ktbabe530‌ I do I'll try that, thanks!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    I was just at Mandalay/THEHotel a few weeks ago and echo VG's thoughts on the change over to the Delano. The lobby was curtained off for work, but it did not seem like any big construction going on and the rooms were still open to booking at THEHotel when we were there.

I also just booked a suite at The Delano for the days we will be in town for our February wedding (we are doing our ceremony at THEChapel and our reception at Aureole). We booked right on the site and the room configurations from the photos look exactly the same as those at THEHotel. It looks like as VG said that the upgrades are for furniture and soft furnishings. I bet the larger suites will remain the same save for new furnishings too. And the promo pics of them look really nice!

• Options
    Ugh. I love the flying saucer. I wish they could just build a beautiful, curving ramp along the other side of it (same style as the stairs, but a ramp instead).
  • Options
    Or a transporter!  Problem solved.

• Options
    @ktbabe530‌ I can see that layout, thank you but, that unfortunately isn't the suite I have :-( At this point I'm just throwing my hands up and it will be, what it will be
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards