Not Engaged Yet

Friday!!!!!

Re: Friday!!!!!

• @blackbird230 yay!!!! Congrats on the job interview. Hopefully it goes well. Sending you lots of job vibes!
    Anniversary

• @Blackbird230 - good luck with the interview!
  • @blackbird230 good luck with the interview! I feel like such a slacker, we haven't picked out wedding bands yet. We know what we want, it's just buying them that we're lazy about.

@minskat30 sending all the vibes that you guys close today! I'm guessing Home Depot is the first official stop after closing on a home because that's where I went to right after I closed on my house to buy a washer and dryer. What type of fencing are you getting? We want to get new fencing for our property but I can't decide yet.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • @swazzle I know so do I!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :-)

Anniversary

• @minskat30 - I'm staying about 30 minutes outside of the city. I'll have a rental car, but I don't know how I feel about driving into the city on my own. I'm kinda hoping that some coworkers from the office I've visiting suggest doing something after work. We'll see!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • @Buddysmom80 - I know, right?  Home Depot will be our home for a while if this closes...this home is a fixer (but a lovely one).  We are thinking of wood fencing that is 6 feet.  That fence is priority #1 for me because I really, really want our dog to have a yard already (and, like most Great Pyrs, he isn't reliable not to "wander").  :)
  • @Blackbird - you ride? What kind of Horses?

I'll be spending the weekend with my family and going to schlitterbahn on Sunday.
  • @Hummingbird125 - I know how you feel about driving in the city...not the easiest.  I think Lollapalooza is going on this weekend too so I'd stay away from that area unless you like crowds.  Maybe you can drive to an El station nearby that has parking and just take the El into the city?
  • @Blackbird230 yay good luck with the interview

@Minskat30 I hope you are able to close on the home today and everything works out for you guys.  I guess we could use the name too, it seems a bit strange though somehow.  Although H mentioned he didn't really like it I don't know if that was because he was trying to make me feel better or if that's true.  I guess I shouldn't worry until I actually get pregnant or something :-) :-)

Anniversary

• @Blackbird230 -Good luck with your interview!!
  • @minskat30 - I'm staying about 30 minutes outside of the city. I'll have a rental car, but I don't know how I feel about driving into the city on my own. I'm kinda hoping that some coworkers from the office I've visiting suggest doing something after work. We'll see!

Chicago is a super easy city to drive in... it's no Boston!!!

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

• es14bw said:
    @Blackbird - you ride? What kind of Horses?

I'll be spending the weekend with my family and going to schlitterbahn on Sunday.

SITB

I own a 20 year old QH gelding named Bo. He's a grumpy old man and I love him. I ride 100% Western and will eventually be learning how to barrel race.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • @peaseblossom55 - When we were REALLY little, my mom would basically tell us she had a 'perfect child' that lived in the basement that she would threaten us with, her name was Madeleine.  'If you don't put these toys away, I'm going to give them to Madeleine'.  We still talk about Madeleine to this day!!  Sorry somebody else is using "your" name.

@Blackbird230 - YAY for your interview!

@minskat30 - I hope this time the house closing works out for you and everything can be done and signed and overwith!  Buying a house is stressful enough let alone everything else they threw at you!  When FI and I visited Chicago, we just got a 7-day transit ticket; Google maps would tell us what buses/train to take (if you do this - once you get your directions, take a screenshot).

Anniversary
  • @Twodimes yay for the one year countdown!

@Dignity100 That story is so funny, the strange things parents do!  I'll get over it eventually. :-)

Anniversary

• @TwoDimes -WHERE IS YOUR COUNTDOWN TICKER?!?!?!?
  • Haaaapppyyy Friday!! 

So remember months ago, when FI's best friend was supposed to come visit, and we were all convinced that she was bringing the ring? Well, she's FINALLY ACTUALLY coming to visit this weekend!! 

They'll be here tomorrow morning, so we'll do something fun here, and then head over to Albany. The boys are going to drop us off at DB so she can look for a dress, and can see my dress, and then the four of us will go to dinner - I think we're going to try Bonefish Grill. We'll probably play some CAH at night. 

Sunday, we'll go to breakfast at our favorite diner, maybe go to the driving range, depending on the weather, and then they'll head home. 

That's about it!

*******************************************************************************************

• @Blackbird230- Very cool. I have a 11yr old Saddlebred that I ride english - We just prance around....
    Although I grew up in the country with horses I've never ridden western. Wonder how different it feels.

• @severmilli12, good luck at the new job!

@buddysmom80, cake. Also boo for limited access.

@pepperally, healthy vibes for your dog!

@dignity100, 30 miles! Still a long distance.

@southernpeach89, recipe for the trifle?

@hummingbird125, have fun in Chicago!

@swazzle, have fun on vacation!

@blackbird230, good luck with the interview!

@minskat30, fingers crossed on closing now ...

@goldenpenguin, have fun with your friend!
  • es14bw said:
    @Blackbird230- Very cool. I have a 11yr old Saddlebred that I ride english - We just prance around....
    Although I grew up in the country with horses I've never ridden western. Wonder how different it feels.

I rode both growing up, but mostly English. Western is less work, haha, so it's a little more relaxing, actually. No posting, deeper saddle, etc. I did jumping and dressage, and you get a lot more "feel" than in Western.

*******************************************************************************************

• One minute, @TwoDimes? You couldn't wait one minute? AW-ish thread posted, mostly for discussions of other people's best days ever.
  • @GoldenPenguin, sometimes I wish Bo would go English. I kind of miss it.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • @southernpeach89 Will you be my wife too? Your H is a lucky man! Also, I'm gonna need you to overnight that Reese's truffle to Texas.... yeah... 

@severmilli12 I can't stop laughing at that Blossom gif! I miss that show. Try to enjoy your last day of work, and please post pics of your hair trial or the MOB dress! I'm really digging the half up half down braided one you posted. 

@lmcooper86 Sorry if this has already been asked a bazillion times in this thread, but how is FI? Did his headache ever go away?

@buddysmom80 So glad you guys talked last night! And also, HOORAY FOR CAKE TASTING! I think that is by far the best part about wedding planning lol.

@Dignity100 Good luck on your bike ride tomorrow! That sounds really intense! A friend of mine is part of a cycling group that does 30-50 mile rides once a week, and he absolutely loves it. Cycling has become one of his passions, and he's been trying to convince us to start riding with him. You'll have to let me know how it goes!

@Hummingbird125 Enjoy your first business trip! I hope you're able to find time to go out and explore Chicago. It's such a great city, and this time of year is great for walking around and exploring. I went last summer for a conference at the end of June, and it was so chilly at night that the restaurants had the heaters on in the patio areas! It was awesome!

@Pepperally Sorry to hear about your pup :( I can't believe teeth can affect the kidneys. I had no idea! 

@swazzle Holy shit, a torn ligament? :-\ No bueno. But yay for awesome New England trip! You guys are going to have so much fun! Boston is one of my favorite cities.

@Peaseblossom55 I don't think that's irrational at all! When FI and I first started dating, he wanted to pick out names for our future children (he then would sometimes pat my stomach and call it one of those names... yeah, he was a little creepy there at first). Anyway, one of the names for a boy that I'd loved for years had already been used for one of his cousins, and I was so upset. It was silly and ridiculous, but it felt like a dream had been ruined somehow. We've since come up with names that we both like though, which I guess is more special than a name I like and he's just OK with. Anyway, my point with all that is that you are most definitely not crazy or irrational for feeling that way. 

@KeptInStitches Check Walmart. We bought a "wire" shelf there for maybe $40 or $50 a few years ago and used it as a pantry. It was really sturdy and held up for a long time. Also, YOU ARE A TEASE!

@Blackbird230 YAY FOR MONDAY INTERVIEW! 

@minskat30 Crossing my fingers for you today! Even though the sellers are shady as hell...

@es14bw I love Schlitterbaun! Have a great day there with your family! 

@TwoDimes Sending good vibes for your photographer meeting tonight! I hope it all works out! AND ONE YEAR!!!!!

@GoldenPenguin Aren't you glad you didn't have to wait for her visit to get the most beautiful ring ever? Have fun this weekend!

FI is taking me to lunch today at a BBQ restaurant near my office. He stayed late a few nights to help an engineer with some stuff who's out in California, and the engineer sent him a gift card to this restaurant as a thank you. So excited for my turkey, BBQ sauce, green beans, and roll. Om nom nom. Tonight I'm gonna make FI mac n cheese for dinner, and I'll eat a Smart Ones meal or something... and then we're going to unpack more and watch more episodes of Attack on Titan. It's a really good anime! I think tonight I'll also make an appointment to get my nails redone before FI gets home... it's been like 3 weeks, so they're all grown out and peeling and nasty. Oops.

Tomorrow FI and I need to do some last minute cleaning touch ups at the old place, and then I think we'll go ahead and turn in our keys. Our lease ends August 6, but meh. We're all paid up and the place is empty, clean, and out of our way on a weekday... so yeah. Then we'll run errands, unpack more, and then probably have people over to watch Sharknado 2 later that night. 

Sunday we may go see a matinee of Guardians of the Galaxy. Other than that, no plans! :)

• @southernpeach89, and I will sit down with a spoon and eat it all ok thank you.

What size is your trifle bowl? I now find I need one but don't know how big I need.
  • @KeptInStitches -I have no idea lol. I received it as a bday gift last year and I know it came from Crate and Barrel so I guess their standard size sold in their store? I'm sorry I suck.
  • @southernpeach89 I'm thinking about making that trifle for FI when he gets back as a "I'm so happy you're home, I missed you so much, please don't ever leave me alone for that long again" surprise! Thanks for sharing the recipe link.
    Anniversary

• @keptinstiches I made a trifle this past weekend and I used a big clear bowl that I had lying around. I don't know the size, but I bought it at party city for like 3.99.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • @eilis1228 I'm trying not to be too upset about it hopefully I'll get over it and it will be a non issue when we actually have kids.

Anniversary

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards