Attire & Accessories Forum

Possible bra option for my dress?

PepperallyPepperally member
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
edited August 2014 in Attire & Accessories Forum
I have no clue if I can wear any type of bra with my dress.  I scheduled my first fitting for the beginning of Sept and they told me to bring in possible bra options, but I really don't know if I could even wear one, based on the back of it.  Any suggestions?  I have the dress at my mom's house so I can buy some bras and try them out ahead of time.  Just didn't know where to start, as I the feel the back is too low, where the lace stops.

Re: Possible bra option for my dress?

• Depending on how busty you are, you can have bra cups sewn into the inside of your dress.
  • Yes, thanks.  They did mention that they could do that.  I'm just moderately busty, but I'm older and have lost a lot of weight previously so I need a LOT of support to hoist what I have left up.  That's what concerns me about the cups...that they wouldn't provide support like an underwire would. 
  • Target has this "sticky bra" that I am obsessed with! It comes in sizes A-D and it is literally just bra cups with a clasp in the center and they're covered in adhesive. You stick the cups onto your chest, clasp them together, and done! Lots of companies make these but I specifically recommend the one by Target because of the shape of the cups. Some other shapes can look unnatural and show lines. The best part is, you wash the sticky part with just soap and water when you're done wearing it and the adhesive regenerates so you can wear it again! I've worn mine for tons of events, including summertime parties where I'm kind of sweating a lot and it never comes un-stuck. That sucker stays in place for hours and hours. Seriously! It's a god-send.
  • edited August 2014
    Love that dress! How about doing the sticky bra AND sewn in cups. Between the two there should be a good amount of support.

ETF spelling
  • @novella1186 - thanks!  It sounds like it would be good for squeezing and creating cleavage, since they would sort of be pulling the girls towards each other?
  • I totally love the sticky chicken cutlet bras, but I think I would feel weird wearing them for my wedding day- what if you get frisky later with hubby and he tries to go about undressing you? In my experience, it leaves your boobs feeling sticky afterward as well. It's up to you, experiment! With cups and those sticky boobs you would DEFINITELY get some cleavage and support!

There ARE low low back bras you can get, something like these might work well for you. One has clear straps which could be well hidden underneath the lace.
    imageimage
  • My dress has a similar back, and I'm planning to wear this, with clear straps. 

(It's the Va Bien: Strapless Plunge Backless Bustier) if the link doesn't work.)

I found this to seem much more comfortable and stay in place better than the other low-back styles. 
  • @novella1186 - thanks!  It sounds like it would be good for squeezing and creating cleavage, since they would sort of be pulling the girls towards each other?
    Exactly! That's another awesome thing about it. You can even place the cups slightly further apart so they're pulled together more for a bit more cleavage. And they do NOT leave your boobs feeling sticky after you take them off!
  • I used one of the sticky bras, and the girls were not sticky afterward.
  • Thanks all for the tips! I may buy the sticky bra and the low back core settle and see which one looks and feels the best. I'm glad to hear I have some options after all!
  • @novella1186 - so I bought a sticky bra at Target.  There was one that was cloth covered and then one that is more like a silicone cup...it seemed slightly better as far as shape, plus maybe more padding, which never hurts IMO.  I haven't tried it yet.  Do you use that one or the other one that has the material?  I'm afraid to use it too many times before the wedding but I guess I have to at least try it on now before my fittings. 

I ordered a low back bustier type bra and there was no way once I put it on that it was low enough for the back of my dress, so I didn't even bother to try it on with the dress...I'm returning it.

• Nubra (the fabric one, not silicon one that looks like chicken cutlets) is my best friend. I have the Nubra padded--I think it runs a size small. So for Cs, get a D version or your nips might not get covered all the way.
  • @novella1186 - so I bought a sticky bra at Target.  There was one that was cloth covered and then one that is more like a silicone cup...it seemed slightly better as far as shape, plus maybe more padding, which never hurts IMO.  I haven't tried it yet.  Do you use that one or the other one that has the material?  I'm afraid to use it too many times before the wedding but I guess I have to at least try it on now before my fittings. 

I ordered a low back bustier type bra and there was no way once I put it on that it was low enough for the back of my dress, so I didn't even bother to try it on with the dress...I'm returning it.

I always buy the one with the fabric. In my experience, the other kind tends to show lines or have a weird shape. The fabric ones gives perfect coverage but looks totally natural (expect it adds a bit of cleavage, as mentioned in an earlier post)
  • Ok. Thanks ladies. I just tried it on. Definitely too small. I will get the fabric one perhaps in the next cup size up. I do think the cutlet one could work for me in a larger size, since my wedding gown is rather thick in the bust I doubt you'd see any outlines of these things. But I shall try the fabric one.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards