Knottie Tech Help

The Box

This may be a silly question - but you know how people get "stuck in the box" all the time when they are referencing a particular message on a thread? Well, I don't know how to even create the box to get stuck in it. How do you get the box, noting what you're referencing in a discussion, to show up in your post? TIA!

Re: The Box

• If you hit the quote button at the bottom left of someone's post, it will appear in the comment box below for you to reply.  Sometimes TK goes wonky and you can't write outside of the grey box.  

• Yep, What WG said. And I just want to say I find this post adorable for some reason. welcome to TK!
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Ahhh! It's always something so simple that I try to make more complicated. Thank you @WinstonsGirl & @AddieCake :) I plan on getting SITB soon ;-)
  • Hahaha!
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • So, I just got SITB on my first try! Now, how do I get out of the box??
  • So, I just got SITB on my first try! Now, how do I get out of the box??

I'M STUCK TOO BALLS!

That, my dear, is the great question of our age.
    This baby knows exactly how I feel
  • I find if I click back and try again with the quote button, it works better. When it goes to a new page, or a small box, I can't get out. When it scrolls to the bottom of the page with a bigger box, it works.

• This whole stuck in the box thing never happened when I first joined.  It's probably within the past year.  Add it to the list of things broken that TK will probably never fix.  Things just deteriorate, not get better here.
  • NYCMercedesNYCMercedes member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited August 2014
    There are variances dependent upon whether your box is bright white or pale yellow. I haven't figured out what difference that makes to SITB, however.
  • Yellow means you're in the source viewer. If you have attempted to quote someone, type your response after the </blockquote> tag. Then you should be outside of the box. Hopefully lol

That USUALLY works for me.
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• Yeah, usually it does. Not always, however. I would have expected things to be consistent.
  • Yeah, usually it does. Not always, however. I would have expected things to be consistent.
    I've seen it flicker back and forth a couple times on my phone while it was loading. It was weeeeeird. But, it has made me just accept that I'm going to be, unfortunately, writing my post with HTML tags if I'm posting on mobile. I am not a fan.
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• Cookie PusherCookie Pusher member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited August 2014
    The only way I can quote or reply at all on my tablet is by going to the source viewer. Otherwise, my keyboard never appears.
    ~*~*~*~*~

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards