Just Engaged and Proposals

Can I elope?

I have a date picked out. But I want a destination wedding.  Can we elope before that to have that date?  Then we want our beach wedding.

Re: Can I elope?

• You can elope and have a beach wedding with just you and your husband-to-be like @Jells2dot0 did.

Or, you can just have your beach DW on one day with all of your guests.

Eloping and then having a re-do ceremony (especially if you do not inform guests who plan to attend the re-do ceremony) for the entertainment/approval is looked on unfavorably on these boards, and is referred to as a "Pretty Princess Day."

I'm not sure why you'd want to elope if you plan to have a beach wedding with your guests anyway. I recommend making the best choice between the two options.
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• You can, but that's a pretty lame reason for a do-over.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Why can't you plan a DW for the date you picked out? Despite what others may say on here, planning a DW can be super easy. We eloped to Australia and I spent maybe 3 hours total planning my wedding with the resort.

• You get one wedding day.  ONE! 
    An elopement is when the bride and groom get married without telling anyone in advance.  After they are married, they make phone calls to tell close family members, and mail out wedding announcements to everyone else.  They do not have a fake re-do "wedding".
    You can plan your beach wedding, invite guests, and have that, OR you can elope.  Not both.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • I have a date picked out. But I want a destination wedding.  Can we elope before that to have that date?  Then we want our beach wedding.
    I'm calling MUD. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards