Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

Paris Las Vegas, Chapelle du Paradis

Hello, everyone! This is my first post on "the knot" and I am excited to become a part of this friendly and helpful community!

My wedding date is August 1, 2015, so I've only been planning for a little while. My fiance and I have decided on a ceremony at Paris Las Vegas in the Chapelle du Paradis, and I am wondering if anyone has had any experience with this venue that they would like to share with me. We are especially concerned with photography as many of you have posted negative comments regarding certain companies and photographers. Should I expect this kind of service from Paris as well? 

We've already had a bit of trouble with our wedding planner, Sandra Valentino. She takes ages to respond to emails unless I CC her supervisor. 

Anyway, any and all advice would be very helpful! Thanks, everyone!

Re: Paris Las Vegas, Chapelle du Paradis

• Options
    welcome to the vegas board. happy planning.
  • Options
    Congratulations!  

Do they use Cashman?  If so, there are mixed reviews on here and you can typically pay a fee to use an outside vendor.

We got married at the Mirage and I expressed some concern about the photography after seeing the reviews.  My wedding planner put me in touch directly with Cashman and they were able to send me some samples from other weddings at Mirage that helped calm my nerves.  We ended up going with them since we were having our reception there too and we were really pleased with the photos.  

Good luck and happy planning!
    We had our dream wedding at Mirage on May 3, 2014! 
  • Options
    Welcome to the board!

The last two things I've heard, which are in conflict, is that Paris forces you to use photography from either Picture Perfect Weddings (http://www.pictureperfectwed.com/) or Imagine Las Vegas (not to be confused with Imagine Studios).  Fortunately, as far as I know, they are not currently part of the crew that forces you to use Cashman, which is the worst of the bunch to be forced into.

Sorry I couldn't help you more, but unfortunately if Paris does force you to use a specific vendor, typically it means the prices go up and quality goes down; that's how it seems with all the photography monopolies.  Some resorts do allow you to pay an outside vendor fee to bring in your choice of photographers.

If you can get back to us with any updates after you speak to their chapel folks so we can all have up to date information that would be really appreciated!

Married in Vegas - June 2011

• Options
    Paris currently partners with Image Las Vegas (http://www.imagelasvegas.com/). Does anyone have any experience with this company? My expectations are low as a partnership does seem to imply higher prices and lower quality as vegasgroom pointed out above. Thanks, everyone!
  • Options
    Wow! Thanks so much, missax!! This is exactly what I was looking for! You're the best!
  • Options
    I got married almost 2 years ago at the Chapelle du Jardin.  I believe it was Imagine LV.  (I think)
    The pics we had done with them were good.  We had a young female photog and she was really quite good.  We were only supposed to get a certain # of prints with our wedding package. Well they goofed and printed all of them.  They just gave them to me. No extra charge.

We did buy the disc and I can't remember the cost, but it wasn't cheap.

Todd did other pics for us.  Unfortunately it decided to absolutely pour rain for 2 straight hours and cause flash flooding in LV, so we didn't get all of the shots we wanted outdoors.  He did the best with what he had to work with.
  • Options
    Thank you, lanamilo. This is all very reassuring. :)
  • Options
    I am having the same issue with Sandra. Still unsure how my package upgrades are going to get to her. :/
  • Options
    Knottie03864876, I've found that CC'ing chapels@caesars.com considerably improves the timing of her responses. I know it's kind of a bitch move, but I've gotten fed up with waiting 4+ days for answers to important questions. :/
  • Options
    The Caesars group allows outside photographers (for a fee) at The Flamingo and Imperial Palace (now known as The Quad). You might want to ask if it's possible to pay the fee at Paris as well. It wasn't much; we paid $250, if I remember correctly. We also paid a fee for outside floral, so I get them mixed up.
  • Options
    I'm getting married at paris I'm October and Sandra is my coordinator. She told me that they reach out to you a month before the wedding to get your final selections. When I first booked months ago, it did take a few days but she has been more responsive the closer we get to the wedding date. With the number of weddings taking place (likely several weddings every hour everyday) you will get a slow response if your wedding is months out.

That being said, has anyone had her as a coordinator and already married? How was she?
  • Options
    TH28754, it's good to know that Sandra picks up the pace closer to the date of the actual wedding. I think that she just came back from a vacation and seems to be much more energetic about responding. ;)
  • Options
    So I just found out (one month from wedding) that Sandra is not at Paris anymore. Someone else will contact us all.... grand....
  • Options
    I met with Sandra for my tour on Sept 3. I emailed her card to reserve my date and Tina is now my coordinator. She's been pretty fast and responsive, but seeing as how I'm 7 months out I'm not too worried if its taking her a few days to get back to me. The Chapel is so beautiful and the prices are so reasonable that I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt. I read a lot of times in Vegas coordinators come and go but thousands of brides still get married there and so I have faith whoever it is will have their S together for a 15 min ceremony :)
  • Options
    Knottie03, when did you find that out?  I just heard from her last week and my wedding is October 11. 
  • Options
    Just yesterday. Mine is the 28th, and I emailed her for something. She got back saying someone else has our files, and will be emailing us shortly. Apparently she is now at Planet Hollywood.
  • Options
    Thanks Andrea :)
  • Options
    It must be really difficult for you and your fiance to deal with changing coordinators on such a short notice. :( I would love to hear about your experience when all is said and done. Thanks for the info Knottie, and good luck!
  • Options
    I believe we had Tina now over 2 years ago. I didn't contact her for anything, but she told me that a month before, she'd get in touch with me and we'd get it all set up. I think about 5 weeks before I got an email to start the floral, music, etc set up. We emailed back and forth and got it done in a few days. I only had a small bouquet, corsage for mom and sis. Boutoniere for my dad and stepson. My DH wore his military uniform, so no flowers for him.
  • Options
    I talked to the coordinator at Paris. Sandra is swapping with someone else. Right now they are both supporting Paris and PH (alternating days) until they fully transition. Given my day, Sandra is still covering.
  • Options
    Elizabeth is my coordinator currently. We are getting married at the Chapelle du Jardin in June. It has been an issue getting responses, but I suppose that it is true that since the wedding is far out it's not too worrisome. I too did notice that cc'ing chapels@caesars gets you a response much quicker.

Photos are one of the most important wedding aspects to me, and I wasn't thrilled with a lot of the photos I saw on the Imagine website, so I am glad that I am hearing people loved their photos.
  • Options

tovegasorbust,

I had my wedding there in October.  I found that they all have access to the same files so if I neeed to change something or had a question, calling the main number and asking if the person that answered could help me usually worked wonders. 

For me photography and videography were extremely important (including having the photo release).  I just wasn't thrilled with Imagine and Paris indicated they wouldn't allow outside photographers.  I made a fuss because PH is also owned by Ceasars, has the same inhouse photographer, and did allow outside photography for a fee.  They ended up allowing me to do it and I had Imagine Studios LV do the photos.  They were amazing. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards