Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums
Options

When to do hair trial

I've been debating the hair/makeup trial because of the cost... but I think ultimately I've decided to do it. I know it's common to get this done before a party such as a shower, which sounds like a good idea to me, except the people I've hired for hair and makeup don't do trials Friday-Sunday. Which I get, since it'll be wedding season, but when else would I do it? I'm taking almost no days off between now and November, and I'm probably not going to get an updo and full makeup before work one day LOL. So now I'm stuck. Anyone else run into this? I wonder if they have any flexibility in this.

Re: When to do hair trial

• Options
    drewisesupdrewisesup member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited August 2014
    I would strongly recommend a hair and makeup trial. My sister-in-law did neither, and she was not pleased with her hair OR makeup on her actual wedding day, and it took much longer than it would have if everyone had known the game plan ahead of time (she was late to the church because of it). You could get your hair and/or makeup done on a weeknight and plan a special date night with your fiance! :)
  • Options
    I would recommend getting the trial done as well. I made some changes to my make up after my trial and I was able to see it on myself in some pictures I took later. I would have been unhappy with it if it had been like that on my wedding day.

As for when to do it, I wouldn't worry about "wasting" it. I considered it a beauty expense for my wedding. If I hadn't had anywhere to go it still wasn't a waste because I was able to figure out I wanted something different.
  • Options
    I'm doing mine on a random Saturday morning a little over a month before the wedding. I feel like I'm "wasiting" it kind of too, but hopefully we can go out to dinner or something that night. The bonus to doing it in the morning is you can see how long it will last throughout the day!

• Options
    I'm using the same hairstylist that cuts and colors my hair every 8-10 weeks so when I schedule my cut and colors, she is is just going to book the slot for a little longer and I'll just show her a new picture each cut and color and she's going to style it for me instead of just 1 big hair trial. For my April '15 wedding we are probably going to start in Dec/Jan.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    @caitlinmca--nice! That sounds like a good setup, I feel like I MIGHT get lucky and love the trial hairstyle but more than likely I'll need some adjustments for the wedding day hair, this way you can have a lot of adjustments haha. @birdybride2014, a very good point! Hmm. That would kind of solve my "hair up or hair down" debate, if a "down" hairstyle would last all day. Decisions, decisions.
  • Options
    I think it is also a great idea to do it before you have a dress fitting! I know when I bought my dress it was hard to picture everything all together. This is the approach I am taking for my hair trial!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards