Texas-Austin

Indoor Wedding venues in austin texas

ladies! Im discouraged.. Im having my wedding in Austin (open to Houston) in AUG 2015, im in the military and not from texas at all. my venue (lake travis event center) had to cancel on me and it was PERFECT! now i have no idea where to have the wedding. Please help! here are things i would like.

Indoors with AC!
Seating for 150 (we have about 120 coming)
Tables, Chairs, Linens provided.
Outside Catering Available
In our price range ($3000 or the cheaper the better)

Anything else is wonderful, but after this one being cancelled im just trying to find something in our price range and fits our needs. Please Help!

Re: Indoor Wedding venues in austin texas

• shaylagirlshaylagirl member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    edited August 2014
    Are you looking for a ceremony/reception site, just a reception site or just a ceremony site?

I'm going to assume you're looking for a ceremony/reception site.  I have no idea what some of these sites provide/offer, but, they're starting points!!

Some previous suggestions:
    The Thurman Mansion
    Vista at Seward Hill
    Villa Antonia
    Memory Lane Events Center (a previous bride used them and mentioned they give a military discount)
    Caswell House
    Flying T Ranch (Bertram)
    I BELIEVE the Paige House in Georgetown is another wedding location as well
    Zilker Park Clubhouse is another one I've heard recommended

I'm not sure what your overall budget is, but, I hosted my reception at Trattoria Lisina in Driftwood.  I hosted up to, I believe 65-70 people and paid $3500 for the reception space/linens/china/food/booze/wait staff who plated the meal for everyone.  I know the price goes up the more people you want to bring, but the space is beautiful, the food was fantastic, which is why I'm not sure if that would fit your budget since you wouldn't need to hire an outside caterer.  It's also worth mentioning as they might be able to host the ceremony out there too, but I'm not sure.  Especially with it being outside, that might not be an option, but thought I'd toss it out there.

I hope something on that list helps!!

• Hey Knottie, I am getting married next October (a tad out---military also). I have looked around so much at venues. We are keeping it small with immediate family and a few close friends to save on budget and time constraints. Depending on what kind of theme or look you are going there are so many cool places around the Driftwood to Drippings Springs area. We are doing Chapel Dulcinea wedding (free chapel but, you can donate the small deposit) and we are doing a caterer at a microbrewery, and rented a big ranch for our immediate family to enjoy. We stayed at a $5-6k budget for now, with the ranch being the most expensive part. It will be tight for us.

I also fell in love with the Vineyard in Florence. I would suggest you guys going to their Sunday brunch and walk around and check it out. I really loved it. If money/budget was open, I would of gone with that place. Salt Lick actually has some really great venues available too with catering outside of their BBQ menu. The Wildflower Barn is fairly reasonable prices also and looks gorgeous. The Flat Creek Estates winery in Marble Falls is one of my favorite places too. They have a great all inclusive meal/location on their website. We try to go out there and eat. There food and atmosphere is always great.

I am sorry your venue cancelled but, don't get discouraged. There are so many neat places around that area. Wishing you good luck! :)

• Hi,

You should check out VFW Post 4443. 

They have tables and chairs, maybe linens too. They have a fully equipped kitchen and a bar with coolers and a great outdoor picnic area with grills.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards