Wisconsin

Hair/Makeup in Milwaukee?

Hi Ladies,

I have my ceremony in downtown Milwaukee.  I had heard good things about Moda, but can't get a hold of the coordinator to book anything so I'm throwing in the towel.  What do you recommend for downtown/Third Ward?  I had my hair done out in Brookfield for a wedding at Vici Capelli (totally spelled wrong) and am considering going out there because I'm clueless.  I don't want to just pick a place based on websites or anythig like that.  Can you tell me the places you've had good experiences, particularily with hair?

Thanks,
Lindsay

Re: Hair/Makeup in Milwaukee?

• edited December 2011
    my personal stylist is elif @ zen the salon in shorewood. she has been doing my hair and is AMAZING. her prices are competative, and she is great. I am sure any of her staff are just as great (she recently opened her own salon, zen).
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
  • jberg134jberg134 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm having my hair done at Illustria Salon and Academy on 1st Street in Walkers Point.  http://www.illustriasalon.com/
    September 2011 Siggy Challange: Honeymoon!
    image 145 Made the cut!
    image 59 Are ready to celebrate! image 23 Are missing out! image 65 Don't know the meaning of RSVP!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • HPollenHPollen member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am going to Roots Salon in Greendale, but I know they just opened another location, in the 3rd ward as well as their other location in Brookfield.  www.myrootssalon.com

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Lyra1020Lyra1020 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm quite a few months out, but I'll be getting my hair and makeup done at Stella's in the Washington Heights neighborhood of Milwaukee. http://www.stellas5050.com/
  • edited December 2011
    I had my hair and makeup done in downtown Milwaukee for my June 2011 wedding. I am new to the Milwaukee area and these places were recommended by my sister in law.

Both places were professional and did a great job!

Hair - Erik of Norway on Milwaukee Ave
    Makeup - Blush in Third Ward 249 N Water (Katie)

• edited December 2011
    Beauty is near the 3rd ward. Or the Aveda Institute. : ) They both do beautiful work. The Institute is cheaper. Beauty is a GREAT little salon. Two locations,on in 3rd ward and one on Brady. I highly recommend both. 
  • edited December 2011
    I highly recommend Freya Salon for hair (just a little south of the Third Ward in the Bay View neighborhood of Milwaukee).
  • edited December 2011
    I have to second Freya! They are the best!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    I didn't end up getting mine done at Beauty because I got a deal through a friend of a friend, but the wedding hair coordinator was so nice and responsive and if I hadn't had a friend, I would've definitely used them.  I would avoid GLOW Salon at ALL COSTS - I had my nails done there and they broke twice before my wedding.  I got them done on a Thursday, one nail was lifting and broken by Thursday night, and the other broke the morning of my wedding.  The manager is completely clueless and less than helpful.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards