Wisconsin
Options

Kids at Wedding

What is everyone's take of inviting kids to our wedding?

FormerlyMsKrop

Re: Kids at Wedding

• Options
    jberg134jberg134 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I need an "other" option.  We have a "no kids under age 5" rule, with one exception for FI's goddaughter's youngest since he and his siblings are in the wedding.  This way the kids of family members are invited, but any kids that belong to the bridal party (no fam. members in BP) or other friends will not be there.  We have limited space and a limited budget, so this works the best for us.
    September 2011 Siggy Challange: Honeymoon!
    image 145 Made the cut!
    image 59 Are ready to celebrate! image 23 Are missing out! image 65 Don't know the meaning of RSVP!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    For us, our guest list has 63 kids under the age of 12.  Granted almost all of those are family members.  We are not inviting all of our and our parent's friends' kids to the wedding.  It gets to be too many people and space and money are a factor for sure. 
  • Options
    leah2489leah2489 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have kids, and all of my close friends have young kids so I can't exclude them from our big day. The kids are all just as excited as we are :)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We're not really inviting kids, it's just easier. I don't think our friends with kids want to bring them along, I think they would rather get a babysitter and be able to enjoy themselves.

(we only are inviting about 5 people with kids, so I don't think it would be abig deal wither way, I just think it's easier this way.)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    All my friends and families children are invited. I love children, and I figure if they want to get a babysitter that their own personal option.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

We are having an adults-only wedding ceremony and reception.  If we invited kids, there would be upwards to 30-40 children invited and we don't have the room to accommodate them.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    HannasMOHHannasMOH member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Kids under 9 have to go the a room across the hall with a sitter.  They will have pizza, crafts movies and games to play with. 
  • Options
    kittykatwi13kittykatwi13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_wisconsin_kids-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:118Discussion:e7b6630f-3a2e-4834-a19b-eb38170b4a45Post:4ef20692-7319-4233-94eb-448d5bc85dd7">Re: Kids at Wedding</a>:
    [QUOTE]Kids under 9 have to go the a room across the hall with a sitter.  They will have pizza, crafts movies and games to play with. 
    Posted by HannasMOH[/QUOTE]
    How did you tell your guests this? I don't have kids but know a lot of my friends wouldn't trust any sitter they didn't pick out and would be offended they brought them and then they got shoved to another room. Now me I like the idea :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Misty726Misty726 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We'll have somewhere around 25 kids at our reception.  With all our family there most won't have anyone to babysit.  We desgined a kids' table.  I bought clear plastic bowls with lots of candy to fill them, a few travel games, glow bracelets, bead necklaces,  and have coloring supplies.  The ages vary for the kids so I wanted to have something for all of them to keep busy.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards