Wedding Photography and Videography Forum

How to pick between two photographers in CT.

I am torn between Derek Halkett photography and Danielle from russell''s photography in CT. They both are great people and both priced the same. Does anyone have any experience with either? Please help!!!

Answers

• You'll get better responses on your local board.  This is an international board.

http://forums.theknot.com/categories/local-wedding-boards_connecticut
  • Here's my quick suggestions for you how to decide…
    - Look for a number of wedding, not just one good wedding. Look at the composition of the photos. 
    - Take a good look at group photos, everyone LOVES the photojournalistic poses of the B&G - but they often overlook the group images. You know the one of your whole family that you mom wants on the mantle. Don't get caught up in the still life pics - anyone can put a ring on a heel of a pretty shoe or take a photo of a dress in a window - just tell them you want it.
    Ask about back up cameras. Second shooters. What type of lenses do they prefer and why. How do they deal with lighting. Do they have experience at your venue?
    - Do you get the digital rights? Do you get ALL the photos or how many? Are they edited? What does edited mean to them? How big will you be able to print them/ how large will the files be? --- Turn around time.
    - And above all - are you comfortable around them??

Consider these things to start when selecting a photog and like V&R said, ask on your local board. GL! :)
    :kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

• Hi,

I am not sure if you decided between those 2 photographers but I love mine!  He is amazing and shooting my June 2015 Wedding!  He did my engagement shoot and the pics are GREAT!  Might be worth looking into him... annandalephotography.com 

Cheers,
    SS :)  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards