Hawaii

Maui wedding vendors review

iwediwed member
First Comment First Anniversary
Hi knotties!! I just wanted to review my recent maui wedding because I found my vendor thru the knot and I cant thank our fellow knotties enough for all your help. Our wedding was amazing!!! This was the first time we've ever been to maui and we definitely want to go back! Here's my review on our vendors, hope I am able to help someone else's wedding dreams come true. Merriman's Kapalua- absolutely amazing!! The pictures doesn't nearly compare to seeing it in person. I worked with Danielle Kuck initially and she was very prompt and nice with her email exchanges, but then she got promoted so she passed her position on to others. I exchanged emails with a few other girls, but it was mostly Valerye and she was also nice. I sent tons and tons of emails filled with questions and concerns and I always received an email back within a few days. We had a rehearsal the day before the wedding and it went fairly well and quick. We got to taste test wine and champagne for our wedding and made our selections then. The day of the wedding went beautifully! The weather was perfect and everything went smoothly. Our wedding ceremony was on the deck, cocktail hr on the deck as well, and dinner was in the private dining room out looking the Kapalua bay. The food was the best I have ever had in maui!!! Our guest are still talking about our wedding and the food! Everything from appetizer to dessert was delicious! My only complaint is that the wedding was way too short! Our wedding started at 5 and ended at 10. Everything went so quickly and on such a time schedule that we hardly got to enjoy everyone, but that's out of everyone's control. Tamiz photography- loved loved them!! Rebecca and Jonathan are the sweetest couple ever and they take AMAZING pictures!! They are definitely a hefty $$$, but I definitely think they are worth every dime you got. I also did a photo shoot with Rebecca and am so glad I was able to make it work into our busy wedding/vacation schedule because "Dahlia" was a wonderful experience! It allowed me to try to show my true beauty and definitely made things more relaxing and comfortable the day of the wedding since I already met Rebecca. The day of the wedding, they were right on time and made sure we were on schedule with everything. I definitely recommend them!!! Dellables- beautiful flowers!!! I worked with trish for a long time and she was beyond sweet! She always responded to her emails within the day and always returned my emails with suggestions and ideas. She sent me tons and tons of etsy and Pinterest ideas and helped me brainstorm for that perfect picture I was looking for. She was like my wedding coordinator in a way? I loved her so dearly and she was so easy to work with. Unfortunately, she stopped working for Dellables for personal reasons a few months before my wedding which just made me real sad and nervous since I had no idea if the person taking over her position would be as awesome as her. Della (the owner) took over and she was also very sweet. She had a few hiccups along the way since they were transitioning their business without trish, but overall it went well. Della called me and we discussed every detail about the wedding and outlined what I wanted. I had to contact her a few times because the invoices would have a few things missing here and there so we needed it to be corrected. Leading up to the wedding, the flowers was so beautiful!! Everything I asked for and more. Dellables definitely delivered what I asked for and the table settings were perfect! The only thing that happened was that they forgot my maid of honor's bouquet!! Yikes! I had no idea this happened until after the wedding was over, but by BFF made it worked and just tied up some centerpieces together and called it a day which I didn't even notice. Apparently what had happened was that the bouquet was missed because the most current invoice we had fixed wasn't printed so it didn't show what we had adjusted as previously discussed. Oh well...overall still loved Dellables!! Maui wedding cakes- Merriman's did the communication for us between vendor, but there was no problems what so ever! We got a two tier cake-bottom layer red velvet and top layer lilikoi! Both delish! Loved them both! So tasty! We even managed to cut part of our cake and bring it home back to California so we can eat it on our one year anniversary! Officiant Ernest pua- super nice man! We had no interactions with him at all before the wedding and we followed the basic wedding vows exchanged so that made things easy, but the wedding ceremony went perfect! There was no hiccups! Musician Marvin Tevagga- we absolutely loved him!! He definitely made our wedding memorable and our guest loved him too! We were so excited to finally meet him and hear him sing in person and his voice was even better than on you tube! We had him sing for 3 hours and that was the maximum amount of time we could keep him or else we would have kept him all night if we could! We loved loved Marvin and wish we were able to enjoy his music more! He even gave us a cd to take home, which we listened to everyday in Maui! He's a must! Pick him! Hair and make up artist-Maui Mira- I can't rave enough about Mira!! She was fabulous in every way and she made me feel the most beautiful I have ever felt in my life! I truly have never felt so stunning before! She's super down to earth and her make up and hair styling skills are just out of this world! She also worked on my moms and they looked absolutely beautiful! Both moms loved their looks and was so so happy! Mira definitely costed me a pretty penny too, but I truly loved her and her skills and she was worth! It! I would do it again if I could! Lodging-hyatt regency in kannapalli resort- service was excellent and the pools are amazing!! Rooms are very clean and room service was great! We stayed in a regular room with beach view and that was nice. We also stayed in the suite with beach view and the was amazing!! We loved it!! We have a 16 month old and she loved loved the kiddie pool! We would definitely come back to hyatt. Welcome dinner-we hosted a welcome dinner/rehearsal dinner the night before our wedding at old Lahaina Luau and it was perfect!!! Everyone had a fantastic time and the show was great! Food was excellent and we are so happy we were able to do this for our guests! Definitely the luau to go if you're in lahaina! I wouldn't change a single thing about our wedding and we loved everyone one our vendors! They were perfect and they definitely helped us make our wedding amazing! Thank you to them and I hope this review will help you make your dreams come true too! Good luck and pls let me know if my reviews helped you. I'd love to hear about it!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards