September 2014 Weddings

Down to the wire!

As a kind of spin-off to the 9/6 post, where are all the 9/13 ladies at?  Just about a month left!

I've had a 1.5-year engagement which was more than enough time, of course. We worked ahead on a lot of things. 
Now...
--- Meet with officiant
---- Meet with photographer
---- Meet with DJ
--- Wait on RSVP's, make charts
--- Final dress tweaks
--- Get the license (Since FI was divorced, he has to bring his divorce docs; when I mentioned that to a friend she goes, "Wow, way to kill the mood." LOL)

And the list goes on. Yeesh!!  Anyone else feeling more or less like, "Holy cow.... "  How are you doing with your checklist?

Bonus: I've been wandering around my home in my wedding shoes to break em in when FI isn't around. I feel very 1950s vaccuming in high heels.

Re: Down to the wire!

• I totally did laundry in my wedding shoes the other day! I felt very 50's housewife. I can't believe September is right around the corner!
  • I'll have to start wearing my shoes! I planned to wear them to work one day but they are teal so they just never seem to match anything I'm wearing. We took a 3 day weekend for a mini vaca this past weekend so when we got back home yesterday we picked up the ring and did the marriage license. Yay!

I still need to write the officiant script since it's my friend doing it. And figure out the day of timeline and what time I want the men there and stuff like that. I'm having a hard time because we are doing all photos beforehand so that after the ceremony we can just scidaddle to the reception. The pics will be outside at a park so I can't figure out the GM's wives....they will ride with their men since it's an hour drive but I feel terrible having them just sit there waiting for us as we take photos for an hour. The BM's are single/ no dates so it's 2 women who have never met who be sitting there together. Any ideas?

• Well, crap Jenna you're ahead of me there. It didn't even occur to me to worry about the S/Os of the wedding party while we take all the pictures beforehand.  We're in downtown Chicago though so I think they can entertain themselves. 

If I were you, I'd ask the GMs in question what they think about the arrangement so they can ask their wives what they want to do.  If it were me, I'd bring my Kindle and entertain myself, but I think only they can address this concern. I think it's an occupational hazard of being a date of a bridal party member. 

• Good call, guess I should warn them so they are prepared with sun block and water, or I can bring some for them. I still feel bad, even though "it's my day" (hate that expression) I still feel like I need to be as considerate to them as possible. 

• 9/13 here! We have most things pretty organized, but now we have to get the DJ "must play" and "do not" play lists together, and start sending out payments left and right. SO EXCITED! It's getting close. I am picking up my dress (final fitting) tomorrow & my Bridal Shower is next Saturday. Hopefully the stress stays away since I'm pretty calm about everything still .

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards