Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions

Ceremony without an arbor

We are having our wedding outdoors in a "garden" type setting. The arch provided by the location is kinda pathetic, plus m finance is taller than the arch. The original idea is probably going to be nixed due to the locations's new preference for one of the spots. There are two other locations for the wedding at the venue, however I don't really want to have an arch/arbor. Does anyone have ideas of how to "spoof" up the ceremony area. 

P.S. the aisle is going to have lanterns (24") and petals lining it.  

Re: Ceremony without an arbor

• I would just have two large arrangements placed on pretty columns or arranged in large urns, flank either side of the alter.

I am assuming that the outdoor area of  your venue is very pretty since it is a garden type setting so you really don't need much to spruce it up.  Just let the venue speak for itself.

• We were going to have one of those plastic bridal arches and I've now decided to ask the venue if we can nix it. We're at a winery and are getting married in front of one of their gardens. I doubt if I'm going to do anything else at this point to spruce it up and just let the scenery speak for itself.  agree with @maggie0829, let the venue speak for itself. 

• Agreed to let the venue speak for itself. That's what we did and it was lovely (and free!).
  • I was going to post almost exactly what @Maggie0829 posted. 

Another idea that I saw at a wedding I went to a few weeks ago is using shepherds hooks with hanging baskets that flank the "altar". It was really pretty and would be cheaper than big floral arrangements. I can't find a great image on google, but you get the idea:
    *********************************************************************************

• You could hang some stuff from trees (if there are some there); examples:
    imageimageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards