Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums
Options

Makeup Trial... Kind of? PIP

I wear a fair amount of makeup on a daily basis because of my job (actor) and will be doing my own makeup for our wedding. So everyday recently has become makeup trials! Today my face looked especially good, and I'm thinking it will look very similar to this for the wedding. I'm still not sure on lip color (it won't be this bright!) and I will wear a set of smaller lashes. 24 days!!! (More sideways pics, sorry!)

Re: Makeup Trial... Kind of? PIP

• Options
    It looks great. What color is on your lips?

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    Aw I love the bright pink lips! If that went with your color scheme, I would say keep that same color!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Thanks! @hellokellybean‌ The lip color is Funny Face by Nars. I like the bright pink, but I am trying to find something that doesn't transfer and FI won't kiss me unless he thinks I'm just wearing Chapstick! It's probably the thing I'm stressing out about most... Lipstick.
  • Options
    Oooh, I'll have to look for that. I usually just wear Buxom's Monte Carlo or MACs Girl About Town but this looks super nice.

Interestingly, I'm worried about lipstick too. I'm likely just going to wear a liquid lipstick from Kat von D's collection. Those suckers won't come off without a blowtorch lol. They have a bright pink one called Backstage Bambi if you're interested.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    PepperallyPepperally member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited August 2014

I'd also been obsessing over what to wear on my lips.  I just invested in a Chanel lip color that I tested out all day Wednesday...ate with it, kissed my hand to test transfer, etc, and it still looked great, AND it wasn't drying, and didn't transfer (only the gloss part). I had already read an article raving about the staying power of it for someone's wedding.  I went to the Clinique counter for a return (of a new Smashbox lipstain that was wayyyy too orange) and I mentioned what I was looking for and she said she is getting married next year and was going to use the Chanel lipstick because of its lasting quality and said Clinique didn't have anything like it.  So I just knew I had to try this one out despite the price tag.  I've tried many lipsticks and stains within the past several weeks, both higher and lower end brands.  I'm looking for something light in color and every stain I've tried so far is just way too dark or drying.  So the lady put the Chanel Rouge Double Intensite Ultra Wear Lip Colour in the lightest color they had on me.  Let that dry, added a matching lip liner, then a finishing gloss that comes with the lip color.  I took the plunge and bought it.  I also bought their crème blush which I used today for work and my cheeks were still rosy at the end of the day, which is never the case with other powder blushes I usually wear. 

But aside from that rambling, I think your makeup looks gorgeous.  Did you use plums/mauves for your eyes?  I am doing something similar, maybe a touch darker.  You look flawless!!

• Options
    Alikat9614Alikat9614 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited August 2014
    Thanks @pepperally ! It's from Urban Decay's Naked 3 palette. I used the 3 most matte colors: Strange, Limit, and Nooner. They all blend together really easily! ETA: I may have to try out the Chanel lip color! Sounds awesome!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards