Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

Help me choose the dress! :)

I have been to a few different shops at this point and have it narrowed down to 4 top choices... Please excuse my scribbled over face. I don't like pictures of myself on the internet. I should mention that our wedding will be outside in May 2015. Let me know which is your favorite! 

Dress # 1:
The front..

The back...

Dress #2:
The front...
The back...

Dress #3:
The front...

The back...

Dress # 4 (Only have a front picture as the back didn't zip) Also, this dress has a bolero jacket that goes with it, that was cute, but wouldn't fit my shoulders... I'm also wondering if anyone else has any experience with wearing tulle at an outdoor event.. do bugs/sticks get stuck in it? Thanks

Please keep in mind that it will be an outdoors wedding. The groom will not be wearing a suit. He'll be in something along these lines....

Thank you for your input!!!!

Re: Help me choose the dress! :)

• Options
    #2.  Very flattering to your figure.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • Options
    Thank you :)

• Options
    #2 or #4.  Both of them are very flattering to your figure.  Out of those two I like #4 more.  Love the lace and the tulle skirt.

• Options
    @Maggie0829 Thank you! I'm a little concerned about being outdoors in tulle, but I do love that dress

• Options
    I like #2. It's beautiful and I think it's the most flattering on your figure. I also think it makes the most sense with your venue choice and your groom's attire.
    *********************************************************************************

• Options
    I LOVE number 2 on you! I'm also kinda smitten with number 3, as well.

• Options
    @emster86 - I wouldn't worry about tulle and being outdoors.  Once you get the dress hemmed correctly you really shouldn't have any issues.  Unless you plan on rolling around in the grass LOL!

I probably missed a previous post (or am having a brain fart) but what is your venue and what is your groom wearing?

• Options
    Thank you everyone! :)

@Maggie0829 We are getting married outdoors (it will be next to a lake) and we will be having a tent reception. The groom is going to be wearing either gray slacks or khakis with a button up shirt and gray vest. 

• Options
    Okay well then I think #4 would be just fine for the venue you are having and what your groom is wearing. I just really like #4 so that is why I am pushing it LOL! But you should get whatever dress you are most comfortable in.

• Options
    haha thanks. #4 was my top choice for the longest time, then I went shopping this weekend and added 3 MORE! Ugh. I am so indecisive...

• Options
    2 or 4.
  • Options
    I wore J. Crew's "Heidi" gown (link) at my outdoor/tent reception wedding a couple of weeks ago. I loved it, but my MoH was picking insects out of the chiffon all night. It wasn't a huge deal, but the bugs definitely loved my dress. It looked like they were stuck between the chiffon and the silk, but in reality they just sort of snuggled in between the chiffon folds, so they were easy to shake out.
    Anniversary

• Options
    Oh wow, I'm in love with #2 on you. It's very flattering! I keep scrolling through all of them and keep going back to #2.

But whatever dress you are most comfortable in will be the one you look the most beautiful! ^_^
  • Options
    I like #2 the best. 

Anniversary
  • Options
     I like #2 the best, for sure. It's very flattering! In my opinion, I don't think the other 3 compare to it! In the end though, it's what you like, what your style is, and what you're happy & comfortable in! :)

*J
  • Options
    Thank you everyone :) I loved 3 when I was wearing it.. but I think it's a bit too much for outdoors with him not dressing up as well.. also it was the most expensive. #2 looks very nice on me, but I've always wanted something with a little more pizzazz! #4 has more "pizzazz" but I do worry about the bugs etc... I'm thinking it's between 2 and 4 right now.

• Options
    emster86 said:
    Thank you everyone :) I loved 3 when I was wearing it.. but I think it's a bit too much for outdoors with him not dressing up as well.. also it was the most expensive. #2 looks very nice on me, but I've always wanted something with a little more pizzazz! #4 has more "pizzazz" but I do worry about the bugs etc... I'm thinking it's between 2 and 4 right now.
    Keep in mind you'll be carrying flowers, wearing jewelry, maybe wearing a veil and have your hair all dolled up. You could pick statement jewelry and a cascade bouquet if you want to upgrade any look. 
    *********************************************************************************

• Options
    That's true. Thanks!

• Options
    southernbelle0915 said, it'll be more dressed up with your jewelry and other accessories! 
  • Options
    The fiance' wants my hair down and curly with a flower to the side.. (he was very specific about that one thing) ... I think that would look nice with #2... the top on #4 might get lost with my hair (it's halfway down my back)... That's a good thing to think about too! 

• Options
    #1 struck me as the best, to me. I love the color with your skin tone. I'm actually surprised I liked that satin shine because I do not like it on myself. I think it looks really good on you, but would probably look even better once fitted and properly laced (looks like it was put on in a hurry). I saw it and had to make myself scroll down to look at the others. #2 is my next favorite, followed by #4, then #3. I think #2 flatters you well and while plain, it isn't TOO plain. #4 I have trouble liking because the belt seems to cut you off in the middle and the lace flowers over the tulle just seem to come out of nowhere. It's a pretty dress, but if it were me, I'd be bothered. #3 is very flashy. I think it's a nice gown, but it's probably the same problem I had with myself in ballgowns. They just don't suit me. It's beautiful, just feels like too much, to me. Personal preference. Now, this is all my opinion and I do think that you'll look gorgeous in whatever you choose. They're all great dresses!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

"They say there's no such place... as Paradise. Even if you search to the ends of the Earth, there's nothing there. No matter how far you walk, it's always the same road. It just goes on and on. But, in spite of that... Why am I so driven to find it? A voice calls to me... It says, 'Search for Paradise.' " - Kiba, Wolf's Rain

• Options
    Another vote for #2! It looks awesome on you and it has a romantic, whimsical feel to it that's appropriate for an outdoor wedding. I also thnk your hairstyle will compliment this dress nicely.
  • Options
    @lkristenj Thank you so much for your insights. I actually really liked the "light gold" color with my skin. I wasn't thinking to go with a satin gown at all, but just loved the color. I thought it was flattering. 

So far it's looking like #2 is the fan's choice! :P

• Options
    I vote 2 or 4. 

I had a tulle dress for my outdoor wedding. Bugs did find their way in between the layers. Little gnats I think. You can't tell in the pictures though. My BMs were fussing with my dress all day though. 
    Anniversary

• Options
    @penguin44 Glad to know that you couldn't tell with the bugs! I'm in PA and it shouldn't be too buggy in early May.. think I'm over-thinking it. 

• Options
    I also like #3 the best but agree it wouldn't fit with the type of wedding you are having.
    Go for #2!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    #2 is the dress my BFF's sister is getting married in outdoors next May as well. :) It's a gorgeous dress and it looks amazing on you!

• Options
    Thanks guys! :)

• Options
    I adore #2 and #4 on you. Either one, you can't go wrong. I mean, you look beautiful in all of them but those two look the best.
  • Options
    Aww thanks. I'm obviously a plus size and I'm feeling really good with these compliments :P

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards