Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Cancel a wedding designer?

I recently met with 2 designers for  my wedding... One was very prompt and got back to me right away, was always able to accommodate any changes I had to the decor. The other one was just as sweet, but seemed to be a bit busier and not so attentive to my email. I ended up signing a contract with the first lady but haven't mailed the check yet. The other lady just got back to me with a much cheaper proposal (about $800). Is it okay to cancel my first wedding designer and not send in the deposit money, and go with the 2nd? I don't wanna be a bridezilla but that's a huge savings!

Re: Cancel a wedding designer?

• Options
    What does the contract say about canceling?
  • Options
    It says that the deposit will not be refunded and that I'm only responsible for the total if I cancel 30 days prior to my wedding. My wedding isn't until March 2015.
  • Options
    I recently met with 2 designers for  my wedding... One was very prompt and got back to me right away, was always able to accommodate any changes I had to the decor. The other one was just as sweet, but seemed to be a bit busier and not so attentive to my email. I ended up signing a contract with the first lady but haven't mailed the check yet. The other lady just got back to me with a much cheaper proposal (about $800). Is it okay to cancel my first wedding designer and not send in the deposit money, and go with the 2nd? I don't wanna be a bridezilla but that's a huge savings!
    Does number one have the signed contract in her possession?  I'm not a lawyer but my concern would be that the contract could still be enforceable.  I'd look into that before you do anything.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    You'll probably still have to pay the deposit even if you cancel. How much would you lose there?

And I agree with PP. If one wasn't answering you when you weren't even a paying customer, what's she going to be like once she has your money?
  • Options
    If you agreed through email to send a deposit, depending on your state, they may consider that as an agreement making the deposit necessary to pay the vendor.

But for an $800 difference, I would be going with the vendor who answers my emails and addresses my concerns promptly.  Is $800 really worth your sanity?
  • Options
    I would not be doing business with a vendor who can't be bothered to answer an email or phone call in a timely manner, regardless of how busy they are. 

Go with #1. You get what you pay for.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards