Not Engaged Yet

Rude!

Okay, so perhaps the stress of the day is getting to me but I'm quite annoyed....today I came home to a package on my door step that wasn't mine.  It was addressed to a woman and had our address on it.  I thought "hm... I'll just send it back, right??" Then I thought, maybe it's something really exciting that this person has been waiting for... so I went to whitepages.com and found the lady's name and called her phone and left a nice message saying I had her package and to call me back....

Well, she showed up on my door step and said "I'm here for my package??" and then her dog tried running in my house to attack my cat... and she never even said THANK YOU for going out of my way to track her down so she could get her package.  What the eff?! 

Re: Rude!

• (OMG THAT WAS MY FIRST GIF POST EVER)
  • Very rude! I'd be really irritated. 

• ps- is your cat okay?
  • Oh my gosh @lilacck28 I think you utilized your gif first time VERY well and on my thread even!! <3  My cat is okay, she was just a little frazzled! The dog didn't touch her just went after her and I caught him by the collar.

• Why did she bring her dog, and why wasn't it on a leash? The nerve of some people. I'm so sorry that happened @BreMR!

• Was her address even close to yours? How did she get her own address wrong?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• So freaking rude!

• That is incredibly rude, but I'm wondering the same thing as @cu97tiger. Were the addresses even remotely close?

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• edited August 2014

First - I would have called before I just came over to grab my package. I don't really like when people show up at my door unexpected.

Second - Dog not on a leash - Why?

Third - A thank you is a pretty small gesture, but it sure does hold a lot of meaning when a person goes out of their way to do something for you that they certainly didn't have to do. Just say it already!

ETA - @lilacck28 - LOVE the gif! Perfect. I can actually hear her saying it!

• It really is surprising to see dogs not on leashes. I spent last summer in Berlin, where it is common for dogs to walk without a leash. They're so well behaved! And they sit on the subway quit pleasantly. Not much barking, they stay by their owners... I don't know how they train their dogs there, but it's quite the sight to behold for someone from the US used to dogs on leashes.
  • @cu97tiger I have no clue what her actual address is, we live in a fairly small neighborhood and I've never seen the woman before in my life nor that giant dog.. so either they're new around here and she didn't know her address yet or she is a recluse, and that is why she's rude :)

@allusive007 I agree, I did not want her showing up which is why I called her and specifically didn't say my address I asked her to call me back, but she must've went on her tracking info or her order to get the information to where it was sent and just showed up.  Which I thought was even more rude!! :)

• Wait, so not only did she let her dog run wild, but you never gave her your address and she just showed up!?! 

That's just as bad as the Jehovah's Witnesses who tried to just walk into my house when I didn't answer the doorbell.  Lucky for them, my dog scared them off before I could. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards