Nevada-Las Vegas

Two months to plan -- Buffet vs. In-suite reception

We've been engaged for two years, and I wanted to wait until I finished school to get married. We decided on Vegas and already booked the Juno Garden @ Caesars Palace for a 7pm Saturday wedding. Does anyone have suggestions on a dinner/dancing reception venue? We anticipate a small turnout (10-20 ppl) because of the short notice. I prefer a buffet, but totally open to ideas. So far, I thought a Friday nite DDB tour with appetizers and drinks; then a dinner and dancing after the wedding Saturday. Any other suggestions are welcomed! :-) I really like MGM Skyline and a few others, but not sure how awkward transportation would be if we all stay at CP, go to MGM for a reception, and back to CP (or wherever guests are staying). I would prefer something in the vicinity. I am even considering changing the host hotel to whichever hotel we use to host the in-suite reception. I also wonder how awkward a buffet reception (Wynn, Bellagio, Bacchanal or ??) would be for a group that is dressed up and having to stand in lines (although from what I read, most give you a VIP pass)... After the reception, I plan on taking guests that still want to hang out back out on the strip... I really would like to hear personal experiences and feedback....Again, HELP!

Re: Two months to plan -- Buffet vs. In-suite reception

• I vote for Bacchanal or Wicked Spoon.  Both have private seating for groups BUT they will have minimums.  You may not meet the minimum with 10-20 people.  We may elect to do Wicked Spoon but just be seated in the regular dining area. 

We are doing drinks and cake in-suite in the panoramic 1 bedroom sky suite at Aria.

• Thanks! I have noticed the F&B minumums, so I am now also weighing a catered in-suite reception at Nobu (Sake Suite).

I also just found online that you can have a reception at the Jupiter Pool @ Caesars! I'm going to inquire about the F&B minimum for that as well.

@aggiespartan - I noticed you aren't usng the private seating... how many in your party? Did you also consider an in-suite reception?

• Probably about 20.  We are doing champagne and cake in suite and maybe a welcome party in suite the night before.  We haven't decided on dinner yet, but I don't think we are going to do a full reception in suite.
  • I had 9 guests for my wedding at the Juno Gardens. We booked Canaletto in the Venetian for a meal, there's no minimum for the room; a big plus for us with a small group. The menus vary from around $40-80 plus you can customise them. There's a 28% tax and service charge. Just another option.
  • Bacchanal is really good, but still really busy.  I was there for lunch on a Thursday and the line for the meat was through the Mexican section.  I think with a wedding dress it would be really hard.  Wicked Spoon is also really good and probably not as busy.   Bellagio probably isn't as busy either. Mirage is another option, right next door.  They don't have a private room, but they have a semi-private are over the pony wall.  We had our meet and greet there and the price of admission includes beer and wine. 

Celopatra's barge at Caesars is fun for music and dancing, it's more of a lounge area though, not a big club or anything.

Happy planning!  
    We had our dream wedding at Mirage on May 3, 2014! 
  • Disclaimer - I am a Caesars Corporate Employee, but thats not why I'm here! I swear! Bacchanaal is amazing, but like any buffet, the line can be SUPER long and it is kind of an awkward set up for large parties.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards