Not Engaged Yet
Options

Wedding menu

I have been trying to get an idea of what to serve at the wedding but i have no clue. Please help.

Re: Wedding menu

• Options
    I think you might have more luck on the Food and Cakes board. Also, you might want to be more specific with what you were thinking when you post over there.

• Options
    A lot of this will be determined by budget, number of guests, time of day, and type of wedding you'd like to have. Give us those guidelines and we can help you out a little bit! Also - @AuroraRose41 is correct - Food and Cakes might be a good board to check out too.
                                    Daisypath Wedding tickers

• Options
    A lot of this is determined by venue and package too. I think you need a bit more research then consider what you like and what your guests like and go from there
    I guess, to tell you the truth, I've never had much of a desire to grow facial hair. I think I've managed to play quarterback just fine without a mustache. - Peyton
  • Options
    lilacck28lilacck28 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited August 2014
    What are you having trouble with exactly? 

I decided I loved brunch, and the idea of a brunch wedding. And then I thought about my favorite brunch foods (smoked salmon eggs benedict, waffles), added those to my list of preferred entrees, and then filled out the selection with some things that I thought would provide my guests with options, such as a vegetarian quiche, a chicken dish, and a pasta dish. And then I thought about other things I loved... like pastries. And bagels. And I requested those too. My venue was very accommodating and said "no problem!" when I made most of these suggestions, which was one of the main reasons I picked it. 

But, for a lot of venues, you mostly need to decide what time of day you want your wedding, and what your budget is. And then you visit venues and see what they provide. You look through a menu of items that they have experience making. And if there is something in particular you want like I did, you ask the venues if they can make it. If it is important to you and they can not, then you look elsewhere for a venue that can. I think it's a good idea to have items that you love to eat, but also a bit of variety for your guests. And the amount of alcohol you provide is, again, based on your budget. You can host a dry wedding, wine and beer only, wine and beer and some signature drinks, just a signature drink, a full open bar, etc. I, myself, am sticking to champagne, mimosas, and bloody mary's. GO BRUNCH. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards