Texas-Houston
Options

Booked our venue!!!

We did it!  After getting pricing on over 50 venues and going to Open Houses, we finally made up our minds!  We had thought we we going to go with Olde Dobbin Station, but I just wasn't in love with any of the outdoor ceremony spaces.  Well, we went to the Madera Estates Open House last night and we both fell in love!  This place is so gorgeous and the owners and staff are really fun and kind.  We could not be happier with this choice.  Now I need a photographer, dress, and hair/makeup artist and we are done!!  If anon knows of any photogs or stylists that would go to the Conroe area please let me know!

Re: Booked our venue!!!

• Options
    We did it!  After getting pricing on over 50 venues and going to Open Houses, we finally made up our minds!  We had thought we we going to go with Olde Dobbin Station, but I just wasn't in love with any of the outdoor ceremony spaces.  Well, we went to the Madera Estates Open House last night and we both fell in love!  This place is so gorgeous and the owners and staff are really fun and kind.  We could not be happier with this choice.  Now I need a photographer, dress, and hair/makeup artist and we are done!!  If anon knows of any photogs or stylists that would go to the Conroe area please let me know!

@KristinMarie1984‌ I seen their booth at the bridal extravaganza but their price for my small weddings was more than I wanted to pay. The venue is gorgeous. Doesn't the venue offer you vendors they use? I'm from Conroe. What other venues did you go see in that area?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    They only had one photographer there and she was way too much.  We are doing out wedding on a Sunday, so it was only a bit over where we budgeted.  We looked at Olde Dobbin Station in Montgomery, The Carriage House (it will be complete soon) in Conroe, Balmorhea in Magnolia, and Moffit Oaks in Tomball.  I think I have pricing on all of them. 
  • Options
    @KristinMarie1984‌ I love Moffit Oaks. That's 5 min from where I just moved from. I think we are going with Town Hall Texas in Shenandoah. Very rustic and price is good. I like Photography by Nikki and also 5 cent photography in Spring. What caterer are you using? Where is Balmorhea?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Congratulations Kristin! Sounds like a very nice venue. We actually used HTown Sounds Events just a couple of months ago, (they have a featured profile here on the Knot). They helped with not only the DJ, Lighting, but also had photobooth and photographer, the photographer they brought also had the makeup artist with them. Everything was so seamless! one thing that was nice was having one team help with all of that and they gave us some discounts too. Call them! Good luck! -Alaine
  • Options
    We used Chinh Phan with Fotowork Group. He is super affordable. We paid $2500 for our engaement session, 10 hours of shooting the day of, and all of our pictures. The digital downloads are free, so we could print whichever one we wanted, whenever we wanted. He also takes pictures for culture map magazine. Here is a picture he did:

• Options
    Sorry for the super delayed response!  @Denitse40, we are using Cordua to cater.  Cafe Natalie is really yummy as well.  Balmorhea is in Magnolia http://balmorheaevents.com By the way,  The Carriage House is complete now and absolutely gorgeous! 

• Options
    @KristinMarie1984‌ how are your plans coming along? We are going to the Carriage House open house on Sunday. I'll make my decision by January and put a deposit down. Wedding not till 2016.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Check out Designs by Karinda in Montgomery! She is awesome and familiar with nearly all the venues mentioned above. 
    Old Dobbin Station and Moffitt Oaks are awesome...but expensive! I'm on a budget and struggling to find anything that won't break the bank. 
  • Options
    When is your wedding date?! We are also booked at Madera for 7/3/16 and I would love to get tips from you!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards