Just Engaged and Proposals
Options

Help!

Hello guys! My name is Samantha, I go by Sam, I was wondering if anyone would like to chat. I got engaged recently and I have no idea where to start. I need more people to chat with about my planning and more friends who are getting married everyone here doesn't get the planning part, and how hard it is. 

thanks guys! :) reply to this or message me I would love to hear about some peoples ideas. 

"Four years ago, I was just a guy who had a crush on a girl, who had a boyfriend. And I had to do the hardest thing that I've ever had to do"

Re: Help!

• Options
    Hi Sam! Congrats on getting engaged! And welcome to the club... I also recently got engaged and felt overwhelmed with planning. But it helps that people on here are very helpful. Basically, the three most important details to figure out first are: 1) budget & who is paying, 2) venue, and 3) dress. 

It also depends when your getting married. If you are having a long engagement, well then there is no need to go dress shopping right now. I'm getting married in April 2015 so its important for me to go since some dresses can take 5 months.

Also, having an idea of the guest list is helpful. You don't need it finalized yet, but you should have an idea about how many guests you will have, as that will affect your venue.

And peruse all the different categories on the wedding boards, there is a TON of helpful info!
  • Options
    Welcome, ladies! First, discuss with your fiance the type of wedding you'd like to have. Then set a budget and come up with a potential guest list. Then start looking for a venue that meets your needs and numbers. Feel free to join in the conversations on all the boards. Congrats and happy planning! 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    lilacck28lilacck28 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited August 2014
    I agree with above: figure out your preferred type of wedding (big or small,  brunch or dinner, time of year), budget, guest list, and then pick your venue accordingly. But photography was VERY important to me as well. I booked the venue first, did a little dress shopping, booked the photographer second, and then finally bought my dress and booked the officiant. 
  • Options
    Completely agree with everyone 100%. Also you will want to decide if you want to have a wedding where you currently reside, or if you want to go the destination wedding route. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards