Connecticut

Bakery for dessert bar?

We are leaning towards having a dessert bar instead of a traditional cake. Any recommendations?

Re: Bakery for dessert bar?

• Where are you having your reception? My recommendations vary based on region.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Just chiming in to say how much I LOVE dessert bars :)
  • i used sweet somethings for my bridal shower she does not have a store front but does events she did trays of balklava for me chocolate chip cookies, wedding themed chocolate pops and cupcake favors in mini cupcake boxes

her website is www.facebook.com/cakepops1
  • Where are you having your reception? My recommendations vary based on region.
    My reception is in Norwalk. Thanks!
  • I am thinking the same thing with a small cutting cake.

• It's not a bakery but I've never met a baked good at Stew Leonard's in Norwalk that I didn't like. I also love Michele's Pies in Norwalk but I'm not sure if they have more than pies there.  I love a dessert bar. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • There is a place in Norwalk called Forever Sweet Bakery - it is off exit 2 (I think..) on Route 7. I have been to a few events where they catered the desserts, and they have always been good - cupcakes, cake pops, cookies, etc. Here is their site: http://sweetendingsbakery.wix.com/foreversweetbakery.

I am thinking of doing the same thing with cutting a small symbolic cake and then having a dessert bar, but our wedding is on the other end of the state so we can't use them unfortunately. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards