Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Etiquette can kill you

mrsmagicgeekmrsmagicgeek member
5 Love Its First Answer First Comment Name Dropper
edited August 2014 in Wedding Etiquette Forum
Sunday night, I was sitting at home addressing wedding announcements when I started feeling nauseous. Positively vomistated! It got worse, and finally we decided I was in so much pain that a trip to the ER was in order.

After hours of tests, they finally said I was fine and could go home. We got home about 3am.

Monday, my daughter and I did some shopping and got our nails done. I was fine all day. We get home, I sit down and start working on announcements again. About 15 minutes later the nausea starts followed by the pain.

It turns out I'm allergic to the glue on the envelopes. Isn't that crazy? I'm finishing the addressing but I'm not allowed to seal them in case even getting the adhesive on my hands sets me off.

So, see? Etiquette can land you in the hospital!
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Etiquette can kill you

• Options
    jules3964jules3964 member
    First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited August 2014

Ever seen the Seinfeld episode where George's fiancé Susan dies from licking the deadly glue on their "cheap" wedding envelopes?

ETA: That's crazy that happened to you! Get one of those envelope sealer/moistener things.

• Options
    This was my lifesaver!

~*~*~*~*~

• Options
    Susan??! 

Glad you got it figured out and that you're OK now!
    Hahahahahahahahaha!!!!  I came to say the same thing! 

• Options
    I don't think they were cheap, I bought the upgraded envelopes with the announcements, not that that means anything I suppose. I haven't licked an envelope in forever.

It was pretty scary, and poor FI thought I was panicking about getting married.
  • Options
    That's crazy! Glad you're ok.
  • Options
    That is crazy! I totally thought of Susan from Seinfeld too. 
  • Options
    I'm glad you are ok!
  • Options
    If you don't have what @Cookie Pusher suggests, a sponge and little bowl of water works too. 

Sorry about your allergy--glad you got it checked out! 

Then happy I, that love and am beloved 
    Where I may not remove nor be removed.

--William Shakespeare (Sonnet 25)

• Options
    I used a makeup sponge - one of those wedge things. No way was I licking all those bad boys.
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards